Was Volgin nice to the Cobras when even though they kept f*** up everythong?

#1RickMoranisPosted 2/23/2014 1:34:57 AM
Was Volgin nice to the Cobras when even though they kept f*** up everythong? - Results (28 votes)
Only The Fear
3.57% (1 votes)
Only The Pain
3.57% (1 votes)
Only The End
7.14% (2 votes)
Only The Sorow
0% (0 votes)
Only The Fury
0% (0 votes)
Only The Joy
46.43% (13 votes)
The Pain and The Fear
3.57% (1 votes)
The Joy and the Sorrow
3.57% (1 votes)
The Fury and The End
3.57% (1 votes)
Other
28.57% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If he did, why did he do it.

If he didnt do it, why would he even be mad? lol

He didn't even talk to the Cobras at all now that I think of it.

I think only Joy Sorrow End and Fury speak Russian. Fear is British and Pain is Chinese.
---
Moranis 3:16 says I just shrunk your ass!
#2reincarna_tubePosted 2/23/2014 2:05:28 AM
Go home, Rick, you're drunk.
---
Let's talk about Rex, Rex, Rex!
#3gamedude00000Posted 2/23/2014 3:43:00 PM
Okay, keeping in mind that this is a RickMoranis topic I still have to ask... how the hell do you figure Pain was chinese?
---
Now Playing: WoW, GW2, Day Z, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#4SterlingFoxPosted 2/23/2014 8:35:52 PM
Volgin was nice to them because he feared them and The Boss.

We saw what happened whenever he felt like he was upsetting her. He suddenly started backpedaling and going like "Er, uh... well ya know, I meant this..." and all but apologized to her.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#5PrettyTonyTigerPosted 2/23/2014 10:11:48 PM
gamedude00000 posted...
Okay, keeping in mind that this is a RickMoranis topic I still have to ask... how the hell do you figure Pain was chinese?

I think I read on the MGS wiki that he's French and his name was Claude, but I tried to look further beyond that and found nothing at all lol. Can anyone comfirm?
---
She turns around like a tornado!!
#6SterlingFoxPosted 2/23/2014 11:11:48 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
gamedude00000 posted...

I think I read on the MGS wiki that he's French and his name was Claude, but I tried to look further beyond that and found nothing at all lol. Can anyone comfirm?

Other than The End and The Fury being Russian (Which we only know because of The End's rifle and The Fury's spacesuit), we don't know the nationality or real name of any of the Cobras.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#7RickMoranis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 4:16:20 AM
SterlingFox posted...
gamedude00000 posted...

Other than The End and The Fury being Russian (Which we only know because of The End's rifle and The Fury's spacesuit), we don't know the nationality or real name of any of the Cobras.

I'll admit that I don't really know. But I do assume that they are international as a group and thus some of the members must represent someplace other than Russia.
---
#8MarquessLausPosted 2/24/2014 7:27:29 AM
SterlingFox posted...
gamedude00000 posted...

MGS3 actually does give American as the Joy's nationality. And that the Sorrow is an agent of the Soviet Philosophers. Presumably either the Fear and/or the Pain were of the Chinese branch since it's pretty strongly implied the Boss wasn't able to hang out with any of them after WWII.
---
When you've got a pretty-boy monkey on your back constantly calling you a puppet, you hardly want to seem like you're happy to be used. - DSakaCharanJ
#9high_contrast87Posted 2/24/2014 7:46:34 AM
SterlingFox posted...
gamedude00000 posted...

The Fury, The End and The Sorrow are Russian. Peace Walker makes it clear that The Sorrow is from the Soviet Union in the EVA tapes and is working for the Soviets when The Boss is sent to kill him.

The Boss is obviously American, and I'd bet The Pain is too judging by his weapon. The Fear is anyone's guess.
#10RickMoranis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 7:54:45 AM
high_contrast87 posted...
SterlingFox posted...
gamedude00000 posted...

The Fury, The End and The Sorrow are Russian. Peace Walker makes it clear that The Sorrow is from the Soviet Union in the EVA tapes and is working for the Soviets when The Boss is sent to kill him.

The Boss is obviously American, and I'd bet The Pain is too judging by his weapon. The Fear is anyone's guess.

After World War II:

Many Thompsons were distributed to Chinese armed forces as military aid before the fall of Chiang Kai-Shek's government to Mao Zedong's Communist forces in 1949 during the Chinese Civil War. During the Korean War, American troops were surprised to encounter Chinese Communist troops heavily armed with Thompsons, especially during surprise night assaults. The gun's ability to deliver large quantities of short-range automatic assault fire proved very useful in both defense and assault during the early part of the conflict.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_gun

---