I don't think BB kills those kids, however...

#1makdude1994Posted 2/25/2014 8:03:49 AM
So as discussed before, we don't think that BB kills those kids in the trailer. However, I would like to point out a few things:

1.) I only saw 4 slaves, 3 of which were adults (2 men and 1 woman). So technically "kids" isn't correct.

2) Just because in MG2 Big Boss took war orphans and raised them as soldiers, doesn't mean he could not have killed some before he started practising this. (perhaps feeling guilty and then he starts to raise soldiers from youth). Judging by the trailers, it looks like this is the first time BB has seen a diamond, he seems to be fixated by it. I think the slaves wanted to strike a deal and BB decided that he could just kill them as it would be easier to do so.

3.) I think the most probable scenario is that he kills the adults and keeps the children alive (this would fit his persona in MG2 regarding children and push him into being a villain.)

Lastly, I would like to point out that although Kojima's trailers are intentionally misleading at times, it just wouldn't make sense for this scene to not to be the game. If BB going to become punished snake, then why trick people into thinking he will do bad things, when at this point it is expected of him from the trailers?

What types of crimes and atrocities do you think BB will commit? Also, what's your stance on the last scene of the trailer regarding the slaves?
#2AngryGFAQerPosted 2/25/2014 8:30:25 AM
makdude1994 posted...
Judging by the trailers, it looks like this is the first time BB has seen a diamond, he seems to be fixated by it.

HAHAHAHA.

i think the most probable scenario is that he kills the adults and keeps the children alive.

That doesn't remotely make sense.

Lastly, I would like to point out that although Kojima's trailers are intentionally misleading at times, it just wouldn't make sense for this scene to not to be the game.

No one said the scene won't be in the game. We've been saying the scenes won't happen in the same sequence it appeared in the E3 trailer.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#3riddlebox89Posted 2/25/2014 9:02:20 AM
makdude1994 posted...
I think the most probable scenario is that he kills the adults and keeps the children alive

Uhuh...he kills the ones who are most likely the most able bodied ones who would be just as willing to join him as the kids would be if he was there to save them and reduces the amount of people he recruits. Great logic.

Really, that's like going into Peace Walker knowing that there's a POW with mad skillz in a stage, but using up all your fulton balloons on regular mooks with crap skillz.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4high_contrast87Posted 2/25/2014 11:07:50 AM
makdude1994 posted...
So as discussed before, we don't think that BB kills those kids in the trailer. However, I would like to point out a few things:

1.) I only saw 4 slaves, 3 of which were adults (2 men and 1 woman). So technically "kids" isn't correct.

2) Just because in MG2 Big Boss took war orphans and raised them as soldiers, doesn't mean he could not have killed some before he started practising this. (perhaps feeling guilty and then he starts to raise soldiers from youth). Judging by the trailers, it looks like this is the first time BB has seen a diamond, he seems to be fixated by it. I think the slaves wanted to strike a deal and BB decided that he could just kill them as it would be easier to do so.

3.) I think the most probable scenario is that he kills the adults and keeps the children alive (this would fit his persona in MG2 regarding children and push him into being a villain.)

Lastly, I would like to point out that although Kojima's trailers are intentionally misleading at times, it just wouldn't make sense for this scene to not to be the game. If BB going to become punished snake, then why trick people into thinking he will do bad things, when at this point it is expected of him from the trailers?

What types of crimes and atrocities do you think BB will commit? Also, what's your stance on the last scene of the trailer regarding the slaves?

My stance on the "slaves" is that we're being intentionally misled through clever editing - Kojima wants to generate shock and buzz around the character so the fans start wondering what the hell kind of direction he'll be going in. I fully expect Big Boss to be involved in the horrible diamond trade and to be making use of child soldiers (already an established fact about the character, shown as early as PW with Chico). Its also very possible he is authorising torture at the hands of his subordinates Ocelot and Kaz. So yeah, he's going to be doing some very morally 'bad' things...that's what I expect and look forward to form the character. That's what I've been waiting for since they start doing these Big Boss games.

But gunning down unarmed children/adults while they're locked in a cage? Doubt it.
#5nelson0928Posted 2/25/2014 9:23:44 PM
makdude1994 posted...
Judging by the trailers, it looks like this is the first time BB has seen a diamond, he seems to be fixated by it.

LOL. If I've never heard about MGS and read that sentence, I'd have though BB was nickname for an infant and that "BB" stood for "Beautiful Baby". Hahaha XD.
#6nelson0928Posted 2/25/2014 9:27:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7darthcidPosted 2/26/2014 3:28:23 AM
I think they're changing it so all the bad things BB supposedly does is just propaganda spread by Cipher, and that it is actually Ocelot and Kaz that do the bad things without authority from BB, i.e. he isn't present during either torture scene.
---
"Prepare for mild to severe discomfort" - Ringabel
#8Silent_Snake666Posted 2/26/2014 5:17:21 PM
I still can't believe anyone actually thought BB would be shown to kill children.

Ever since I saw the part of the trailer I always knew it was just editing and nothing else...
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 PSN - Craig_Lennon "We're not tools of the government or anyone else!" - Gray Fox
#9wh0_kn0wsPosted 2/26/2014 6:59:23 PM
Silent_Snake666 posted...
I still can't believe anyone actually thought BB would be shown to kill children.

Ever since I saw the part of the trailer I always knew it was just editing and nothing else...

TABOOOOOOOO
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#10riddlebox89Posted 2/26/2014 7:10:41 PM
Silent_Snake666 posted...

Child soldiers are shown to be in the game, if you honestly think that they're going to put them in as enemies and flat out refuse to allow the player to shoot back and defend themselves, you're out of your damn mind.

Why do you think mods for Fallout and Skyrim that allow the player to kill children have one of the highest "times downloaded" numbers? Because putting children in the game and giving them weapons or allowing them to send bandits to kill you, then not allowing you to kill them, is complete crap.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.