So I'm playing MGSV GZ right now and...

#1SirJordsyPosted 3/15/2014 1:53:57 AM
I was overlooking the base from a cliff, where you can just hop down; and I'm watching this guard walk down the middle of the road just minding his own business. He wasn't alerted or anything, I hadn't even had time to get into the base, this is like 10 seconds in. Haha

So I'm watching this guy and I see this jeep start heading toward him, and the guy is still walking in the direction of the oncoming jeep; I'm thinking no, he isn't gonna run him over is he? And right then BOOM!

He hits him and the guy walking goes flying backwards. The guy who hit him get out with his rifle ready and checks if he's alive and then calls for backup saying there is an intruder!

I so wanted to just jump down and be like "dude I haven't done anything, I'm not gonna be your scapegoat!" But alas I couldn't... I wonder if this was just a bug or what but it was hilarious! I had to restart... Haha
#2ObsessedGeorgePosted 3/15/2014 2:13:06 AM
Man, maybe you got invaded by a Dark Soul! :)

If only you shared it for us to see! Damn it son, that's what Kojima wanted! Share your experiences!
I'm imagining it now and l can't control my hype!

Thanks for letting us know.
#3SirJordsy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 2:23:01 AM
ObsessedGeorge posted...
Man, maybe you got invaded by a Dark Soul! :)

If only you shared it for us to see! Damn it son, that's what Kojima wanted! Share your experiences!
I'm imagining it now and l can't control my hype!

Thanks for letting us know.

I so wanted too! But I'm playing on ps3 and the idroid app which lets you share isn't out yet :(
#4AngryGFAQerPosted 3/15/2014 4:44:42 AM
How does it feel running on the PS3?
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#5SirJordsy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 6:05:22 AM
AngryGFAQer posted...

Good, graphics wise is look really smooth, there are some weird bugs like capes going through ceiling and arms sticking out of walls but it feels good. Sometimes though since the game is so context sensitive you'll have a hard time sticking to the wall or when you try to carry an enemie you hold circle to pick them up but they always have their gun next to them so sometimes you'll accidently pick up their gun instead then try to pick up your gun and pick up the guy, you can see where I'm going with this.

The same thing happened in splinter cell blacklist. I'm excited for the app because it's annoying having the idroid take up your whole screen but it's nice to play cassettes while your moving and stuff.

The X-ray and reflex mode are kinda annoying, even if your out of bullets you still have to wait for it to end and the X-ray vision can get distracting, the marker system is pretty cool, the coolest thing is the binoculars with the intel options.

The voice acting is good for the most part.

Kiefers vocals sound really out of context sometime, you can tell that they recorded all of his audio by himself and not with the cast. Kaz will ask a non chelant question and snake will respond with a yell. So sometimes the performance is pretty good and than sometimes it just takes you out like when kaz tells snake about the weather and snake yells "the weather is on out side!" It's like ok man, just chill! Haha it's also really weird seeing him talking with another voice. Regardless of what snake voice you like better it still is... weird you know?

Overall it's a pretty good game, I really wish that MGO was packaged with GZ because even though there is replay value you're only gonna play each level about 5 times.
#6EduardoESRPosted 3/15/2014 6:19:47 AM
You can turn reflex mode off on game settings
#7AngryGFAQerPosted 3/15/2014 6:29:53 AM
SirJordsy posted...
AngryGFAQer posted...

Good, graphics wise is look really smooth, there are some weird bugs like capes going through ceiling and arms sticking out of walls but it feels good. Sometimes though since the game is so context sensitive you'll have a hard time sticking to the wall or when you try to carry an enemie you hold circle to pick them up but they always have their gun next to them so sometimes you'll accidently pick up their gun instead then try to pick up your gun and pick up the guy, you can see where I'm going with this.

The same thing happened in splinter cell blacklist. I'm excited for the app because it's annoying having the idroid take up your whole screen but it's nice to play cassettes while your moving and stuff.

The X-ray and reflex mode are kinda annoying, even if your out of bullets you still have to wait for it to end and the X-ray vision can get distracting, the marker system is pretty cool, the coolest thing is the binoculars with the intel options.

The voice acting is good for the most part.

Kiefers vocals sound really out of context sometime, you can tell that they recorded all of his audio by himself and not with the cast. Kaz will ask a non chelant question and snake will respond with a yell. So sometimes the performance is pretty good and than sometimes it just takes you out like when kaz tells snake about the weather and snake yells "the weather is on out side!" It's like ok man, just chill! Haha it's also really weird seeing him talking with another voice. Regardless of what snake voice you like better it still is... weird you know?

Overall it's a pretty good game, I really wish that MGO was packaged with GZ because even though there is replay value you're only gonna play each level about 5 times.

Thanks for the in-depth explanation. Well, I pre-ordered it for both the PS3 and PS4 (which I'm only getting in May) so I'll be playing the game a lot after hitting 100% on each game.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#8NakedSnake1986Posted 3/15/2014 6:30:33 AM
Can you use R2/L2 to aim and shoot on PS3? I have those plastic trigger tips snapped onto my R2 L2 buttons and would like to use the back buttons to gun down foes.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#9minifatPosted 3/15/2014 6:32:42 AM
I so wanted too! But I'm playing on ps3 and the idroid app which lets you share isn't out yet

The iDroid lets you share... like footage? That's not confirmed, is it? Because that would be cool since I'm on PS3.
#10SirJordsy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 6:32:53 AM
EduardoESR posted...
You can turn reflex mode off on game settings

I know I wanted to try it out though to see what it was really like