What is your "never / least use" item/ weapon in MGS series

#21NinjaGodzillaPosted 7/7/2014 8:24:24 PM
T_H_E_O posted...
Binocular in MGS 1,2,3,4: Never, I NEver use it.
Camera: LOL except B&B and ghost for trophy

Handgun in MGS4 - Either Tranq or M.gun, just never fire a single shot with normal handgun, maybe MGO

Claymore.... just...no...never see any purpose..maybe tryin them in MGS just for fun

so...what is your least use weapon or item just becoz you never feel interested in that

whaaaaat!!!!!! Dude.....the Claymore in Metal Gear Solid 1 could BODY Volcan Raven and make that fight so much easier. You could WRECK him with claymores.
#22SavenForeverPosted 7/7/2014 10:05:03 PM
Cardboard Box.

It was only useful in Metal Gear 2
---
lolcaps
#23Ertrick36Posted 7/7/2014 10:14:26 PM
NinjaGodzilla posted...
T_H_E_O posted...

Handgun in MGS4 - Either Tranq or M.gun, just never fire a single shot with normal handgun, maybe MGO

Claymore.... just...no...never see any purpose..maybe tryin them in MGS just for fun

so...what is your least use weapon or item just becoz you never feel interested in that

whaaaaat!!!!!! Dude.....the Claymore in Metal Gear Solid 1 could BODY Volcan Raven and make that fight so much easier. You could WRECK him with claymores.

Somewhat off-topic, but I watched a playthrough of Twin Snakes with someone using C4 against him... it was a frustrating fifteen minutes that I eventually just decided to skip over.

I never want to watch someone try to use C4 to defeat Vulcan Raven ever again. This being said, claymores are actually pretty effective against Raven if you place them right; otherwise they're the bane of your existence. You just gotta make sure you don't run over your claymores or trap yourself between two or more of them.
---
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>
#24Seifross2010Posted 7/7/2014 10:45:35 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
NinjaGodzilla posted...
T_H_E_O posted...

Somewhat off-topic, but I watched a playthrough of Twin Snakes with someone using C4 against him... it was a frustrating fifteen minutes that I eventually just decided to skip over.

I never want to watch someone try to use C4 to defeat Vulcan Raven ever again. This being said, claymores are actually pretty effective against Raven if you place them right; otherwise they're the bane of your existence. You just gotta make sure you don't run over your claymores or trap yourself between two or more of them.

In MGS1, there's an exact path you can follow and place claymores to guarantee a quick win against Raven, which essentially allows you to skip the fight. Otherwise, I find they're useless for the rest of the series (maybe against Fatman, but even then you can just use the USP until he falls over).

Definitely claymores for me, for the whole series - but I tend to avoid any loud weapon in all the games and even only use lethal weapons on my initial play through.
#25T_H_E_O(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2014 11:23:55 PM
Haha while MGS is a Tactical Espionage Stealth Action game, it gives you more than enough even more lethal weapon than COD hahah

Just add one more, stun grenade.
Use it in mgs1 Lift Part and crying wolf (with grenade launcher so it doesn't count)

Who will use a stun grenade when you can tranq them lol
---
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
#26GoldsicklePosted 7/7/2014 11:53:54 PM
T_H_E_O posted...

Stun Grenades can stun multiple opponents at once.

The problem with using them in MGS & MGS2 is that they instantly trigger Alert.
They only trigger Caution as of MGS3, meaning it's an available option for stealth without being spotted.

If Sleep Gas grenades makes a return from Peace Walker, then Stun Grenades would be used a lot less.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#27Seifross2010Posted 7/8/2014 1:54:29 AM
T_H_E_O posted...
Haha while MGS is a Tactical Espionage Stealth Action game, it gives you more than enough even more lethal weapon than COD hahah

Just add one more, stun grenade.
Use it in mgs1 Lift Part and crying wolf (with grenade launcher so it doesn't count)

I loved the stun grenades outside of MGS1 and MGS2, but in 3, 4 and Peace Walker (sleeping gas anyway) they're some of my favourite weapons. In 3 you can take out half the Ocelot unit just by throwing one or two at the beginning.

Actually, they're good for a BBE run in MGS1 as well - haven't even tried one in MGS2 yet, but I assume they'd be more useful there too.
#28darthcidPosted 7/9/2014 3:09:32 AM
Ertrick36 posted...
minifat posted...
Cardboard box. I can't believe how many people say it is a classic item. Too many people whined about it.

I wouldn't know of the full exten of its usefulness in Peace Walker because I never played it with a friend.

Only the box tank needed co op to function, you could still use the ambulance box for health regen.
The assassin box, however, was god tier. It is also the basis of all the new cardboard box features in tPP.
---
"Prepare for mild to severe discomfort" - Ringabel
#29XepthrichrosPosted 7/9/2014 4:50:02 AM
If one focuses just on stealth, a lot of stuff in MGS is redundant.

But truth is, MGS is more than just Tactical Espionage Action.
It's Trollific Kojima Action.
---
One Way is true, only love is permitted.
#30acolytesPosted 7/10/2014 8:01:26 AM
I use claymores in MGS1 on the stair case battle. Helps a good amount.

I never really use the binoculars in any game.
---
"I want your blood...I want your souls...And I want 'em both, right now." - Johnny Ringo, Tombstone