Kojima wants to make MGO3 more appealing for western players.

#1LittleBigFan98Posted 7/7/2014 5:32:27 PM
Interview with Kojima about MGO3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNlEWXAQk-4

He pretty much wants the game to be easy for casuals like Call of Duty because a lot of people sucked in MGO2.

If it ends up being a FPS, I imagine it will look like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYihAUFBs6o
---
Official ''Spamstroke'' of Injustice: Gods Among Us.
#2WalkerWondersPosted 7/7/2014 5:53:32 PM
I remember Splinter Cell having multiplayer broke into two teams. One team took on traditional fps shooting, while the others played 3rd person stealth. It's actually a pretty fun game mode, so if they integrate that into Metal Gear that would be a pretty good compromise.
---
3ds friend code: 2680 9181 0520 Trainer Name: Shayne
Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Network ID: WalkerWonders
#3Gr3gSolidusPosted 7/7/2014 6:32:07 PM
Or, you know, it could just not be a clunky mess.
#4Jx1010Posted 7/7/2014 6:48:06 PM
I really hope the online sucks horribly.
Because if its anything like the other MG online, I wont want to stop playing.
#5copenhagenLongCPosted 7/7/2014 6:59:02 PM
the lag made MGO2 nigh unplayable...funnily enough, peace walkers online versus modes have no lag on the ps3 version
#6killerdestroyerPosted 7/7/2014 7:03:16 PM
I can't wait until this game comes out and it's absolutely nothing like Call of Duty so people will stop saying this about it.
---
PSN: http://psnprofiles.com/eddiethehead4493
#7The_Ivory_ManPosted 7/7/2014 7:05:54 PM
killerdestroyer posted...
I can't wait until this game comes out and it's absolutely nothing like Call of Duty so people will stop saying this about it.
#8Ertrick36Posted 7/7/2014 7:13:02 PM
Gr3gSolidus posted...
Or, you know, it could just not be a clunky mess.

This...

copenhagenLongC posted...
the lag made MGO2 nigh unplayable...funnily enough, peace walkers online versus modes have no lag on the ps3 version

This...

killerdestroyer posted...

And this.

Also, I thought Hideo said this several months ago. According to someone I heard, all it meant was that they were going to advertise more to the western audiences and try to be more supportive of said audiences.

A lot of the MGO2 problems could have been fixed with a better support team, but they just didn't focus as much in the west as they did in Japan, and I recall that Japan had a great Community Support Page (whereas here in the U.S., we made up derogatory names off of the abbreviation [CSP]). Turns out MGO2 had a massive following in Japan, whereas by the time MGO2 bit the dust in the U.S., there was only a thousand or so people sticking around.
---
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>
#9T_H_E_OPosted 7/7/2014 7:55:54 PM(edited)
Actually I love MGO2, and like graping the other team in MM lol~ yes I am a spawn killer

Lol joking, I like mgo for one shot KO in head and no more shoot the leg in two round has the same effect as in shooting the chest in cod

It is less intense as cod but it feel more playable and enjoying (not until every one have Cqc master and knock you out in second)

I like the SNE as well~ while blue and red team facing each other and snake in The middle of the war lol
---
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience
#10Ertrick36Posted 7/7/2014 8:22:23 PM
T_H_E_O posted...
Actually I love MGO2, and like graping the other team in MM lol~ yes I am a spawn killer

Lol joking, I like mgo for one shot KO in head and no more shoot the leg in two round has the same effect as in shooting the chest in cod

It is less intense as cod but it feel more playable and enjoying (not until every one have Cqc master and knock you out in second)

I like the SNE as well~ while blue and red team facing each other and snake in The middle of the war lol

The three skills I remember that were real big issues were the CQC master skill, the Box 3 skill, and the Charm skill. Many rooms had to put in the description that you couldn't use the CQC master skill, and even that didn't stop people. It was especially bad in the "knife only" rooms, since the players could easily just throw you down (instantly KOing you) and just stab you.

Aside from that, I remember all the glitches people exploited. Death looping was the worst, and I'd only ever do it if I was in a mischievous mood with my friends. Glitches like that were one big reason tons of people hated MGO2; that, and many people performed DDoS attacks during tournaments... or so I heard.
---
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>