Kojima wants to make MGO3 more appealing for western players.

#21RMPCobraPosted 7/9/2014 6:09:47 AM
Ertrick36 posted...
Seifross2010 posted...
RMPCobra posted...
Seifross2010 posted...
I didn't play loads of MGO2 due to having awful internet at the time, but from what I gather the big problem was a lack of any real support - there were loads of issues (aforementioned CQC skill being ridiculous, as well as cardboard box abuse) and Konami didn't take any steps to address them. As long as they put a bit more support into MGO3, it should be a lot better.

Like I said though, I didn't actually play much, so I could be wrong about it.

You are wrong.

Fair enough, but it'd be much better if you actually addressed some of the things I said, so your post isn't useless. I'm not arguing with you about it - like I said, I didn't play much - but it'd be good to know what actually happened regarding some of the problems with MGO2.

You aren't wrong. They're either joking, didn't witness the issues, or were a cheater/glitcher themselves (or, like you, didn't play much). It's a lot like what you described, though I personally think the issues were more about all the glitches and lagswitching/DDoSing. I never experienced these issues much during tournaments (mostly 'cause me and my friends weren't that great, so we lost the first or second round), but DDoS attacks were apparently a huge issue, according to people on the CSP.

Not taking Ertrick36 post seriously.

But to give you more insight Seifross2010 the biggest problem with MGO2 was the community. The best way I can explain it is something Persona A did always irritated Person B (glitching, cheating, lagswitching aside). You could join a room on MGO2 and casually be leveling up your shotgun skill and that would drive some people insane.

Same with any other skills go into a room and CQCEX grab people or slam people (vote to kick this player - yes/no).
Use AR3 "AR3 nub" (vote to kick this player - yes/no)

So when you a have mentality of players that don't want to get better themselves, but just kick people that have different play styles in favor of those who play exactly like themselves of course problems will arise, and honestly that's just with the play style portion alone. It gets more ridiculous when you start adding in clashing personalities of the players/clans.

To be quite honest the community reminded me a lot of the Fighting Game Community

Personally what I am planning to do on MGO3 is just play with the friends I gained from MGO2 and stay away from forums and the community as a whole. If you want to check out past topics visit the website mgo2.com or just go to Metal Gear Online on the PlayStation 3 forum.
---
Youtube.com/RMPKenpachi
Comedy videos and Commentaries | subscribe
#22ArayzielPosted 7/9/2014 8:50:29 AM
MGO2 had so many issues and I thought they only got worse as time went on, but I still played it because it was so unique. I liked the text chat, codec commands, character creation, and overall silliness of it and I hope they don't take that away.
#23agrissaPosted 7/9/2014 3:29:24 PM
I guess I'm skipping out on MGO3 then.
---
Corporate greed has ruined gaming.
#24jkt2960Posted 7/9/2014 9:54:16 PM
Metal Gear Online: Modern Warfare incoming.
#25XepthrichrosPosted 7/10/2014 3:54:55 AM
If MGO is without CQC and all that, I am gonna be quite disappointed.
---
One Way is true, only love is permitted.
#26RMPCobraPosted 7/10/2014 4:45:15 AM
agrissa posted...

I wouldn't skip out on it just realize how the community can be if you were there during MGO2. Truthfully I believe everyone has grown up some, but alas it is the internet so anyone "can act like anything"
---
Youtube.com/RMPKenpachi
Comedy videos and Commentaries | subscribe
#27LittleBigFan98(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 8:40:20 AM
Something that has me kind of worried is what the guy said in the E3 30 minute gameplay:

"Mother Base will be under attack by the enemies you make during the campaign or online"

This means that if I'm winning in a lobby and the host or any player is vengeful and doesn't like losing I will have to super protect my Mother Base from entire clans of online dudes that want to piss me off by killing my S-Rank recruits and stealing my resources?
---
Official ''Spamstroke'' of Injustice: Gods Among Us.
#28agrissaPosted 7/10/2014 11:25:32 AM
RMPCobra posted...
agrissa posted...

I wouldn't skip out on it just realize how the community can be if you were there during MGO2. Truthfully I believe everyone has grown up some, but alas it is the internet so anyone "can act like anything"

Sure some might grow up, but there will also be new kids that join in....
---
Corporate greed has ruined gaming.
#29Yami_light_Posted 7/10/2014 2:05:26 PM
LittleBigFan98 posted...
Something that has me kind of worried is what the guy said in the E3 30 minute gameplay:

"Mother Base will be under attack by the enemies you make during the campaign or online"

This means that if I'm winning in a lobby and the host or any player is vengeful and doesn't like losing I will have to super protect my Mother Base from entire clans of online dudes that want to piss me off by killing my S-Rank recruits and stealing my resources?

Maybe he was referring to AI that you encounter in co op modes online.

Or yeah, maybe you'll get attacked by AI's representing a player that you defeated in VS modes
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami
#30minifatPosted 7/10/2014 2:08:06 PM
LittleBigFan98 posted...

We know nothing about base attacking yet. I doubt you can just lose everyone that is killed in this mode.
---
"brb making a new video about Skull Face and Big Boss as allies, because that idea isn't stupid anymore" - AngryGFAQer