Metal Gear Solid V News Thread v4

#11liquidsolidsnakPosted 7/29/2014 5:47:37 AM
I agree. Show some online, a launch trailer and no story or gameplay spoilers. I can't wait!!!!
#12MonkeymanMagooPosted 7/29/2014 7:46:20 AM
The only thing I am interested in is an actual release date.

Kojima has already revealed too much information in the previous trailers, things that would have been amazing for people to discover for themselves the first time they played through the finished game which are now spoiled for the player.

I see this a lot these days not just with games but with movie trailers too. Why reveal so much?
#13liquidsolidsnakPosted 7/29/2014 7:49:16 AM
MonkeymanMagoo posted...

Kojima has already revealed too much information in the previous trailers, things that would have been amazing for people to discover for themselves the first time they played through the finished game which are now spoiled for the player.

I see this a lot these days not just with games but with movie trailers too. Why reveal so much?

I concur.
#14eric_otnessPosted 7/29/2014 7:54:46 AM
liquidsolidsnak posted...
MonkeymanMagoo posted...

I concur.

Yeah, and what's worse is that Kojima actually spoke out against this sort of thing and preferred deceptive measures.

Look Kojima, 1984 or not, I strongly suggest you give a release window. Early 2015 is not good enough. We need a month at least.
#15riddlebox89Posted 7/29/2014 8:51:15 AM
eric_otness posted...
Look Kojima, 1984 or not, I strongly suggest you give a release window. Early 2015 is not good enough. We need a month at least.

If they gave us a month, we'd ask for a week, if they gave us a week, we'd ask for a day, they give us a day, we'd ask for the exact hour, minute and millisecond on the dot. Nothing is ever going to be "good enough"
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#16big_boss1988Posted 7/29/2014 8:56:24 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
eric_otness posted...

If they gave us a month, we'd ask for a week, if they gave us a week, we'd ask for a day, they give us a day, we'd ask for the exact hour, minute and millisecond on the dot. Nothing is ever going to be "good enough"

Speak for yourself.
---
December 16th 2014, I'm already a demon.
#17Robin_MaskPosted 7/29/2014 8:56:56 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
eric_otness posted...

The problem is that too many people are taking games way too seriously now. From esports to "OMG I REALLY NEED THIS GAME TO CONTINUE" and it really is getting absurd.

Just a few days ago, I couldn't say anything bad of how I didn't like the Destiny PVP with "friends" of mine.
---
I fought Maximillian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsW7c_cnyU
#18eric_otnessPosted 7/29/2014 9:20:54 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
eric_otness posted...

The problem is that too many people are taking games way too seriously now. From esports to "OMG I REALLY NEED THIS GAME TO CONTINUE" and it really is getting absurd.

Just a few days ago, I couldn't say anything bad of how I didn't like the Destiny PVP with "friends" of mine.

Yeah, I agree with that. I am of the viewpoint that if you're going to draw out the time to actually releasing the game, you at least try to give a release date so as to have an endpoint. I don't exactly plan on getting the game myself, but I do get irritated when they reveal a lot of stuff yet neglect to give a release date for a general, if not definite endpoint. When production finalizes, you need to release it ASAP, since there's little else you can do with it.
#19Robin_MaskPosted 7/29/2014 9:25:24 AM
eric_otness posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
eric_otness posted...

Yeah, I agree with that. I am of the viewpoint that if you're going to draw out the time to actually releasing the game, you at least try to give a release date so as to have an endpoint. I don't exactly plan on getting the game myself, but I do get irritated when they reveal a lot of stuff yet neglect to give a release date for a general, if not definite endpoint. When production finalizes, you need to release it ASAP, since there's little else you can do with it.

That's why I'm keeping my hype low over games, since trailers HAVE ruined everything.

Same reason I just want Diablo III since it's a fun game for me and I love the lore.

I'm just WAY "eh" right now due to the "friends", so some responses may seem rude.
---
Solo and co-op player only.
#20SpifffsterPosted 7/29/2014 10:38:15 AM
RickMoranis posted...
Show us Grey Fox.

"My turn to protect you, Boss"

Rick Moraniiiiiiiiiiis! *Shakes fist*. All jokin aside, it would be pretty cool if there is a slight homage to that part.