Metal Gear Solid V News Thread v4

#61eric_otnessPosted 7/30/2014 5:55:39 PMmessage detail
big_boss1988 posted...
what do you mean by PO?

Basically, tick off or anger. I'd give the actual meaning, but I fear it's a banned word, so I think the synonym should suffice.
#62big_boss1988Posted 7/30/2014 6:12:09 PMmessage detail
Well, then For Them. Who cares?!
---
December 16th 2014, I'm already a demon.
#63eric_otnessPosted 7/30/2014 6:30:24 PMmessage detail(edited)
big_boss1988 posted...
So, apparently The boss's voice and Strangelove is in the game. confirmed by strangelove VA herself. now the boss's actress had also done Chico. But Chico apparently is a young man now (not a woman. please, don't go there). So, I would assume that there will be some boss's tapes hunting in the game.

https://twitter.com/Kikuchi__Yumi/status/494481923201175553

Actually, it also could just as easily be flashbacks. After all, The Boss is dead, for twenty years by now, and even Strangelove admitted she won't be uploading minds to AIs ever again. Who said it would have to be tapes, especially when it is unlikely that she'd even tape conversations between herself and The Boss given it being the 1960s. Even Peace Walker had to make clear that the Walkman MSF and Cecile had was a Japanese Prototype.

Also, can you translate exactly what she is saying? Bing translator is not doing any good, and for some reason the post is lacking an online translator to click.
#64robertadeathPosted 7/30/2014 10:27:46 PMmessage detail
Kojima loves to reuse the same actors for different roles, though. In the Japanese version:
Liquid is Zero
Meryl is Olga
Sigint is Drebin
Granin is Campbell
etc. etc.
There are many other occurrences, as well.

I don't think it means too much if an actor is coming back.
#65eric_otnessPosted 7/31/2014 3:29:40 AMmessage detail
robertadeath posted...
Kojima loves to reuse the same actors for different roles, though. In the Japanese version:
Liquid is Zero
Meryl is Olga
Sigint is Drebin
Granin is Campbell
etc. etc.

Maybe not, but then again, this combined with Lori Alan's Tweet implying that The Boss might reappear in The Phantom Pain, as well as the KP Alert alluding to Strangelove appearing in The Phantom Pain does point at them returning.
#66big_boss1988Posted 7/31/2014 10:54:26 AMmessage detail
MGSV event at gamescom:-

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain/news/konami_to_host_special_pre-gamescom_metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain_event.html

now that Geoff and Spike are involved, then I guarantee they will show MGO as I said before. Also, we will have the 2014 release date/window there. :p
---
#67Robin_MaskPosted 7/31/2014 10:57:01 AMmessage detail
robertadeath posted...
Liquid is Zero
Meryl is Olga
Sigint is Drebin
Granin is Campbell
etc. etc.

You forgot the biggest one.

Snake is Solidus
---
Solo and co-op player only.
#68kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 11:24:22 AMmessage detail
Sounds like Konami are doing everything they can to sell MGSV to people.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#69big_boss1988Posted 7/31/2014 12:19:10 PMmessage detail
It's because Japanese developers are drowning. Once upon a time, Capcom,Ninetendo ,konami, Namco and other Japanese developers used to rule the game industry. Now, look at them.

Seriously, Konami is depending on MGSV to maintain their revenue on this fiscal year. Konami will face their biggest drawback if they don't promote MGSV properly and don't release it in the right time to maximize the money they can get from it (ex. Holiday 2014).
---
#70GFqsGangsterPosted 7/31/2014 12:25:23 PMmessage detail
big_boss1988 posted...
It's because Japanese developers are drowning. Once upon a time, Capcom,Ninetendo ,konami, Namco and other Japanese developers used to rule the game industry. Now, look at them.

Seriously, Konami is depending on MGSV to maintain their revenue on this fiscal year. Konami will face their biggest drawback if they don't promote MGSV properly and don't release it in the right time to maximize the money they can get from it (ex. Holiday 2014).

Glad I had the privilage to be raised in that once upon a time. Growing up with gaming in these days would suck with the way things are now.
---
"everyone's making awful games," - Keiji Inafune (2010 Tokyo Game Show)