a lot of fans complain about MGS4's ending... *spoilers*
Add user to Ignore List after reporting
2 years ago#21
And judging recent interviews like ''Raiden shouldnt have existed'' , ''i enjoy naked more than solid'' and the post mgs2 backlash i think kojima just hate anything related to the Solid/Raiden era.
This franchise haved so much potential, now we are stuck with pointless prequels, the sense of mystery in the series now is gone thanks to MGS4 closure, the series is now pretty much Lemony Snicket's A series of Unfortunate Events starring Big Boss.
2 years ago#22
I liked MGS4 , but replaying the entire series this month, i realized that kojima after mgs3 just doesnt cared anymore about the solid snake arc, the game just screamed ''i want to kill this guy and close the timeline so i can come back with naked''
This is absolutely the greatest cross-fiction idea in history.
2 years ago#23
I loved it.
And then Rising comes along and ****s on that.
"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you."
- Kiefer Sutherland nailing it as Big Boss
2 years ago#24
Robin_Mask posted...I loved it.
You gotta have a sequel somehow, even if it's "OMG HE STOLE MY DOLLAR REVENGEANCE TIME" for one.
Solo and co-op player only.
2 years ago#25
I love the concept of a Snake/Big Boss ending, and I love how it ended on a bittersweet note. But it was handled very poorly IMO. I would have changed a number of things:
- Meryl dying on the Volta. It would have been more emotional to those who have played MGS1 a million times, because even though she's only been in two games, players still have fond memories of that connection that was once shared. Her surviving was a sort of unfulfilling relief, if that makes any sense.
- Otacon finding a way to defeat Vamp, and finally killing him. Similar to the Meryl situation, it would go against what we knew to be Otacon, one who doesn't want to hurt anybody. If the world has gone to hell through war, then Otacon is one of the few innocent souls that managed to make it through. Seeing him kill Vamp out of pure revenge and hate would be satisfying and slightly shocking. I don't mean the crappy "hand him the syringe" thing; I mean a straight up execution of Vamp.
- Snake doesn't kill himself, but only because Big Boss fires a shot that prevents the suicide. It would give us that bittersweet ending that I love so much, but it wouldn't be on Snake chickening out.
- Don't just show us Snake deteriorating into a nicotine-obsessed, melancholic preacher. Show us that the world has deteriorated. Show us that Otacon has deteriorated. Show us that the relationships and friends that Snake has had over the years has deteriorated. Show us the loss, make us feel it, and prove to us that this world, the world of MGS4, is not the same world where we were being heroes at Shadow Moses.
And plenty more, I'm sure. All in all, I loved the overall concept (Snake aging and fighting a new age battle in an old school way), but it just wasn't handled well. Each chapter felt disjointed, both in story presentation and gameplay.
2 years ago#26
I just wish Big Boss never explained Ocelot faking his identity as Liquid.
Seriously, that was cool in MGS2.
My head doesn't bob like that when I walk. I have this thing called a neck. It stabilizes my head as I walk and run. -SinisterSlay
2 years ago#27
Also the whole PMC thing was just background, even the new Call of Duty is doing a much better job potrating the PMC theme, but then again, the worldbuilding was always mediocre in the series compared to series like Resident Evil , the only sense of a fictional world was the act3 of MGS4, the series in general is too tied to real life events.
Rising with all its faults made a much better job creating a detailed background with almost a Ghost in the shell like world.
2 years ago#28
Robin_Mask posted...I loved it.
To be fair, that was going to be inevitable thanks to Drebin's little speech/rant in the ending, including the bit about the UN becoming the Patriots successors, the world being so broke that even if they got PMC regulations up and running they still can't pay the tab, it likely being a bad enough war zone that Drebin was going to be confident of making a profit as a free weapons dealer thanks to the Patriots, and lots of soldiers being braindamaged, having a long time to recover from SOP if at all.
2 years ago#29
I would've loved that - I hated that Snake didn't kill himself, but having Boss be the one to stop him would have made the whole scene feel better to me.
It also would have been kind of sweet that Big Boss fired a gun one last time, but it was to save his "son" and not to further his own motives.
2 years ago#30
AngryGFAQer posted...Robin_Mask posted...
You spend way too much time going on about "the UN are the new Patriots" throwaway line from Drebin.
|More topics from this board...|
|Did I spoiled myself for one of the biggest suprise in this game? *SPOILERS*||skeith_1119||5||7/3 12:28PM|
|FOB online||wisnu532155||1||7/23 2:02AM|
|To anyone looking for a high level unities save||Ever7||3||7/12 9:34PM|
|Request: MGSV PP save game with high level units (level 130 or above)||Ever7||5||7/12 8:45PM|
|Resources questions||Crok425||2||7/10 10:56AM|