MGR 2 Wish List

#1solidus0Posted 8/1/2014 9:52:10 AM
I was an adversary to MGR since it was converted from MGS:R to MGR:R and I saw Raiden throwing Ray in the air and other corny action scenes.

But after playing on the PC, I was pleasently surprised. I actually enjoyed the gameplay.

I hope they are planning for a sequel, however, there is lots of ground for improvement.

Here are my wishes:

-Better non-combat controls. The combat really felt fluid. However, aside from the combat, regular movements and actions really felt outdated. Walking, running around, jumping/climbing really felt like it belonged to 2003.

-Better stealth. They had stealth elements, but it was mostly gimmicks and didn't feel integrated at all. Again, action elements were spot on, but involving more stealth elements would be amazing since this is a Ninja game, which is just more about sneaking and staying the shadows, sneaky assassinations, even the trailing methods Raiden mentioned in MGS4.

-Better graphics, environment interactivity. Raiden's character model was pretty badass. But the rest did not look as good. Additionally, environment interaction was kinda plain. Cutting environments could be better integrated. And no to building blinking out and vanishing.

-Better story, More serious and realistic undertones. Less goofiness/corniness.The story was alright. Nothing to write home about. Having better characters and storylines i.e. MGS1-4 would definitely benefit game's overall quality.

-Longer game time. More variety in gameplay, environment. Regardless of if you liked all regions, MGS4 was greatly varied in each act. Act 1 was more moving through a war zone. Act 2 was more traditional, MGS3 style stealth action. Act 3 was complete urban stealth. Act 4 was interior sneaking i.e. MGS1 & 2. Compared to MGR, where all acts felt similar besides the boss fights. No real differences besides just the setting.
#2kill_distroyPosted 8/1/2014 10:05:42 AM
Less story, more cutting.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#3bvillebroPosted 8/1/2014 10:09:21 AM
Not much else besides balancing issues

I personally preferred the Jetstream Sam DLC combat to Raidens (S ranked REV mode cept for VR mission 4) but overall I think MGR needs very few changes

And why not post this on the MGR board too? You could get some great suggestions from there
---
Learning something new every day
#4Th3BlackW0lfPosted 8/1/2014 11:31:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5LucasPSI3Posted 8/1/2014 11:33:08 AM
Just give a story that could span over multiple games like the MGS series did, then i'll be happy.
#6WalkerWondersPosted 8/1/2014 11:39:41 AM
I felt the visuals were fine. I would have liked a little more environmental cutting, such as bringing down more bridges by slicing support pillars, thought that was neat but it needed more things like that. Honestly I'm not expecting much in the stealth department, Platinum games isn't really about subtlety and subdued gameplay. I'd rather them just remove it entirely and put more focus on adding to combat and the environment. I would have liked more enemy types and minibosses, but the regular boss fights more then made up for it.

bvillebro posted...
I personally preferred the Jetstream Sam DLC combat to Raidens (S ranked REV mode cept for VR mission 4) but overall I think MGR needs very few changes

I'm hoping they bring back Sam(i'd be shocked if they didn't, he has the most survivable death in the game), as a playable character if there is a sequel, since I also enjoyed his gameplay a lot as well. MGR felt really good, and their isn't too much to fix. Like you said, just some balancing stuff, toss in some new weapons and moves in the sequel and it'll be great.
---
3ds friend code: 2680 9181 0520 Trainer Name: Shayne
Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Network ID: WalkerWonders
#7Robin_MaskPosted 8/1/2014 11:41:45 AM
WalkerWonders posted...
I felt the visuals were fine. I would have liked a little more environmental cutting, such as bringing down more bridges by slicing support pillars, thought that was neat but it needed more things like that. Honestly I'm not expecting much in the stealth department, Platinum games isn't really about subtlety and subdued gameplay. I'd rather them just remove it entirely and put more focus on adding to combat and the environment. I would have liked more enemy types and minibosses, but the regular boss fights more then made up for it.

bvillebro posted...

I'm hoping they bring back Sam(i'd be shocked if they didn't, he has the most survivable death in the game), as a playable character if there is a sequel, since I also enjoyed his gameplay a lot as well. MGR felt really good, and their isn't too much to fix. Like you said, just some balancing stuff, toss in some new weapons and moves in the sequel and it'll be great.

Sam was mostly human, besides the arm.
---
Solo and co-op player only.
#8RevoIver_OcelotPosted 8/1/2014 12:36:24 PM
For it not to exist
---
HOUSTON TEXANS: RYAN FITZMAGIC ERA- 2014-2015
I'd rather bang screw
#9Kidxpress360Posted 8/1/2014 1:03:25 PM
^this
---
Lok
#10eric_otnessPosted 8/1/2014 2:02:23 PM
I hope they make good use of the original storyline from Metal Gear Solid: Rising, since apparently the storyline itself plus the boss concepts had been finalized. But if not that, I'll settle for what the post-credits scene hinted at for the sequel.