Support Hayter as Snake - 22,935 signatures already

#31x0nighthawk0xPosted 8/3/2014 3:09:02 AM
darthcid posted...
x0nighthawk0x posted...
darthcid posted...
I do it at least once a week, last week it was clips from Cops and World's Wildest Police Chases, the other day it was hilariously fake spotted ghost/creature videos that people in the comments really believed. The creepiest was a few months back, Pewdiepie videos.

Did you bleach your eyes and cleaned out your ears?

No, I subscribed...

Eww, that made me shudder just joking about it.

....I just lost my lunch, thanks, thanks a lot! >=\
#32DeepThroat0Posted 8/3/2014 3:47:24 AM
People who miss Hayter are unfortunately not welcome on this board. No matter what case they may make or how calmly and rationally they may discuss he issue, Gamefaqs users will blindly support Sutherland's mediocre performance and Kojima's flippant decision, and proceed to flame the crap out of the original comment.

Abridged; see above^
---
Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts.
#33kill_distroyPosted 8/3/2014 3:58:48 AM
DeepThroat0 posted...
People who miss Hayter are unfortunately not welcome on this board. No matter what case they may make or how calmly and rationally they may discuss he issue, Gamefaqs users will blindly support Sutherland's mediocre performance and Kojima's flippant decision, and proceed to flame the crap out of the original comment.

Abridged; see above^

Definition of calmly / rationally according to this guy: Linking to a petition that will change nothing, stating that 20 thousand is the majority of millions, and making biased claims about how nobody wanted to change Hayter.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#34x0nighthawk0xPosted 8/3/2014 4:01:00 AM
DeepThroat0 posted...

Abridged; see above^

Excuse me? TC posted a petition that has been closed over a year and stated it as still on going and that the majority still want Hayter back for MGSV. Not only is 22k not a majority, the fact he posted a closed petition is redundant.

Not to mention that most people on these boards that are so pro-Hayter are little fanboys that seem to worship the very ground Hayter walks upon, blindly believing him to be some kind of Godly voice actor that can do no wrong when the opposite has clearly been shown already.

Do I miss Hayter as Snake? Sure, to me he will always be the Solid Snake, but I am not so blind to not see that he can't do his Snake voice anymore nor do I believe he should have voiced Big Boss in the first place. PeaceWalker and the Digital Novels are prime examples of how his voice acting has deteriorated.

There's a big ass difference between missing Hayter and being a raging fanboy.
#35AngryGFAQerPosted 8/3/2014 7:45:25 AM
DeepThroat0 posted...

Abridged; see above^

Does your username also stand as a definition to your - ahem - 'skills' in pleasing Hayter's - ahem - 'ego'?
---
"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you."
- Kiefer Sutherland nailing it as Big Boss
#36Old_SolidusPosted 8/3/2014 7:57:02 AM
This petition is ridiculous. Solid Snake is still David Hayter and vice versa. If Kiefer Sutherland voices both Solid Snake and Big Boss, I will sign a relative petition.

Same if we hire another hollywood actor quite far off Hayter's voice. You can't just replace Hayter as Solid Snake. Big Boss, I'll swallow it in the hopes Kiefer delivers.
---
PSN Name: SSolidus (in the fridge right now)
In Outer Heaven... Men Become Demons
#37riddlebox89Posted 8/3/2014 12:46:51 PM
Old_Solidus posted...
Solid Snake is still David Hayter and vice versa. If Kiefer Sutherland voices both Solid Snake and Big Boss, I will sign a relative petition.

Same if we hire another hollywood actor quite far off Hayter's voice. You can't just replace Hayter as Solid Snake. Big Boss, I'll swallow it in the hopes Kiefer delivers.

If they make the decision to recast Solid Snake, signing a petition isn't going to change their minds, same way it didn't change their minds when several petitions were made to bring Hayter back as Big Boss.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#38Skurv7Posted 8/3/2014 1:41:36 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Old_Solidus posted...
Solid Snake is still David Hayter and vice versa. If Kiefer Sutherland voices both Solid Snake and Big Boss, I will sign a relative petition.

If they make the decision to recast Solid Snake, signing a petition isn't going to change their minds, same way it didn't change their minds when several petitions were made to bring Hayter back as Big Boss.

I just wish they had went with someone different from the beginning. Big Boss shouldn't have had the same voice. I would like to chalk up Hayter's voice performance in Peace Walker to being a portable game so he didn't really try, but it hurts my ears just to hear him talk. He sounds like he has chain smoked for 80 years.
---
Not changing this sig until the Oakland Raiders have a playoff appearance.
Dec. 8th 2013
#39kill_distroyPosted 8/3/2014 1:48:52 PM
Well, better late then never I suppose.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8
#40Old_SolidusPosted 8/4/2014 2:40:32 AM
I wasn't focusing on the petition per se, riddle, petitions such as those obviously won't matter at all. If they were gameplay related (bring back the Directional Mike, our favorite boss item) and didn't involve a ton of money and arrangements, they would work. In any case, unless the game skips years and shows an adult Solid Snake, I don't see Hayter anywhere around. Big Boss is sealed.
---
PSN Name: SSolidus (in the fridge right now)
In Outer Heaven... Men Become Demons