Since the POW/Soldiers you extract in GZ carry to TPP, will vehicles too?

#1LittleBigFan98Posted 8/3/2014 3:45:56 PM
I suppose that whenever you finish a mission in GZ by leaving the base through land with a vehicle, it count's as I captured the vehicle right? I mean what does Big Boss do with the vehicles then? He calls Morpho once he is far away of the base??

Just a thought I had; I already extracted around 100 guys out of Camp Omega so it would be cool if all the LAVs I used to escape appeared in TPP's Mother Base as well.
---
Thanks to "dreadblazer" for showing us that there's still good people left in the world.
Official ''Spamstroke'' of Injustice: Gods Among Us.
#2kanto_wandererPosted 8/3/2014 4:06:44 PM
I don't think vehicles will carry over. Just the detainees.
#3LittleBigFan98(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 4:25:28 PM
kanto_wanderer posted...
I don't think vehicles will carry over. Just the detainees.

That is kind of sad.
---
Thanks to "dreadblazer" for showing us that there's still good people left in the world.
Official ''Spamstroke'' of Injustice: Gods Among Us.
#4eric_otnessPosted 8/4/2014 2:05:13 AM
It probably won't include vehicles. A shame really, but somewhat expected. After all, how can Big Boss and MSF evacuate tech like that? At least with the detainees he rescues, he can just put them on the chopper. He can't exactly pull the same thing off with the vehicles since he can't lift them, nor can he exactly fit them inside even if he did.
#5Old_SolidusPosted 8/4/2014 2:30:17 AM
Well I doubt even the soldiers and the POWs carry to TPP themselves. Maybe, depending on the total number of soldiers we've extracted in GZ, and Maybe if we've extracted Glaz and Palitz, we'll get an equal number of soldiers with random stats generated. I doubt most unnamed soldiers will be very good, judging by the former base management games. Glaz and Palitz, I dunno, maybe they'll be a good intel and sniper unit respectively.

There is no visible counter for vehicles though, (Like prisoners extracted) so I doubt they will count, unless both vehicles and soldiers extracted are counted in game invisibly.
---
PSN Name: SSolidus (in the fridge right now)
In Outer Heaven... Men Become Demons
#6XepthrichrosPosted 8/5/2014 6:43:19 AM(edited)
eric_otness posted...
It probably won't include vehicles. A shame really, but somewhat expected. After all, how can Big Boss and MSF evacuate tech like that? At least with the detainees he rescues, he can just put them on the chopper. He can't exactly pull the same thing off with the vehicles since he can't lift them, nor can he exactly fit them inside even if he did.

How can Big Boss and MSF evacuate vehicles.
I don't know....
Maybe... FULTON RECOVERY?
And... they have been doing it all along in MGS:PW

But the vehicles probably won't carry over, as others have said.
---
One Way is true, only love is permitted.
Now playing MGS:PW, AC 2. AC B. AC R and AC 3. For multiplayer / platinum-ing, PSN: Xepthrichros
#7eric_otnessPosted 8/5/2014 10:24:51 AM
Xepthrichros posted...
eric_otness posted...

I don't know....

I meant in Ground Zeroes, especially when Fulton Recovery was not an option in that game (heck, Kojima explicitly stated he left it out specifically because he thought doing a fly-by over a heavily militarized base wouldn't have worked in-game).
#8Robin_MaskPosted 8/5/2014 10:26:45 AM
eric_otness posted...
Xepthrichros posted...
eric_otness posted...

I don't know....

I meant in Ground Zeroes, especially when Fulton Recovery was not an option in that game (heck, Kojima explicitly stated he left it out specifically because he thought doing a fly-by over a heavily militarized base wouldn't have worked in-game).

Arguing about realism in a game. Besides, it's useless in GZ since there is no use for Fulton.

Isn't there a gadget in PW that allows you to get boss vehicles?
---
Can't wait for Diablo III Ultimate Evil!
#9eric_otnessPosted 8/5/2014 10:33:16 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
eric_otness posted...
Xepthrichros posted...
eric_otness posted...

I don't know....

Arguing about realism in a game. Besides, it's useless in GZ since there is no use for Fulton.

Considering the topic is whether people could get vehicles transferred from Ground Zeroes to The Phantom Pain, that's exactly my point regarding the fulton not being in GZ and it relating to vehicles. Literally the only way you get soldiers and prisoners out is by loading them onto a chopper. That's the point. And don't blame me for arguing realism in a game, blame Kojima, since he's the one who stated that as being the reason.

Yes, the EM Net was in Peace Walker, but it wasn't in Ground Zeroes, and it probably won't be in The Phantom Pain thanks to the Fulton being used for vehicles in the latter game.
#10Robin_MaskPosted 8/5/2014 10:38:24 AM
eric_otness posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
eric_otness posted...
Xepthrichros posted...
eric_otness posted...

I don't know....

Considering the topic is whether people could get vehicles transferred from Ground Zeroes to The Phantom Pain, that's exactly my point regarding the fulton not being in GZ and it relating to vehicles. Literally the only way you get soldiers and prisoners out is by loading them onto a chopper. That's the point. And don't blame me for arguing realism in a game, blame Kojima, since he's the one who stated that as being the reason.

Yes, the EM Net was in Peace Walker, but it wasn't in Ground Zeroes, and it probably won't be in The Phantom Pain thanks to the Fulton being used for vehicles in the latter game.

It was just a lame excuse for a weapon to give you the win but no S rank from what I heard.

Ugh, I just hope we don't get vehicle BOSS FIGHTS anymore.
---
Can't wait for Diablo III Ultimate Evil!