New games / MGS Remakes from a different character perspective

#1XepthrichrosPosted 8/5/2014 2:29:01 PM
Supposing after Phantom Pain, MGS goes into remake mode...
Starting with MG and MG 2.
And who knows where Kojima will go after?

But which games would you like to see remade, and also, if you had a choice, would you like to play from another character's perspective?

I know some will probably say... MSG2 - Plant, from Snake's view.

I would like to play as Ocelot and even Zero, or Zero can just be cutscenes.
Call it Metal Gear Zero: Sons of the Patriot. And it'll delve into what Ocelot and Zero did behind our backs. Spanning the story from MGS3 to MGS4.
Ocelot's gameplay will be a blend of tactical revolver action (combat), unit management (his Ocelot unit, and then later PMCs) and some choosing-dialogue-to-affect-gameplay-outcome RPG elements
I can't see how we can play as Zero... maybe he's just in unlockable cutscenes for the Ocelot game.
---
One Way is true, only love is permitted.
Now playing MGS:PW, AC 2. AC B. AC R and AC 3. For multiplayer / platinum-ing, PSN: Xepthrichros
#2Th3BlackW0lfPosted 8/5/2014 8:01:23 PM
Start from point zero, enough of the Patriots storyline, there is nothing more to tell without falling in the filler territory, do a semi reboot inside the same universe, a proper sequel to mgs4, a full reboot never works (see DmC) i dont know, sooner or later Konami is gonna move on from the patriots arc, MGS is not ending anytime soon, Castlevania is dead and PES is losing every year against FIFA, mgs is all they got.

I got a feeling that Kojima is not going to be around in this series anymore in a few years, and the new team wouldnt have to worry about this clusterfuc of timeline if they start fresh.
#3Seifross2010Posted 8/5/2014 9:25:30 PM
I don't really see the point in MGS2 from Snake's point of view, since we know what happened to him during the game anyway.

I dunno, I'd like a MG1 and 2 remake, but I'm really digging the base building and RPG aspects of PW and MGS5 so I'd be a bit disappointed if they were abandoned (I'd love to see it in MGR2).

Other than the name being awesome (Metal Gear Solid: Zero) I can't really see any value in the game. We know the entire Patriots story from beginning to end, everything else certainly is filler. I'd argue that MGS5 is pretty much filler as well, but at least there are some things up in the air to explore.
#4Th3BlackW0lfPosted 8/5/2014 10:00:01 PM
MGSV IS filler, we were teased about ''the missing link'' since 2006 and the portable games always end with some Outer Heaven c0cktease ala marvel movies, hell, Kojima is even afraid to use the Big Boss name in a full proper manner.
#5Xepthrichros(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 3:21:05 AM
MGS V is not really filler. It's the Revenge of the Sith of the MGS story.

Solid Snake is Luke Skywalker.
---
Now playing MGS:PW, AC 2. AC B. AC R and AC 3. For multiplayer / platinum-ing, PSN: Xepthrichros
#6Ertrick36Posted 8/6/2014 9:48:47 AM
Th3BlackW0lf posted...
Start from point zero, enough of the Patriots storyline, there is nothing more to tell without falling in the filler territory, do a semi reboot inside the same universe, a proper sequel to mgs4, a full reboot never works (see DmC) i dont know, sooner or later Konami is gonna move on from the patriots arc, MGS is not ending anytime soon, Castlevania is dead and PES is losing every year against FIFA, mgs is all they got.

I got a feeling that Kojima is not going to be around in this series anymore in a few years, and the new team wouldnt have to worry about this clusterfuc of timeline if they start fresh.

Agree. We already know so much, and I get the feeling that MGS V will be the game to seal the deal (though there will always be some people asking about some inconsequential stuff anyway). At this point, we should just go forward, like with Rising or a fresh new series.

Anything else should just be a solid remake, like a remake of the first two Metal Gears or earlier MGS games with the new Fox Engine.
---
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>
#7LunarRoarPosted 8/6/2014 10:19:22 AM
Ertrick36 posted...
Anything else should just be a solid remake, like a remake of the first two Metal Gears or earlier MGS games with the new Fox Engine.

Word for word. The series is pretty much done at this point. Stuff like Rising would be the way to go from here on out.
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
#8Xepthrichros(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2014 9:29:44 PM
I didn't ask what should the sequels do from here, I asked if they remade stuff, what would you like to see?
---
#9qwertyMrJINXPosted 8/7/2014 10:59:53 PM
I'd like to play MGS4 from Campbell's perspective.

STAGE 1: Bang Rose

STAGE 2: Give mildly inspirational speech to Old Snake

STAGE 3: Bang Rose

STAGE 4: Feel sad about upsetting Meryl. Then bang Rose.
---
"Wise men choose death before war, Wiser men choose not to be born," - Angel
#10Seifross2010Posted 8/8/2014 12:10:31 AM
qwertyMrJINX posted...
I'd like to play MGS4 from Campbell's perspective.

STAGE 1: Bang Rose

STAGE 2: Give mildly inspirational speech to Old Snake

STAGE 3: Bang Rose

STAGE 4: Feel sad about upsetting Meryl. Then bang Rose.

I think you should play regular MGS4 first, then go through that list again.