Outerworld service rewards?

#1BAEx10Posted 2/13/2014 2:07:32 PM
I recently found a tonberry adornment in the rewards shop under "outerwrold services". Is this from sending snapshots, messages, sending items, and cheering people on?
#2firemoon5Posted 2/14/2014 11:12:22 AM
Since you opted into the "social experience" you will see avatars walking around your game that have a blue icon over them. These are " other gamers" and if you interact with them you can purchase items from them, look at snapshots, give them a cheer, etc. Its kind of random and feels like a waste of time to me, but others might like it. As far as i can tell if you purchase an item from someone they appear to be the same cost as they are form shops so its not a rip off, and could be more convenient then actually going and looking for a shop for the item you need,
#3JukainPosted 2/14/2014 12:40:02 PM
I originally thought it was for having one of your shares cheered by someone else, but I read somewhere else that it's a reward for talking to an official Outerworld NPC set up by Square. You can tell because the name starts with @FF13 in red text instead of the normal blue text. The one I found was in Yusnaan.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#4BAEx10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 1:30:58 PM
Jukain posted...
I originally thought it was for having one of your shares cheered by someone else, but I read somewhere else that it's a reward for talking to an official Outerworld NPC set up by Square. You can tell because the name starts with @FF13 in red text instead of the normal blue text. The one I found was in Yusnaan.

Oh yeah I've seen a few of the SE officials. I was thinking the "outer world rewards" were for making snapshots and cheering people. I hope it is kind of like that. For example if you get a total of 50 cheers you get a certain reward or if you make 20 snapshots you get some other reward.