Right off the top, I like that there's going to be more! :) I also like the sound of real time combat and an active environment. Maybe working on Lara Croft inspired these changes?
Though, I have to admit it's depressing in it's art design. This odd blend of Gothic and Steam Punk isn't my taste at all. XIII got it right from the start and more with it's art design. XIII was a visual feast. The blend of futuristic and nature was a wonderful Fantasy realm.
I'll buy it with hopes of being surprised. Though I really wanted more of the original cast. More story and play time as the core team of characters. To revisit and continue that story line with the Fal'cie. I also loved XIII's cinematic experience. Which I can't see happening on a fully open world. Thus my reaction is highly mixed right now.
Well, from the description, this game has everything I ever wanted from a video game. (Or at least almost everything.)
1. Lightning is one of my favorite characters.
2. I LOVED Majora's mask, and LOVE the idea of the game running on an in game clock with 13 days and 13 nights.
3. I LOVE open world adventure games.
4. I'll take real time action/combat over turn based any day.
5. I love the fact that you can run, jump, hang off of buildings, climb, take cover behind objects, etc
6. I like the idea of having different themed areas
7. I love games with a LOT of customization
8. I love it when games use a clothing system which allows you to change how the character looks.
9. Just from the description, this game seems like one of them games you'll want to replay over and over again, and it will most likely have MANY different time related side quests. If this game really is going to be like Majora's Mask, then it'll be one of them games you can just play through over and over again without getting bored.
I fully agree. When I was 6-7 years old, I spent hundreds of hours in Majora's Mask just interacting with the world, completing sidequests, seeing all that I can, etc. etc. before even beating Snowhead Temple. LOVE that game. One of the best games of all time.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin