With Lightning confirmed as the only playable character...

#1Emerald_WyvernPosted 9/1/2012 9:15:02 AM
A lot of people have been wondering if there's gonna be AI partners. I think it'd be quite foolish to not include them. Keep Lightning the only playable character, but the have the rest of the cast come back too.

http://gyazo.com/2cebb577bbb70565435079f3eea66e5f

As we see from this picture, Novus Partus looks to be the remains of the Pulse in the far future. I say it's not unreasonable to see our wayward companions return. Lightning survives the Chaos in XIII-2's ending by going into crystal stasis, Vanille and Fang are still in crystal so they can easily survive and wait out the time until LRFFXIII. Plus Rachel Robinson's tweet gives some idea that at least Fang has some role. Snow is in the Colosseum outside of time and could easily ride back to the world if freed. Noel, Hope, and Sazh have access to Hope's time stasis stuff since Bhunivelze survived.

tl;dr: All older characters can easily return in LR.
---
"A breach? Here? Bailiff! Get my steed! We need to retreat at once!"
Judge, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
#2LenneValkiryePosted 9/1/2012 9:16:20 AM
AI partners Mass Effect style could definitely be a possibility.
#3RostikMusicPosted 9/1/2012 9:19:04 AM
The game would feel so solemn and sad with just lightning walking around doomed.
#4YomigaeruPosted 9/1/2012 9:29:56 AM
^And that could work to the game's advantage, making you feel isolated while on borrowed time.

After being overshadowed by Vanille and Fang in XIII, and her sister being the star in XIII-2, it looks like Lightning will finally be the "main" protagonist.

I was hoping for the battle to shift to full real-time combat. As it is, it sounds like XII, where enemies magically caught up with you when their gauge filled even if you on the opposite side of the field and far out of attack range.
---
"It means that Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a $%#^ in space."
#5LenneValkiryePosted 9/1/2012 9:31:10 AM
Uh Vanille and Fang "overshadowed" Lightning only during chapter 11.
#6KyleQuestPosted 9/1/2012 9:39:53 AM
I'm stunned by the choice to have Lightning as a solo character. How many of us expressed our desire for more content, story, and the return of the team.
#7LowFatSardinePosted 9/1/2012 9:41:10 AM
I really miss Vanille and Fang, but Lightning's my favorite out of them all... So I'm hoping for the best.
But I shouldn't hope too much...
#8LenneValkiryePosted 9/1/2012 9:41:45 AM
I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been asking for a Lightning solo game as well.
In the end the number of party members don't really matter - a large playable cast is a JRPG stereotype that doesn't affect the quality of the game at all.
#9GazelMinistryPosted 9/1/2012 9:51:07 AM
KyleQuest posted...
I'm stunned by the choice to have Lightning as a solo character. How many of us expressed our desire for more content, story, and the return of the team.

I agree.
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#10Some_StaticPosted 9/1/2012 9:52:32 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been asking for a Lightning solo game as well.

I don't think I EVER saw somebody seriously suggest that as the next step on these forums or any others-- leading me to believe that it was in fact not a very common sentiment.
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.