Video of the NA Reveal

#11madapocketPosted 9/1/2012 11:43:53 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Ftpkorn posted...
If only they knew she'd be the ONLY character when he said she's the MC.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

You're making it sound like having her as the only playable character is a big deal.
Games like Skyrim, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda and Mass Effect do more than fine with just one character.

"But... but! This is FF-" Yes I know it's FF, so what? There is no written rule that says that a FF can't have just one character and be successful.
There are already enough stereotypes among JRPGs, let's not keep enforcing another one thank you very much.

But we already have several characters that most people liked...
---
http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/623/4939499694.png
OMG, kupo thinks Hope is better than Sazh!
#12gb094Posted 9/1/2012 11:48:00 AM
I liked how they said "In Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Lightning will return" like 3 times :)
---
Official ME of this universe... Why would I be someone else? That's just stupid.
#13DarkEternal6Posted 9/1/2012 12:01:41 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

You're making it sound like having her as the only playable character is a big deal.
Games like Skyrim, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda and Mass Effect do more than fine with just one character.

"But... but! This is FF-" Yes I know it's FF, so what? There is no written rule that says that a FF can't have just one character and be successful.
There are already enough stereotypes among JRPGs, let's not keep enforcing another one thank you very much.

It's the ending of the game made into Skyrim. An important part. And they can keep stereotyping because wrpgs do the same damn thing.

The ending is like the most important part for character interaction and I don't see how an arpg SE style will make this work, we all know how their arpg spinoff stories end. Rather sub-par. Atleast versus looks ok...

You don't split the fans right at the ending. You just don't.
---
I is teh korn.
#14mahroflcopterPosted 9/1/2012 12:04:15 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

I personally don't care about only having one character. However, I take issue with the statement "All new character, all new world..." since that seems to imply that the rest of the original cast and the cast from XIII-2 are being left out and all the elements that XIII and XIII-2 tried so hard to convey/build/explore (which in my opinion, failed more often than not... but whatever) are just being thrown out the window.
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
#15DarkEternal6Posted 9/1/2012 12:06:28 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

I personally don't care about only having one character. However, I take issue with the statement "All new character, all new world..." since that seems to imply that the rest of the original cast and the cast from XIII-2 are being left out and all the elements that XIII and XIII-2 tried so hard to convey/build/explore (which in my opinion, failed more often than not... but whatever) are just being thrown out the window.

Very much so. It's like they added good things now they chuck them out right before the end, it's a kick in the nuts.
---
I is teh korn.
#16LenneValkiryePosted 9/1/2012 12:12:26 PM
They said that the characters will feel "strangely familiar".
I don't think I need to explain what that means right...?
#17RostikMusicPosted 9/1/2012 12:49:28 PM
LenneValkirye posted...

Please do.
#18MagiusNecrosPosted 9/1/2012 12:50:42 PM
LenneValkirye posted...

Future incarnations. Descendants. GILGAMESH. Stuff.
---
Like Roleplaying? Join http://s1.zetaboards.com/Espada_of_Alexandria/index/
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board