What's the big deal about Versus?

#1shygirl914Posted 9/1/2012 3:47:44 PM
This game looks great. It seems to have similar elements. Why don't people like that this is being developed?
---
Nice to meet you. :)
Friend Code: 2664-2125-3148
#2kupo1705Posted 9/1/2012 3:49:05 PM
Because it slows down the development or Versus significantly.
#3heartlesshero17Posted 9/1/2012 3:50:20 PM
They don't like it, because they've waited 6 years for it. Some were crazy enough to let Versus 13 be one of the main selling points to even buy this system. Seriously

They're upset that while both games were announced side by side, FFXIII now managed to have a trilogy while all they got over the years was a handful of names and less then 4 minutes of gameplay
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#4shygirl914(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2012 3:50:35 PM
kupo1705 posted...

But in exchange, we have more Lightning...
---
Nice to meet you. :)
Friend Code: 2664-2125-3148
#5kupo1705Posted 9/1/2012 3:51:40 PM
shygirl914 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

That's exactly why people don't like it.
#6Wakizashi_513Posted 9/1/2012 3:52:28 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
They don't like it, because they've waited 6 years for it. Some were crazy enough to let Versus 13 be one of the main selling points to even buy this system. Seriously

They're upset that while both games were announced side by side, FFXIII now managed to have a trilogy while all they got over the years was a handful of names and less then 4 minutes of gameplay

Agreed but I don't think its fair to blame the XIII team for the delay of Versus.
#7heartlesshero17Posted 9/1/2012 3:54:19 PM
shygirl914 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Also, should have probably mention this in my other post

But then there is also the fact that some might not even like Lightning that much, so a game with just her might not even be appealing to them. Then there are the ones who don't hate FFXIII, but got into it for other characters/story/world/battle system. So it might not even appeal to them now and they'd just rather have something different at this point

This doesn't really reflect my opinion fyi. Just saying
---
-PainsPerception
#8Ex_VPosted 9/1/2012 3:56:09 PM
Actually, Lightning is what makes a lot of people like look forward to the game even more as she has a fair ammount of fans~ Not to mention, this isn't going to slow down the actual development of Versus at all.

It may, however, give them more time to develop the game more fully and completely, as they won't want to release Versus right after LR. This would be a good thing. They also make test out some of the mechanics in Versus in LR and see how it goes. ^ w ~
#9heartlesshero17Posted 9/1/2012 3:56:58 PM
Wakizashi_513 posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...

Agreed but I don't think its fair to blame the XIII team for the delay of Versus.

Of course it isn't. Just like it isn't fair for people to personally say Toriyama is whats stopping other creators for making new games.

Regardless, I can understand why people aren't happy about this or interested in it
---
-PainsPerception
#10Noctus3Posted 9/1/2012 3:57:33 PM
I laughed so hard at "4 minutes of gameplay."

10/10 post.
---
Official Noctis of the Final Fantasy Versus Xlll Board
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.