LR has managed to completely cast aside versus(update)

#11heartlesshero17Posted 9/1/2012 10:57:55 PM
gwoodtamu posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
gwoodtamu posted...
Old news,

Versus is gonna be crap anyways, honestly, 6 years and we have what? 5 minutes of footage? People act like it is going to be the savior of FF, when it fact it will probably be the Matrix:Revolutions, of the FF series.

For it to be the Matrix: Rev of the FF series, it would have to be the 3rd entry. Theoretically, Matrix: Rev of the FF series would be Lightning Returns. The crappy sequel of a crappy sequel.

I was simply talking in terms of shear crap my good friend.

Then wouldn't the matrix: Rev of the series be Dirge of Cerberus?
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#12gwoodtamuPosted 9/1/2012 11:06:04 PM(edited)
heartlesshero17 posted...
gwoodtamu posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
gwoodtamu posted...
Old news,

Versus is gonna be crap anyways, honestly, 6 years and we have what? 5 minutes of footage? People act like it is going to be the savior of FF, when it fact it will probably be the Matrix:Revolutions, of the FF series.

For it to be the Matrix: Rev of the FF series, it would have to be the 3rd entry. Theoretically, Matrix: Rev of the FF series would be Lightning Returns. The crappy sequel of a crappy sequel.

I was simply talking in terms of shear crap my good friend.

Then wouldn't the matrix: Rev of the series be Dirge of Cerberus?

I tend to avoid piles of crap when I am walking, do you want to be forced to wash it off of your shoes? Or worse, not knowing you stepped in a pile of crap, and having the evil smell seep into your nostrils as you enter your house or car, and immediatly dredding the look down onto your shoe to see the brownish materials remnants?

In other words,

I haven't played Dirge of Cerebus.
#13Strife_TenpouinPosted 9/1/2012 11:34:56 PM
Dirge of Cerberus actually is a pretty decent game. Even surprising, considering it's the company's first 3rd person shooter. It's not great, but it doesn't deserve all the critique like it's some pile of garbage, because it's not.
---
Time fades even legend.
#14mahroflcopterPosted 9/1/2012 11:36:30 PM
Strife_Tenpouin posted...
Dirge of Cerberus actually is a pretty decent game. Even surprising, considering it's the company's first 3rd person shooter. It's not great, but it doesn't deserve all the critique like it's some pile of garbage, because it's not.

Really, its more how bad the story is. I don't really even remember the gameplay that much... but I do remember Data Hojo and a crap ton of other awful ideas.
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
#15Strife_TenpouinPosted 9/1/2012 11:49:44 PM
I was having fun with the story up until that part. Didn't care for it as well, and the ending is cheesy as hell. Still, not enough to make the game a "pile of garbage". It's a shooter. For a shooter of the time, it has nice graphics, responsive controls, a handful of weapons and melee attacks to use (along with a kick-ass customization system that reminded me of Parasite Eve), many areas to explore, different types of enemies and cool boss fights. Again, it may not be outstanding, may not be a hardcore RPGamer's cup of tea, but it's nowhere near as bad as most people make it seem. I went in ready for Superman 64 level of crapiness and instead had fun with a decent shooter set in FFVII's universe.

Really, I get why people may not love the game, but I don't get why some hate it so much (outside of "a shooter in my RPG series? Preposterous!" line of thinking). I have played far worse shooters that don't nearly get all that kind of rage.
---
Time fades even legend.
#16AshernedPosted 9/2/2012 12:00:09 AM
Strife_Tenpouin posted...

It still had a better ending and a more coherent plot than Mass Effect 3.
#17heartlesshero17Posted 9/2/2012 12:04:18 AM
I agree that Dirge isn't as bad as people like to exaggerate, I actually managed to have fun at some parts, specifically boss fights against the tsveits. Rosso and Weiss were fun

But yeah, even without the story, gameplay wasn't that much. Floaty gun controls, a handful of combos that was overall useless in 80% of the time, a double jump that was possibly even more useless unless you wanted to do the specific air combo that is only used through the double jump which just leads back to the fact that melee attacks were pretty damn useless, Vincent Chaos form was terrible and somehow manages to make melee attacks even worse (despite the combo looking badass), the not so good dash vincent has

Uninspired bland looking level design, the incredibly pointless WRO soldiers that have **** AI that are accompanied alongside one of those side missions that take place in the story, those little side missions in general, and many other things I won't mention so this post doesn't end up to well

But yeah, gun customization was nice. But yeah there was a lot wrong with it.
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception