RP'ing

#1EminentFatePosted 9/2/2012 12:30:48 AM
Any chance of this game having it? I know, Lightning is already an established character, but will we at least have dialouge trees? Interesting responses on those trees? Because Lightning is a boring-as-hell character; why not go the Dragon Age 2 route and lock in her personality by your preferred response type (Sarcastic, aggresive or diplomatic).

I don't care if they have to retcon her previous personality, if I'm going to spend 40-60+ hours with a character, I want him/her to have interesting character traits - Lightning does not have that (aside from the flashy stunts she usually pulls off), so how about letting me craft her?
#2VanilleHopenPosted 9/2/2012 12:35:44 AM
um hi this is final fantasy.. The cast of characters are given their own unique personalities... YOU do not decide their personalties for them..

Stop complaining who knows what SE employee will read this and take your critic to heart.. Your not ruining this for me, do you hear me? NO
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#3YoungGganonPosted 9/2/2012 12:37:10 AM
This game is already going to suck. I don't know what you see in XIII but you must not have played ANY of the old ones.
---
(Now replaying all of the Kingdom Hearts series)
~Not changing this sig until Morgan Freeman voices a character in Kingdom Hearts.
#4ShinGundamPosted 9/2/2012 12:38:07 AM
EminentFate posted...
Any chance of this game having it? I know, Lightning is already an established character, but will we at least have dialouge trees? Interesting responses on those trees? Because Lightning is a boring-as-hell character; why not go the Dragon Age 2 route and lock in her personality by your preferred response type (Sarcastic, aggresive or diplomatic).

I don't care if they have to retcon her previous personality, if I'm going to spend 40-60+ hours with a character, I want him/her to have interesting character traits - Lightning does not have that (aside from the flashy stunts she usually pulls off), so how about letting me craft her?

Maybe not, I don't think LR will have any RP'ing.
#5EminentFate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 12:41:26 AM
YoungGganon posted...
This game is already going to suck. I don't know what you see in XIII but you must not have played ANY of the old ones.

Who me? I've played FF1-XIII-2, actually (disregarding XI and XIV, since those are MMOs).

Also, I consider both VI and IX to be the high points of this series. So, what exactly are you getting at?
#6EminentFate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 12:44:04 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
um hi this is final fantasy.. The cast of characters are given their own unique personalities... YOU do not decide their personalties for them..

Stop complaining who knows what SE employee will read this and take your critic to heart.. Your not ruining this for me, do you hear me? NO

I wouldn't have brought this up if the protagonist of this game was someone I find to be interesting... like, say, Noel.
#7Rose_MagePosted 9/2/2012 12:59:41 AM
I am fairly certain the members here can put up a better show than most current JRPGs.
---
Team Rocket Executive Rose
R ~ I am the Sol Enchantress! ilikeikeilikeik is an amazing psychic!
#8EminentFate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 1:20:19 AM
Rose_Mage posted...
I am fairly certain the members here can put up a better show than most current JRPGs.

True dat. *fistbump*

Well, this thread died fast...
#9FtpkornPosted 9/2/2012 1:48:15 AM
So it already sounds like Skyrim, why not just hand the company over to bioware huh? And ofcourse you got choices what to say in xiii-2 anyway.
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.