I don't understand the complaints.

#11MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/2/2012 7:10:24 AM
What we really asked for is for them to stop doing XIII.

XIII is dead, they're idiots, they screwed up the first, the 2nd was even more convoluted and annoying, and now they try a 3rd.

Somewhere they said, no FFVII remake till they make one that surpasses it, well that won't happen if they keep beating this dead horse.

I don't even care that much about a 7 remake, how about Versus, is this taking absolutely nothing away from it's development?

What about KH3. If they are still working on Versus, which is so much like KH3, and still trying to put out more XIII, and aren't gettnig Versus done... they won't make KH3 anytime soon, as having them release too closely together would make them compete with each other.

So... great, I honestly NEVER thought I'd see the day FF would die in my mind, but I think it's here. Watched Capcom kill Breath of Fire, and Megaman, no sign of Dark Cloud from level5, when was the last good Suikoden, or Wild Arms? Hope they are enjoying their "money" cause they are destroying everything for it. For what? To produce crap like XIII, or White Knight Chronicles, or giving us more Ultra Ultimate editions of every fighting game they produce, which is too many, considering they are all basically the same....

Yeah, old school RPG gamer, raging cause they are destroying the worlds I've loved so much growing up. At least we can count on Nintendo to keep the classics living on their end *hasn't had a Nintendo system since GameCube specifically so I could keep playing his RPGs*. My loyalties are misplaced I'd say.
#12Elice_CarolPosted 9/2/2012 7:13:46 AM
I wish there were other playable characters, but on the other hand, there's always the possibility of DLC and AI characters are probably guaranteed. For a story-based game, I highly doubt they'll have Lightning lugging around all by herself.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#13Xtreme-VoidPosted 9/2/2012 7:15:57 AM
Ftpkorn posted...
shygirl914 posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
She's the only playable.

People wanted to play as her, but not only her.

But last time there were only two playable characters. Does it make that much of a difference?

Yes, yes it does. You see, noel and serah had some of the best team work and interaction in a game i have seen, thats character interaction, a staple to FF, whereas 1 person will be like...well sorry for saying this again guys but....(skyrim) and playing a character with no personality and being the only one is not what FF is about. Lightning by no means has zero personality and without other characters to help build on it and getting to know her more like having friendships to build trust where she becomes more open, it would just be dull and no one will care about these 'new characters'

I hope the world will build her.

I'm more interested in Lightning personality, she is deep down has very kind and very strong characters, the most mature character of all.
See what length see would risk her life just to atone what she did to her sister. She showed what she truly is when she is with hope before.

But aside that Skyrim is more RPG than any RPG, because we could role playing as we wants to.
#14Minatokun13Posted 9/2/2012 10:18:42 AM
shygirl914 posted...
XIII-2: WHY ISN'T LIGHTNING THE MAIN CHARACTER??
LR: WHY IS LIGHTNING THE MAIN CHARACTER??

I don't get it. We asked for Lightning, and they gave her to us...

YOU asked for Lightning. I didn't complain about Serah in XIII-2, and preferred her to Lightning anyway.
#15mahroflcopterPosted 9/2/2012 10:58:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16Some_StaticPosted 9/2/2012 11:00:10 AM
Allow me to correct you:

FF13-2: "Why was Lightning marketed all over this?! Where the **** is she?!"
LR:FF13: "Why is Lightning the only character?!"
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.
#17DaGreatOnelolPosted 9/2/2012 11:03:36 AM
Some_Static posted...
Allow me to correct you:

FF13-2: "Why was Lightning marketed all over this?! Where the **** is she?!"
LR:FF13: "Why is Lightning the only character?!"

some people just can't have their own way in the games. Because it will take forever..

But remember that at LEAST, we are getting:

1) full control over movement AND blocking AND skills used in combat
2) towns, dungeons, and a rail to move around the place
3) outfit and customization
4) weapons not being all the same anymore as Lightning is able to carry a Auron-like sword.

so basically, I rather have this to overlook the fact its only one character in the game. But then again, who the hell would had given this game a BETTER opinion if the old party did come back. Just the same old Snow/Hope haters going to ruin this board =X.