The Doomsday Clock idea scares me

#1Plant42Posted 9/2/2012 7:03:39 AM
Just putting the entire game on a time limit in general. I don't want to have to end up rushing through things.
#2FtpkornPosted 9/2/2012 7:11:08 AM
Thats the intention...like...2012 :D
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.
#3lightdragoon88Posted 9/2/2012 7:12:44 AM
Everything you do will decrease or increase the doom clock.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#4zodiac_swordPosted 9/2/2012 7:12:50 AM
It kind of reminds me of Excalibur II in FF9, but not quite as bad.
---
Elice_Carol is in my sig.
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#5M1AstrayPosted 9/2/2012 7:14:26 AM
Majoras Mask, one of the greatest games of all time, had a time limit. It also used said timelimit to make the NPCs some of the most fleshed out and interesting that I have ever seen in a video game before or since.
#6Plant42(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 7:23:48 AM
Well I didn't hear about being able to put time back on the clock. That at least is good news. I don't want to have to start over because I get through 75% of the game and have to reset because I spent too much time exploring.
#7zodiac_swordPosted 9/2/2012 7:25:59 AM
M1Astray posted...
Majoras Mask, one of the greatest games of all time, had a time limit.

Not really. The fact that you can return to the first day removes any "time limit".
---
Elice_Carol is in my sig.
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#8ExtremeLightPosted 9/2/2012 7:26:09 AM
Plant42 posted...
Well I didn't hear about being able to put time back on the clock. That at least is good news. I don't want to have to start over because I get through 75% of the game and have to reset because I spent too much time exploring.

I think the game doesn't "end" once it reach zero but rather the final stage commence and the ending begin whereever you are. This what I think otherwise we wouldbe saving the world on the first day.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2013, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013.
#9minime_senPosted 9/2/2012 7:32:10 AM
When the clock hits 12:00, it's all doomed. Due to past events, the game will start at 11:55. Only 5 minutes until doom, that means we will have to work fast to move time back before we can rest. I can already feel all the tension the clock will create.
#10M1AstrayPosted 9/2/2012 8:00:55 AM
zodiac_sword posted...
M1Astray posted...
Majoras Mask, one of the greatest games of all time, had a time limit.

Not really. The fact that you can return to the first day removes any "time limit".

And you think that in a sequel to a game that had time travel as a prominent plot and gameplay point there won't be any way to reverse time in this either? That was my point, the time limit won't actually exist, there will be some gameplay mechanic in place to either reverse time, start at the beginning of the 13 days again with all your equipment, outright halt time, or extend the 13 days themselves. Or all of the above.

Time limits in games are always either overly generous or non-existent and simply superficial.