To everyone that says cloud is as bland as lightning.

#41Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 6:39:30 PM
Zvonareva posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
Which is DoC if I'm not mistaken, and he retained his 7 personality because at the end of AC he was back to normal, which most people forget.

Wasn't that only a cameo appearance which didn't get much time to explore his character? Please, remind me. I've bleached DoC out of my mind.

You're right, but that doesn't make everyone elses interpretation right :P

You are correct that it doesn't necessarily mean that.

DragoonGriffith posted...
I'm sorry, but that is utter BS, and it only goes to hand to someone who thinks he's said everything by applying this logic.

What?

His cameo in DoC was in the CGI when they were getting ready to fight (which was fairly long), when he talked to vincet on the cell phone, and at the end. Given all those scenes as a whole it's pretty easy to tell he's not sad and whiny.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
#42DragoonGriffithPosted 9/2/2012 6:43:01 PM
Zvonareva posted...
The part about a character being criticized on his latest appearance.

I see. Well, you criticize character development (or the lack of it). I don't see how that would be BS. Ask someone about what they think about VII Cloud and their answer could be different. And it's usually implied that the latest version of the character is talked about anyway when discussing one.

If someone doesn't like the FFVII Cloud, then yeah I can't say anything.
The point is that there are people only basing their knowledge on him through watching AC or playing Dissidia, and that's not right.

Especially, since the personality he adopts in the newer installments is just one part of his persona.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor" - Fulvip
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), RDR, Wild ARMs 2, FFVII.
#43ZvonarevaPosted 9/2/2012 6:43:42 PM
Drgonbxcross posted...
I get what you're saying but squares recent personification of him is just "selling out" if you will. And the movie shouldn't leave as much of an impact, especially given the game is much, MUCH longer. And it still doesn't change the fact the he reverted to 7cloud at the end and through DoC.

I don't know if I would call it selling out but I do think it was bad writing. From what I've seen, people will bash Cloud but will acknowledge that VII was the superior version of him. The movie has impact because it's a movie. It was essentially one long cut scene. Add up the total amount of cut scenes from VII and I doubt it's much longer than AC.

Also, I know people are not going to go out of their way to differentiate, but that's mostly because they're wrong and they know it. They just want to hate on 7 and or XIII. Throwing the terms emo and blind around on cloud is just ignorant.

Or they don't differentiate because one doesn't criticize what a character was but the development they go through. This is the part where the DoC clarification should come in handy.
---
Bernkastel of all.
#44Drgonbxcross(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 6:49:58 PM
Zvonareva posted...

I don't know if I would call it selling out but I do think it was bad writing. From what I've seen, people will bash Cloud but will acknowledge that VII was the superior version of him. The movie has impact because it's a movie. It was essentially one long cut scene. Add up the total amount of cut scenes from VII and I doubt it's much longer than AC.

I would call it selling out, it was mostly due to the fact that by the time AC and dissidia came out they wanted to appeal to the newer audiences.

And I know it's a movie but cmon, most of clouds personality was established in that 30 hour game. The cut scenes didn't do anything but make it more flashy.

Zvonareva posted...

Or they don't differentiate because one doesn't criticize what a character was but the development they go through. This is the part where the DoC clarification should come in handy.

You're right, and that makes them wrong.

Most of the comparisons are hate filled anyways, so It's not like they should be taken seriously with their significant bias towards 7 and/or XIII
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
#45ZvonarevaPosted 9/2/2012 6:53:34 PM
Drgonbxcross posted...
His cameo in DoC was in the CGI when they were getting ready to fight (which was fairly long), when he talked to vincet on the cell phone, and at the end. Given all those scenes as a whole it's pretty easy to tell he's not sad and whiny.

I'll have to re-watch that scene to see (oh no). It could be that people didn't see those scenes as significant enough to change their opinion of what Cloud had become.

If someone doesn't like the FFVII Cloud, then yeah I can't say anything.
The point is that there are people only basing their knowledge on him through watching AC or playing Dissidia, and that's not right.

Especially, since the personality he adopts in the newer installments is just one part of his persona.

But how do you know that that is all that they're basing it from? Maybe they played VII but didn't like how AC turned out. He developed into that character. Let's just use the VII to AC transition for an example: VII comes out and then AC is released. When asked about Cloud, what version of Cloud do you expect most people to discuss? The original or the sequel where his character developed?
---
Bernkastel of all.
#46ZvonarevaPosted 9/2/2012 6:58:15 PM
Drgonbxcross posted...
I would call it selling out, it was mostly due to the fact that by the time AC and dissidia came out they wanted to appeal to the newer audiences.

And I know it's a movie but cmon, most of clouds personality was established in that 30 hour game. The cut scenes didn't do anything but make it more flashy.

I suppose that it could be selling out. I don't really know though. Yes, Cloud's personality was developed but it went under further development after the game in the movie.

You're right, and that makes them wrong.

Most of the comparisons are hate filled anyways, so It's not like they should be taken seriously with their significant bias towards 7 and/or XIII

It should be noted that most comparisons are hate filled toward AC Cloud and the quality of said movie. They might call VII overrated but overrated doesn't mean bad.
---
Bernkastel of all.
#47DragoonGriffithPosted 9/2/2012 7:01:23 PM
Zvonareva posted...

But how do you know that that is all that they're basing it from? Maybe they played VII but didn't like how AC turned out. He developed into that character. Let's just use the VII to AC transition for an example: VII comes out and then AC is released. When asked about Cloud, what version of Cloud do you expect most people to discuss? The original or the sequel where his character developed?

This is what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that someone shouldn't like him, or think he's bad.
I'm saying that it shouldn't be only because of AC.

Ah well, whatever. I guess everyone has the right to dislike things for whatever reason.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor" - Fulvip
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), RDR, Wild ARMs 2, FFVII.