Why don't people like XIII and XIII-2?

#21ClausudoPosted 9/3/2012 5:45:44 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
because it's Final Fantasy. People always hate FF.
IT has nothing to do with the game, it has everything to do with the name.

False
---
Waiting for Hyperdimension Neptunia V, Final Fantasy Versus 13, FFX HD,Grand Auto Theft V, Awesome RPG, etc.
#22Holy_WraithPosted 9/3/2012 5:59:46 PM
shygirl914 posted...
I'm genuinely serious. I found the battle system strategic and immersive, the characters interesting, and the story surprisingly well done and intelligent. I don't understand why they've had such bad reception?

FF13 gaem sux, bro!

FF13-2 is alright, only extreme Lightning fanboys & fangirls hated it because it wasn't about Lightning.
---
Sazh would be an awesome ODST!
There was a Hole here,it's in Henry Townshend's bathroom now.
#23Erza_ScarletPosted 9/3/2012 5:59:59 PM
The characters were bland and angsty, whining throughout the game (13). I wasn't able to become emotionally attached to any of them. Even visually, the only appealing characters were Fang, Lightning, and Snow. It was a chore whenever any of the other cast started talking.

The game is absurdly linear, even limiting which party members you can use up until chapter 9ish. Since I didn't like most of the characters, this made me dislike a lot of the game because I was forced to use them.

The dialogue and writing are just bad. The story is nothing special, but I didn't feel the same "magic" as the previous FF games had. Besides the uninspiring villians, me not liking the cast once again helped ruin the story for me.

The battle system felt shallow to me, and very easy throughout the game. I am biased towards the old, turn based style of FF where I can choose unique strategies for battles along with having complete control. I missed the customization and options from the older games.

I'm not going to discuss 13-2...the game disgusts me. Either way, I can see why people would enjoy 13, but as someone who prefers the series pre-FFX, I find myself unable to like 13/-2. I feel that it is a bad FF, but a good JRPG.
#24lightdragoon88Posted 9/3/2012 7:15:55 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Not really. I never understood why Caius has such a passion for Yeul. He shows no emotion when with her and the very little bit of dialogue we get between Yeul and Caius is corny and it doesn't flow. Along with that, destroying time and space for a girl who is okay with her fate is very silly.

......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man. Caius shows time and again that he cares for Yeul. Why he doesn't show it to her is because he steel(guard) his emotions around her so it doesn't hurt as much.

Also:

"I'm not doing this to please her. I am doing this to save her."
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#25TirMcDohlPosted 9/3/2012 7:29:14 PM
Why should I like both games, OP ? You combined these three different games altogether : FF XIII, XIII-2 , XIII-3 , and you only got like less than 20% of Xenogears in story department.

I am not kidding, even God of Wars trilogy story hooked me more than this piece of ****

I am not even going to criticize the other aspect of gameplay, there are too much mess on these games.
---
Sieg Zeon
#26theofficefan99Posted 9/3/2012 7:30:27 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
because it's Final Fantasy. People always hate FF.
IT has nothing to do with the game, it has everything to do with the name.

That is downright false. People only say that to make themselves feel better.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#27Carlk797Posted 9/3/2012 7:30:56 PM
I didn't hate them I actually thought FF13 wasn't as bad as people said. I preferred the story over 13-2. I also don't think the reasons for hating ff13 were valid as it wasn't any more or less open world/linear than dragonage, fable, or elder scrolls. I think what bothers me is that whereas people 10 years from now still talk about FF7 and FFX, I don't think this game was good enough to make a sequel to it let alone a trilogy, and ten years from now no one will remember this game. It's FF7 and X were like the original Star Wars trilogy and FF13 is like Buck Rogers or something.
#28theofficefan99Posted 9/3/2012 7:32:17 PM
lightdragoon88 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Not really. I never understood why Caius has such a passion for Yeul. He shows no emotion when with her and the very little bit of dialogue we get between Yeul and Caius is corny and it doesn't flow. Along with that, destroying time and space for a girl who is okay with her fate is very silly.

......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man. Caius shows time and again that he cares for Yeul. Why he doesn't show it to her is because he steel(guard) his emotions around her so it doesn't hurt as much.

Also:

"I'm not doing this to please her. I am doing this to save her."

He TALKS about caring for her but I don't SEE it, which is why I think his motivation is stupid. His design is stupid, his lines are stupid, his voice acting delivery is stupid, everything about him is stupid.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#29Yuji KaidoPosted 9/3/2012 7:32:59 PM
Sazh alone is enough to make anyone hate them.
But him removed from the equation and you just have an average JRPG with no strengths and a few weakness.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/56935458
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
#30BlueDragmirePosted 9/3/2012 7:33:50 PM
I've already written all this before on Ze Blog:

http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/2010/03/on-final-fantasy-xiii.html

http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/2012/02/final-fantasy-xiii-2-part-1.html

http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/2012/02/final-fantasy-xiii-2-part-2.html

http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/2012/05/final-fantasy-xiii-2-dlc-special.html
---
The official monarch of every single board.