Are these plot holes?

#1DaGreatOnelolPosted 9/6/2012 2:11:09 AM
I could had sworn Noel said in XIII-2 by releasing the Chaos, it would stop time and basically void the Eyes of Etro from seeing any future since time itself is frozen..

So knowing this and how we got details on how after the events of XIII-2, everyone became immortal.

So I'm wondering how does one tell time when Chaos froze it. How did the world progress two hundred years after we clearly see it got infected when Etro died.

Critique me if I have something wrong because I'm a bit confused now.
#2VanilleHopenPosted 9/6/2012 2:13:39 AM
that's for toriyama to know and you to may (or may not) find out.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#3DaGreatOnelol(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 2:18:35 AM(edited)
And what's more confusing is how in the world do you can still count minutes hours or even days if time is frozen???

And what's even more ironic is how in the world can we still get day time noon dusk and night time? What the hell?
#4FireMage7777Posted 9/6/2012 2:15:40 AM
Toriyama'd
---
Playing through the .hack tetralogy. On Mutation, Innis defeated
#5shygirl914Posted 9/6/2012 2:55:52 AM
Time isn't actually moving. It's just a measurement.
---
Nice to meet you. :)
Friend Code: 2664-2125-3148
#6kupo1705Posted 9/6/2012 2:58:47 AM
shygirl914 posted...

Time is a dimension.
#7jfielding95Posted 9/6/2012 3:00:37 AM
Toriyama explains himself to no-one
#8jimrichardsPosted 9/6/2012 4:37:26 AM
If one assumes quantum physics and the whole space-time disfiguration thing (a.k.a. real life Time Kompression), you could feasably have days pass without advancing in time. I just have no idea how it would be measured or how it would even be noticed.

For explanation, consider this example. A sheet of paper is our universe. We can move around in it by moving up and down the line. However, the paper is also moving, unbeknownst to us, through time. If the motion of the paper was unobservable to us, how would we know if it stopped?

We've seen that moving at such high speeds increases gravity and slows time, so by moving fast enough, we could be moving only through space and not time. Trouble is, in order for space-time difiguration to occur, you'd have to be moving damn fast. Like, so-fast-you-and-everything-around-you-would-die fast. Fast enough such that not a thing in the known universe could propel you at that speed. Oh well.
---
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Happily married to Hilda/Hilbert's MILF as of June 4th 2012.
#9shygirl914Posted 9/6/2012 4:57:14 AM
kupo1705 posted...
shygirl914 posted...

Time is a dimension.

In the context of the game? I dunno.
---
Nice to meet you. :)
Friend Code: 2664-2125-3148
#10King_Shortt_IXPosted 9/6/2012 5:02:11 AM(edited)
jfielding95 posted...
Toriyama explains himself to no-one

He needs not to explain himself to the feeble minded as that would be beneath him. Only the worthy are entitled to understand and see his brilliant vision that transcends the conventional.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.