Square Enix need to tell us if FFXV will release on current gen hardware

#1GalvanizationPosted 9/6/2012 8:33:42 PM
If they tell us FFXV is for PS3/360/Wii U then that would make all these FFXIII games bearable. We would know we're still get another single-player mainline FF for our current consoles and not just FFXIII games.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#2BBlackJJackPosted 9/6/2012 8:34:42 PM
no
---
Come on Chemicals
#3Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 8:38:23 PM
I'm sure they are planning to announce FFXV when it's close to being launched. However, they should at least say it's in development. That way fans can rest assured that this gen won't just be all about the numeral XIII.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#4RostikMusicPosted 9/6/2012 8:52:18 PM
...Yeah.
Lemme know how that goes.
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 9/6/2012 9:06:55 PM
agnis philosophy hints that they are preparing for next gen
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6CheckDaMicPosted 9/6/2012 9:12:48 PM
Wasn't Agnis Philosphy on next-gen tech? That pretty much confirms FF15 to be on PS4/720.
#7Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 9:19:51 PM(edited)
Devilman_Amon posted...
agnis philosophy hints that they are preparing for next gen

CheckDaMic posted...
Wasn't Agnis Philosphy on next-gen tech? That pretty much confirms FF15 to be on PS4/720.

The PS2 tech demo for FF VIII and FF The Spirits Within were both shown a full year before FFIX was announced for PS1. The same thing could happen this gen with FFXV getting announced for current gen after a next-gen tech demo has already been shown.
---
#800Bubbles00Posted 9/6/2012 9:36:49 PM
When LR comes out, next gen would have already been on store shelves for a few months.... next FF after LR is for sure next gen....... SE lost out on profits when they took so long to make FF13, first scrapping its development for PS2...

I think SE has caught on now to PC style game programming and development.... with incremental advances in R&D all the time, and not waiting till every other company has already moved on...

Need to test those new tools and put out new tech products.... or get left behind when the graphics on new next gen games blow everyones mind.... and PS3/360 graphics look like garbage in comparison....
#9Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 10:16:55 PM
00Bubbles00 posted...
When LR comes out, next gen would have already been on store shelves for a few months.... next FF after LR is for sure next gen....... SE lost out on profits when they took so long to make FF13, first scrapping its development for PS2...

I think SE has caught on now to PC style game programming and development.... with incremental advances in R&D all the time, and not waiting till every other company has already moved on...

Need to test those new tools and put out new tech products.... or get left behind when the graphics on new next gen games blow everyones mind.... and PS3/360 graphics look like garbage in comparison....

I doubt that next-gen would have started when LR comes out. Even if FFXV launches in 2015, it will still be for PS3/360/Wii U.
---
#1000Bubbles00Posted 9/6/2012 10:22:45 PM
Galvanization posted...
00Bubbles00 posted...

I doubt that next-gen would have started when LR comes out. Even if FFXV launches in 2015, it will still be for PS3/360/Wii U.

Thats true. Next gen is supposed to come out in 2024 according to insiders.