POLL: Which Final Fantasy has THE Best Story?

#141Kano33339Posted 11/11/2012 12:50:00 PM
FFX.

Come on guise, its one of the only stories where it doesn't end fighting some loser who wants to destroy/control the world. Granted, some maniac tries, but doesn't even manage to get close.
---
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
http://www.last.fm/user/plasmaterial
#142mini_blightPosted 11/11/2012 1:21:23 PM
Kano33339 posted...
FFX.

Come on guise, its one of the only stories where it doesn't end fighting some loser who wants to destroy/control the world. Granted, some maniac tries, but doesn't even manage to get close.

Yeah, you just fight a giant cockroach instead. lol
#143theofficefan99Posted 11/11/2012 1:27:39 PM
The problem with Matsuno's games and stories are that they feel so dry... no, seriously, just thinking about his games makes me want to drink a glass of water. Must be the color scheme. Too much brown and yellow.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#144JackstinPosted 11/11/2012 1:29:39 PM
I thought about this very carefully and chose X. I did not expect it to be the most popular answer but I am pleasantly surprised that it is.
---
Kiss the Evil Dragon King
#145mad_hax_manPosted 11/12/2012 2:40:24 AM
FFT:WotL is the only FF that has a great story that's told really well. Most FF games have at least one thing that significantly drags down the story. Things like VII's script, the loss of momentum in the second halves of VI and IX, XII's pacing problem, the wackiness and absurd plot twist of IV and VIII, X's VA and tendency to fall into teenage melodrama and XIII being, well, FFXIII. Most of them aren't enough to make them bad stories, but really stop them from being as great as they should be.

T's story had its flaws, but none of them were problems with fundamental story telling of the game. Except for the script in the original, which was changed in WotL
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#146RomangeloPosted 11/12/2012 4:01:07 AM
FFX story is way better than Romeo & Juliet, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Titanic and Avatar in combine.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#147Haku_Men_Posted 11/12/2012 6:20:04 AM
Tactics. It was probably one of the few times where I couldn't tell what was going to happen when I played it. I honestly cannot fathom how X is so high up there when X's story also comes packaged with X-2.
---
When all else fails; hit them with the force of an 18-wheeler.
#148UnderratedGamerPosted 11/12/2012 8:19:09 AM
Romangelo posted...
FFX story is way better than Romeo & Juliet, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Titanic and Avatar in combine.

You failed so hard when you put down Lord of the Rings.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#149Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 9:17:07 AM
Haku_Men_ posted...
Tactics. It was probably one of the few times where I couldn't tell what was going to happen when I played it. I honestly cannot fathom how X is so high up there when X's story also comes packaged with X-2.

X and X-2 are still separate games and X's story is good on its own, better off actually
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#150Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:41:03 PM
UnderratedGamer posted...
Romangelo posted...

You failed so hard when you put down Lord of the Rings.

---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it