POLL: Which Final Fantasy has THE Best Story?

#161FreakonaIeashPosted 12/4/2012 2:31:33 AM
Going with Tactics on this one.
---
Something takes a part of me... Something lost and never seen, everytime I start to believe, something is taken from me...
#162NestamaPosted 12/4/2012 3:21:57 AM
Reginleif20 posted...
servb0ts posted...
Other. FFXI & I dunno why more people don't add it to polls. it is part main series.

Honestly, most people don't really care about the FF MMOs

And yet SE continue to keep FFXI's servers up and running (for ten years). If people didn't care, wouldn't the game have died years ago?
---
"Easy there, children, that's quite enough.
Mommy's come home; be good and pack up your stuff."
#163TiaelPosted 12/4/2012 8:11:06 AM
Nestama posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
servb0ts posted...
Other. FFXI & I dunno why more people don't add it to polls. it is part main series.

Honestly, most people don't really care about the FF MMOs

And yet SE continue to keep FFXI's servers up and running (for ten years). If people didn't care, wouldn't the game have died years ago?

It's also getting a new expansion next year, so FFXIV: ARR and FFXI will both be up and running by then.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#164SLXPosted 12/4/2012 9:02:38 AM(edited)
Could anyone elaborate why X has such a good story? only completed 1, 3, 4, 6, 13 and 13-2.
Have been trying to complete 7 now and then but never got past halfway (or before) story seems good though.
So what's special/good about 10 without spoiling? :)

[edit] i voted 6 btw
#165Terra-BranfordPosted 12/4/2012 9:03:23 AM
SLX posted...
Could anyone elaborate why X has such a good story? only completed 1, 3, 4, 6, 13 and 13-2.
Have been trying to complete 7 now and then but never got past halfway (or before) story seems good though.
So what's special/good about 10 without spoiling? :)

Why not just play it to experience it for yourself?

You can get it for PS2 for 3-4 or whatever currency you use.
---
I'm Val
#166mahroflcopterPosted 12/4/2012 9:26:28 AM
jaganshi2 posted...
well, FF13's isn't fully finished yet so i can't give a verdict. 10 could have won this if it wasn't for x-2 which imo ruined the story of 10.

XIII was a stand alone that just happened to have XIII-2 and LR shoehorned in to recuperate costs once they saw that XIII was a financial success. So you can easily judge XIII.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#167Terra-BranfordPosted 12/4/2012 9:39:32 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
jaganshi2 posted...
well, FF13's isn't fully finished yet so i can't give a verdict. 10 could have won this if it wasn't for x-2 which imo ruined the story of 10.

XIII was a stand alone that just happened to have XIII-2 and LR shoehorned in to recuperate costs once they saw that XIII was a financial success. So you can easily judge XIII.

Exactly, XIII is a complete game. And so is XIII-2 for that matter, Serah's story concluded.
---
I'm Val
#168mahroflcopterPosted 12/4/2012 9:54:35 AM
Terra-Branford posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
jaganshi2 posted...

Exactly, XIII is a complete game. And so is XIII-2 for that matter, Serah's story concluded.

XIII is complete in that all major plot points had been resolved, most character arcs had come full circle, all antagonists had been dealt with, all subplots present in the cutscenes that weren't spontaneously dropped were resolved, and we were given a concrete ending. The party's focus was "complete", Cocoon was "saved", Orphan/Barthandelous had been dealt with, their brands were magically gone, Serah and Dajh were released from crystal stasis, the people were free from Fal'cie rule, they had "defied their fate", Lightning approved of Serah/Snow's marriage, the characters had worked through all interpersonal and intrapersonal conflicts, Fang/Vanille achieved their redemption for their actions in The War of Transgression, the party seemed to no longer have to be on the run constantly, etc.

XIII-2, on the other hand, rewrote the ending of XIII with the explanation of "oh, that's what you thought happened... but nope, paradox!", introduced tons of ideas that were never even the slightest bit foreshadowed in XIII, raised more questions than it answered, had a "to be continued" ending, only brought Serah's character arc to a close, had about a dozen suplots left hanging, and offered absolutely no resolution to anything. So no, XIII-2 was not a complete story. XIII-2's plot resolution hinges upon Lightning Returns. The same is not true for XIII: XIII is perfectly fine on its own.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
The DmC Demo didn't hurt my butt, it just gave it a rash. The cure? Play Devil May Cry 1, 3, and 4.
#169JukainPosted 12/4/2012 11:00:27 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
Terra-Branford posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
jaganshi2 posted...

XIII is complete in that all major plot points had been resolved, most character arcs had come full circle, all antagonists had been dealt with, all subplots present in the cutscenes that weren't spontaneously dropped were resolved, and we were given a concrete ending. The party's focus was "complete", Cocoon was "saved", Orphan/Barthandelous had been dealt with, their brands were magically gone, Serah and Dajh were released from crystal stasis, the people were free from Fal'cie rule, they had "defied their fate", Lightning approved of Serah/Snow's marriage, the characters had worked through all interpersonal and intrapersonal conflicts, Fang/Vanille achieved their redemption for their actions in The War of Transgression, the party seemed to no longer have to be on the run constantly, etc.

XIII-2, on the other hand, rewrote the ending of XIII with the explanation of "oh, that's what you thought happened... but nope, paradox!", introduced tons of ideas that were never even the slightest bit foreshadowed in XIII, raised more questions than it answered, had a "to be continued" ending, only brought Serah's character arc to a close, had about a dozen suplots left hanging, and offered absolutely no resolution to anything. So no, XIII-2 was not a complete story. XIII-2's plot resolution hinges upon Lightning Returns. The same is not true for XIII: XIII is perfectly fine on its own.

And then... plot twist! Serah's not done yet~
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#170kupo1705Posted 12/4/2012 11:02:03 AM
The story of XIII-2 was complete.

Serah died, Lightning's a statue and Caius won.
What more could you ask for?