List of people that Toriyama has inspired?

#1HarmistoPosted 9/9/2012 9:20:35 PM
i cant find one but FF 5 seems to be the one of that inspired the creator from Disgea

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/09/how-final-fantasy-v-changed-nippon-ichi-software-ceo-sohei-niikawas-dreams/
#2HitzkolpfPosted 9/9/2012 9:22:44 PM
He clearly inspired his fanboys.

As for actually inspiring change in the video game industry or anywhere else... er...
#3GalvanizationPosted 9/9/2012 9:28:26 PM(edited)
Harmisto posted...
i cant find one but FF 5 seems to be the one of that inspired the creator from Disgea

He was inspired by the FFV Job system which was created by Hiroyuki Ito.

And people bash me for liking Hiroyuki Ito? Even the guy behind Disgaea was inspired by Ito's work. LOL!
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#4Harmisto(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 9:30:38 PM
Galvanization posted...
Harmisto posted...

And people bash me for liking Hiroyuki Ito? Even the guy behind Disgaea was inspired by Ito's work. LOL!

A lot of people must hate him for not using the angsty scifi stupid drama for his games
#5GalvanizationPosted 9/9/2012 9:33:44 PM
Harmisto posted...
Galvanization posted...
Harmisto posted...

A lot of people must hate him for not using the angsty scifi stupid drama for his games

People that hate Ito are FF fans that care more about story than gameplay. People that like Ito either like gameplay more than story or like their games to be balanced between story and gameplay.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#6TheTrinityPosted 9/9/2012 10:20:05 PM
Galvanization posted...
Harmisto posted...

I've never heard someone hating on him. What all exactly has he done anyway?
---
Il n'y a rien de nouveau sous le soleil.
#7GalvanizationPosted 9/9/2012 10:27:13 PM(edited)
TheTrinity posted...
Galvanization posted...
Harmisto posted...

I've never heard someone hating on him. What all exactly has he done anyway?

People hate on him as he cares about gameplay as much as story. Yes, that's how stupid some FF fans are. Any director who values gameplay as much as story is terrible and should be kept away from the FF series. FF must always be story first and everything else at a much lower priority.

Funny thing is that Toriyama cares about story more than gameplay and look how FFXIII turned out. LOL!
---
#8FtpkornPosted 9/9/2012 10:29:41 PM
Galvanization posted...
Harmisto posted...
Galvanization posted...
Harmisto posted...

People that hate Ito are FF fans that care more about story than gameplay. People that like Ito either like gameplay more than story or like their games to be balanced between story and gameplay.

I like ito, but you seem to have a boner for him LOL!
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.
#9GalvanizationPosted 9/9/2012 10:33:08 PM
Ftpkorn posted...
Galvanization posted...
Harmisto posted...
Galvanization posted...
Harmisto posted...

I like ito, but you seem to have a boner for him LOL!

I began researching him in 2007 when FFXII was the latest FF and getting bashed by haters. I guess my knowledge of his works has really increased over the years since then. I know his career enough to write a biography about him. LOL!
---
#10MalakTawusPosted 9/10/2012 5:14:26 AM
Air

/jk
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."