Would you want a Final Fantasy game to be remade?

#21Prpl_MerunicornPosted 9/10/2012 3:27:19 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Prpl_Merunicorn posted...
kupo1705 posted...
The first remake I played was Pokemon Leafgreen.
While pretty much better in every possible way, there was no way I could enjoy it more than the original.

I played the original when I was a kid. In my memory it's a perfect game.
By today's standards it isn't, but that's how I remember it.
How can you beat that?

Leafgreen is a remake?

There was a pokemon green? I thought the original were Red/Blue/Yellow

Yes there was.

You learn everyday I guess.
---
The homunculus of ValcristPL.
#22ClionaMcDerbyPosted 9/10/2012 3:28:24 AM
Since the FF7 tech demo im not so sure if i would any remake anymore. Ofcoure i'd look into purchasing but i would rather have new Final Fantasy entries.
---
The prominent Irish lady of the FF Versus XIII Board The world is in stress, thats why the most of us began to have short fuses.
#23kupo1705Posted 9/10/2012 3:30:45 AM
kupo1705 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
The first remake I played was Pokemon Leafgreen.
While pretty much better in every possible way, there was no way I could enjoy it more than the original.

I played the original when I was a kid. In my memory it's a perfect game.
By today's standards it isn't, but that's how I remember it.
How can you beat that?

Leafgreen is a remake?

There was a pokemon green? I thought the original were Red/Blue/Yellow

Yes there was.

You learn everyday I guess.

You could say that Red/Blue were remakes of Green.
Green was the original, but never released outside of Japan.
#24jfielding95(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2012 3:31:41 AM
ClionaMcDerby posted...
Since the FF7 tech demo im not so sure if i would any remake anymore. Ofcoure i'd look into purchasing but i would rather have new Final Fantasy entries.

Exactly, I would prefer that too. Also, it must be so frustrating working for SE when all your days of blood sweat and tears won't be enough for some of the FF fanbase because they think an FFVII remake would be better.
#25ClionaMcDerbyPosted 9/10/2012 3:59:13 AM
jfielding95 posted...
ClionaMcDerby posted...

Exactly, I would prefer that too. Also, it must be so frustrating working for SE when all your days of blood sweat and tears won't be enough for some of the FF fanbase because they think an FFVII remake would be better.

The development teams got it hard, but the PR department got it too easy. The FF gamers will still find a few flaws if a classic game were to remade. However FF3 and FF 4 for the Nintendo DS were pretty good.

FF VII remake is beginning to be a taboo word with the FF fans. If S-E wanted they would remake it with their own classic team but they dont want to touch it yet. And thats fine by me. Keep in mind FF7 was a pretty expanded and impressive game for its time.

There is a FF X remaster coming up. Its all good for the FF fans who havent played it yet on the PS2 but i already finished the game 3 times so for me it would be a timewaster.
---
The prominent Irish lady of the FF Versus XIII Board The world is in stress, thats why the most of us began to have short fuses.
#26TheExiled280Posted 9/10/2012 4:00:03 AM
Yes: FFVIII
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita
My Vita Collection: http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh513/TheExiled285/87b5072f.jpg
#27kupo1705Posted 9/10/2012 4:01:37 AM
I will probably get the FFX 'remake' even though I've already completed it a billion times, but It's not like I'm eagerly anticipating it.
If it was cancelled now I wouldn't care.
#28MalakTawusPosted 9/10/2012 4:10:22 AM
If done well i'll be happy to have a remade of some game that i love.

If i could chose one i'd want a remade for Xenogears, with the story on the second disc done properly this time.....
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."