So, still Toriyama as Game Director? (My hope of this game is inside)

#1rktn_odinPosted 9/17/2012 7:59:56 AM
I am kinda worried if he is.

FF13 is great and feel unique as a game.

But FF13-2 is a let down because of flawed and cheesy designs (repetitive puzzles, no Eidolons, DLCs, unstable frame per second, poor and cheesy dungeon design, uninteresting boss battle, ultimate monster killed so much easier than ones at FF13, etc.).

I do hope these features are in this game:
- All features in FF13
- Five members at once in battle
- All characters from previous FF13 are returning and playable
- New Eidolons
- Step by step story telling, seamlessly open world design i.e. the famous FF4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (not like FF13-2 where you choose a stage -Megaman style-)
- Stable fps, no slowdown
- Fluid control, 100% analog stick integration (i.e. God of War 3, Uncharted series)
- NG+, NG++, NG+++, NG++++, NG+++++
- More complex Weapons and Accessories upgrade
- New complex Junction system to compensate FF13-2 monster capture system, you can get monster crystal as a battle drop, and then it can be junctioned to your character
- More dynamic and fluid Eidolons battle
- Up to 5 players co-op, each player control one character in battle
- No more "sudoku-puzzles", there can only be smart environment-related-puzzles (i.e. God of War series, Uncharted series, Mario games, Tomb Raider, etc.)
- Combat oriented, strong and emotional story
- FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV
---
Do you know what is this: C Right A Left A Up C Right A Left A Up
And this: A C Up B Up B A Down
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 9/17/2012 8:04:05 AM(edited)
Yes he is and he will bring his unique style to the table that made XIII and XIII-2 smash hits.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#3TehAssasinPosted 9/17/2012 8:21:58 AM
rktn_odin posted...
I am kinda worried if he is.

FF13 is great and feel unique as a game.

But FF13-2 is a let down because of flawed and cheesy designs (repetitive puzzles, no Eidolons, DLCs, unstable frame per second, poor and cheesy dungeon design, uninteresting boss battle, ultimate monster killed so much easier than ones at FF13, etc.).

I do hope these features are in this game:
- All features in FF13
- Five members at once in battle
- All characters from previous FF13 are returning and playable
- New Eidolons
- Step by step story telling, seamlessly open world design i.e. the famous FF4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (not like FF13-2 where you choose a stage -Megaman style-)
- Stable fps, no slowdown
- Fluid control, 100% analog stick integration (i.e. God of War 3, Uncharted series)
- NG+, NG++, NG+++, NG++++, NG+++++
- More complex Weapons and Accessories upgrade
- New complex Junction system to compensate FF13-2 monster capture system, you can get monster crystal as a battle drop, and then it can be junctioned to your character
- More dynamic and fluid Eidolons battle
- Up to 5 players co-op, each player control one character in battle
- No more "sudoku-puzzles", there can only be smart environment-related-puzzles (i.e. God of War series, Uncharted series, Mario games, Tomb Raider, etc.)
- Combat oriented, strong and emotional story
- FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV, FMV

I applause you for wanting more of Junction system. No sarcasm.
#4supereerikPosted 9/17/2012 8:28:44 AM
I think you should go play your precious God of War games instead. You don't have the mental capacity to criticize FF.
"more fluid". lolol what?
---
My ridiculously brave ranking order of Final Fantasy games:
FFX=FFVII>FFXIII-2=FFVIII>FFIX=FFX-2=FFXIII>>>>FFXII
#5rktn_odin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 8:29:00 AM
TehAssasin posted...
I applause you for wanting more of Junction system. No sarcasm.

I love Junction system from FF8, also primarily because of the superb GF system :)

I don't know, I just love each FF gameplay signature! Even the monster capture system from my "quite-hated" FF13-2.
---
#6rktn_odin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 8:37:32 AM(edited)
supereerik posted...
I think you should go play your precious God of War games instead. You don't have the mental capacity to criticize FF.

Dude? What's wrong with better and enhanced control? Do you want to play 3D game using D-Pad without be able to move along with the direction of analog stick? If so, then maybe you don't have the mental capacity to think about game design in higher perspective. Oh wait, is it because you just start playing FF from 7? Yes it must be. Damn, kids these days.
---
#7supereerikPosted 9/17/2012 8:47:27 AM
rktn_odin posted...
supereerik posted...

Dude? What's wrong with better and enhanced control? Do you want to play 3D game using D-Pad without be able to move along with the direction of analog stick? If so, then maybe you don't have the mental capacity to think about game design in higher perspective. Oh wait, is it because you just start playing FF from 7? Yes it must be. Damn, kids these days.

Your post is the equivalent to a 5-year old writing to Santa and could be summarized by "moer better game pls and God of War" without actually pointing out how to improve it. And lol @ 5 characters on one team idea. Anyway. Thumbs down, horrible OP.
---
My ridiculously brave ranking order of Final Fantasy games:
FFX=FFVII>FFXIII-2=FFVIII>FFIX=FFX-2=FFXIII>>>>FFXII
#8FulvipPosted 9/17/2012 9:15:54 AM
Many of what you've written goes against what was already presented.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: Darksiders II, BoF IV, Miles Edgeworth Investigations, doing text insert on MEI2.
#9Elice_CarolPosted 9/17/2012 9:40:33 AM
ONLY LIGHTNING IS PLAYABLE.

Christ, you should know this already if you bothered to look the game up beforehand. All you can hope for now regarding that are AI comrades.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#10Rose_MagePosted 9/17/2012 10:30:52 AM
This game contains LIGHTNING and you can be happy with that.
---
Smile and the WORLD will smile with you!
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress