POLL: Which Final Fantasy has THE Best Music for its Time?

#1Reginleif20Posted 9/19/2012 5:45:05 AM
Which Final Fantasy has THE Best Music for its Time? - Results (188 votes)
Final Fantasy I
0.53% (1 votes)
Final Fantasy II
0.53% (1 votes)
Final Fantasy III
0% (0 votes)
Final Fantasy IV
3.19% (6 votes)
Final Fantasy V
1.6% (3 votes)
Final Fantasy VI
23.4% (44 votes)
Final Fantasy VII
21.81% (41 votes)
Final Fantasy VIII
20.21% (38 votes)
Final Fantasy IX
14.89% (28 votes)
Other - Kindly post, "Other: <insert FF here>"
13.83% (26 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Feel free to explain and discuss your vote. If you voted for "Other", kindly post "Other: <insert FF here>"
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#2kupo1705Posted 9/19/2012 5:47:06 AM
For its time?

Anyway, FFVI has the best soundtrack so I choose that.
#3ValcristPLPosted 9/19/2012 5:49:40 AM
Dark World, Serpent Trench, Another world of Beasts, Cyan's theme, Locke's theme, Kefka's theme, Searching for Friends...

Assault, Challenge, Seymour theme, Seymour's ambition, unsent Laugh, Someday the dream will end, Otherworld, Phantoms...

Yeah, I vote Other: FFX.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ <--- The Quitting Returners.
#4LazarusWolfPosted 9/19/2012 5:50:36 AM
FFVIII's is the most memorable for me.
---
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
#5kupo1705Posted 9/19/2012 5:52:55 AM
Also, this poll fails for not including FFX.
#6DragoonGriffithPosted 9/19/2012 5:59:24 AM(edited)
For it's time, FFVI definitely.

How many games had such a varied OST back then? Maybe CT?

Anyway, FFX has great songs, though I do feel that most of them are compromised from the same themes (especially, To Zanarkand and Yuna's Theme, which are mirrored in other tracks).

Those two would be my favorites in the FF series.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), RDR, Wild ARMs 2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
#7ValcristPLPosted 9/19/2012 6:00:36 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
For it's time, FFVI definitely.

How many games had such a varied OST back then? Maybe CT?

Anyway, FFX has great songs, though I do feel that most of them are compromised from the same themes (especially, To Zanarkand and Yuna's Theme, which are mirrored in other tracks).

Those two would be my favorites in the FF series.

Same here, but I prefer X ost. But just a bit. And I mean really, just a bit. If Fleeting Dream and Phantoms were not on X's ost, I would prefer VI ost.
---
Official Lezard Valeth.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/ <--- The Quitting Returners.
#8DragoonGriffithPosted 9/19/2012 6:02:54 AM
Oh, and I forgot FFIX's OST. Probably my favourite tune along with Celes' Theme is Rose of May.

And Fleeting dream is indeed awesome.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), RDR, Wild ARMs 2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
#9M1AstrayPosted 9/19/2012 6:04:14 AM
Voted "Other", because (and this is going to be controversial) I'm going to say XIII-2. Yeah, you read that right. But if you put aside the rabid hate for a moment you can see that the OST for XIII-2 is stunning, and while about 8 or so tracks are dire for every dire track you have something like Chaotic Guardian, All or Nothing, and so on. It also took the music in a fresh and new direction and did it well (most of the time) while also including the sorts of tracks one expects from a FF game.

I therefore consider it not only a stunning addition to the franchise, but one of the finest OST's of the generation.

Also, excluding XIII and XIII-2 on the damn board for it's sequel is silly tc, especially when you included options almost nobody will pick suck as I, II, and III (because those would refer to the originals, not the remakes).

kupo1705 posted...
For its time?

It means for when it was released. Because no retro soundtrack when directly compared to something like, say, XIII's, can even hope to offer the same detail and level of polish to it's music.

Just like how VII by today's standards would be trash if it were a newly released game, but for it's time it was revolutionary and still receives a large amount of respect for that.
#10CheckDaMicPosted 9/19/2012 6:10:26 AM(edited)
Born Anew and Fighting Fate hit me hard. It had been a while since i played a RPG. FF10 to be exact.

EDIT - One Winged Angel was also crazy to hear 10 years later. I had forgotten about that till it came out on PSN.