POLL: THE Best Battle System

#81MasterRaphPosted 11/28/2012 7:40:39 AM
Wow, shocked X-2 has this much support, don't think it was that special at all. What made it so great? just because you could change jobs during battle? i don't remember feeling the need to switch to win battles like you do in XIII, mostly just flavor. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Objectively, i think XIII has to take it. Some actual difficulty, and you actually have to think sometimes, just more engaging in general.
#82Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:27:49 PM
Ultima_Lord posted...
I voted X-2. The game itself wasn't amazing, but I felt the battle system was just right.

XIII's battle system could potentially be a step in the right direction, but it's just not done right yet; faster pacing DOES NOT EQUAL better. Frankly I'm amazed so many people favor it. Kids these days.

It's one of the few things X-2 did right
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#83Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:51:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#84Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 3:29:45 PM
#85Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 8:27:27 PM
#86ExtremeLightPosted 12/12/2012 8:33:03 PM
MasterRaph posted...
Wow, shocked X-2 has this much support, don't think it was that special at all. What made it so great? just because you could change jobs during battle? i don't remember feeling the need to switch to win battles like you do in XIII, mostly just flavor. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Objectively, i think XIII has to take it. Some actual difficulty, and you actually have to think sometimes, just more engaging in general.

I think X-2 system was meant to be more fun to fit the story. Because I think a CTS would make the game seem longer. It was a new battle system at the time too and also a model for 13 battle system.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.