Lightning's Saga fansite - no trolls!

#101Asuka2013(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 1:52:04 AM
OEIO999 posted...
Asuka2013 posted...
_BTT_ posted...
I would, but skimming the forums already gives me horrible feelings. The somewhat iron-fisted, black-and-white morality you, as the site owner, show already is troubling to say the least. Creating a more friendly environment than here is something I can get behind; tyranny, even for good, isn't.

Tyranny? I'm sad to see you don't like the idea of the site, which is indeed to be place for all Final Fantasy fans to hang out without troublesome trolls, but your lack of evidence disturbs me. I give the members a lot of freedom. As long as they have a good time, I'm happy. And if someone gets a little wild, then I give them a "gentle reminder", if you will.

Haha, the comments of a future dictator. I salute you sir, you have more cohone's than half the people on this board. So don't worry, i shall keep your plans for "forum domination" a secret. Oh and I'll also spread the word of your support for 'freedom-of-speech' and 'having a good time' *wink* *wink*

And so the child goes off the deep end. I'm female, by the way; despite what most think.
Keep going. It's quite humorous how much you've pulled out of nothing.
---
You can fly me to the moon, Bayonetta!
#102_BTT_Posted 10/4/2012 10:05:41 PM
_BTT_ posted...
I would, but skimming the forums already gives me horrible feelings. The somewhat iron-fisted, black-and-white morality you, as the site owner, show already is troubling to say the least. Creating a more friendly environment than here is something I can get behind; tyranny, even for good, isn't.

Tyranny? I'm sad to see you don't like the idea of the site, which is indeed to be place for all Final Fantasy fans to hang out without troublesome trolls, but your lack of evidence disturbs me. I give the members a lot of freedom. As long as they have a good time, I'm happy. And if someone gets a little wild, then I give them a "gentle reminder", if you will.

I have all the evidence I need. Your responses to Leaferian in the "Lightning's Saga Story Discussion" are enough for me. Leaferian may have been blunt but was FAR from disrespectful, and yet simply the tone he took, which you must remember is nearly impossible to tell and very much so up to interpretation in this environment and requires a fair degree of leeway, was enough for you to chastise him. The conversation was nowhere near discourteous or rude, and any misunderstanding was YOUR FAULT via ignorance and a lack of willingness to be open-minded. That, to me, is the first warning, and will set a precedent across the site. A precedent for harsh attitudes towards even the slightest suggestion of negativity, and where without some devil's advocacy or clashing of ideas and opinions, neither or which are inherently negative or evil, is interesting conversation?

I'm all for the idea of a Utopian society that graciously accepts and allows free conversation and open minds, but there's a reason it doesn't work, and you needn't strive so much for it lest you destroy the society. GameFAQs is the hive of scum and villiany that it is because of poor moderators and site structure. A smaller site with a dedicated collection of admins and moderators will do fine to protect the sanctity of the site from blatant trolling, rude mouths, and fierce negativity, but the feudal, fascist rule that is already creeping into the site is an unhealthy environment for any form of free and comfortable speech.
---
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will The Hero rise again? Or will Darkness reign? ~ Zelda TP Trailer 1
#103belts24Posted 10/4/2012 10:18:04 PM
Cool! Time to get trollin'.
---
big money goes around the world
#104OEIO999Posted 10/4/2012 11:05:18 PM
belts24 posted...
Cool! Time to get trollin'.

Amen, to that brother ;)