Toriyama wrote all the character development of Aerith in FFVII.

#71TorgoForeverPosted 10/3/2012 6:25:29 PM
Galvanization posted...
TorgoForever posted...
Galvanization posted...
Toriyama is the best employee still at Square Enix.

Ito left?

Ito? Never heard of him. Oh, wait! I know, that's the guy that cleans Toriyama's shoes when he walks in the office and flushes the toilet after Toriyama finishes using it.

Ito is worthless.

Lemme try again: Hiroyuki Ito. Or Itou.

This doesn't sound like you at all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS
#72Corbenik888Posted 10/3/2012 6:30:00 PM
TorgoForever posted...
Galvanization posted...
TorgoForever posted...
Galvanization posted...
Toriyama is the best employee still at Square Enix.

Ito left?

Ito? Never heard of him. Oh, wait! I know, that's the guy that cleans Toriyama's shoes when he walks in the office and flushes the toilet after Toriyama finishes using it.

Ito is worthless.

Lemme try again: Hiroyuki Ito. Or Itou.

This doesn't sound like you at all.

Remember. Gal is a troll
#73GenjiRedPosted 10/3/2012 6:37:27 PM
Wakizashi_513 posted...
GenjiRed posted...
I'm really curious what's going through Kitase, Nojima, Nomura and Kato's minds right now. They seems to be slowly fading into the mist as Toriyama reveals that they were all his personas.

Relax there buddy, all of them are doing their own stuff.

Really buddy, it was just a joke.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#74SandOnMyBootPosted 10/3/2012 6:54:02 PM
I have my doubts about the validity of this, but even so, I wouldn't be surprised. Aerith had probably the smallest range of emotions out of all the FF7 main characters, and there was such little time to actually give her any real development (the game's timeline puts her death about 1 week after the game begins).
#75ChicagoTed_Posted 10/3/2012 7:02:39 PM
Aerith had very little character development. In fact, Aerith's character development was so scarce, that they had to resort to having her act as cute and innocent as possible, so that we would feel something when she died.

This is not character development, it's a writing trick that makes a character one dimensional on purpose. In almost every case of this, the writers know ahead of time they're doing it to kill off the character.

It's the same reason you shouldn't kill off a character at the beginning of a story; we haven't got time to know them, so we feel nothing. It's a waste.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#76BIGFELLAH26Posted 10/3/2012 7:38:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#77BIGFELLAH26Posted 10/3/2012 7:47:45 PM
ChicagoTed_ posted...
Aerith had very little character development. In fact, Aerith's character development was so scarce, that they had to resort to having her act as cute and innocent as possible, so that we would feel something when she died.

This is not character development, it's a writing trick that makes a character one dimensional on purpose. In almost every case of this, the writers know ahead of time they're doing it to kill off the character.

It's the same reason you shouldn't kill off a character at the beginning of a story; we haven't got time to know them, so we feel nothing. It's a waste.

Really she had little character development? what version of VII did you play or did you even play it at all. She was a major influence in the game and a fair bit revolved around her.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#78The_Undying_84Posted 10/3/2012 7:55:34 PM
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
ChicagoTed_ posted...

Really she had little character development? what version of VII did you play or did you even play it at all. She was a major influence in the game and a fair bit revolved around her.

Character development means the character changes in some way throughout the story, not that they're important to the plot. Aside from going from alive to dead, Aeris hardly changes at all.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#79murdochAVPosted 10/3/2012 7:58:55 PM
Iampony1 posted...
Romangelo posted...
FFX alone can make Toriyama the best writer in the planet earth history.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/bluinkalchemist/George_RR_Martin.jpg

to bad hes getting close to the tombstone

Why does everyone always act like he's gonna die any minute? He's only mid-sixties, doesn't have cancer or anything... could easily live another 10-20 years.

(10-20 years won't finish a Song of Ice and Fire at his rate, though...)
#80drakor180Posted 10/3/2012 8:32:49 PM
It pissed me off when Aeris died because I spent so much time leveling her up.
---
IX>IV>VII>VI>III>I>X>V>VIII>XII>XIII>II
FFXI and FFXIV can die in a fire.