Honest commentary on the fanbase

#11TheBestGman2007Posted 10/3/2012 10:00:10 PM
Corbenik888 posted...
TheBestGman2007 posted...
A medal... someone needs to give this man.

*accepts*

Good, it's nice to see some common sense on this forum. Gamer entitlement is out-of-control this generation.
---
Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even come close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried.- Vanille
Official Vanille of the Lightning Returns board.
#12kupo1705Posted 10/3/2012 10:01:46 PM
Gamer entitlement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
#13TheBestGman2007Posted 10/3/2012 10:02:43 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Gamer entitlement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

No, it does.
---
Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even come close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried.- Vanille
Official Vanille of the Lightning Returns board.
#14Corbenik888(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:04:37 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
This is bull crap. I'm sorry that I'm not lowering my standards just so I can sit there and say "GAMES ARE AMAZING I HATE IT WHEN THEY'RE CRITICIZED." If we don't criticize, nothing will improve. Yes, the FF fanbase is pretty terrible, but on the plus side, we will never get a game as linear and as restrictive as FFXIII from Square Enix ever again because of the fanbase's cries. And guess what? The more we complain about Toriyama, the more Square Enix will get a clue and realize that this guy is NOT good without a leash on him.

The complaining is justified, ESPECIALLY now when they are IGNORING the cries of the fanbase to release a goddamn game that isn't set in Cocoon and/or Pulse.

Oh, and XIII-2 was terrible and it was totally not up-to-par with other Final Fantasy games.

I'm talking about clamoring against a title that isn't even out. It's childish. Yes, from previous works we can see that Toriyama is a talentless hack that lucks into success from time to time, and that thus man needs to stop. But hey...might be good, doubt it, but still
#15CheckDaMicPosted 10/3/2012 10:06:41 PM
illuminati
#16theofficefan99Posted 10/3/2012 10:10:58 PM
Corbenik888 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
This is bull crap. I'm sorry that I'm not lowering my standards just so I can sit there and say "GAMES ARE AMAZING I HATE IT WHEN THEY'RE CRITICIZED." If we don't criticize, nothing will improve. Yes, the FF fanbase is pretty terrible, but on the plus side, we will never get a game as linear and as restrictive as FFXIII from Square Enix ever again because of the fanbase's cries. And guess what? The more we complain about Toriyama, the more Square Enix will get a clue and realize that this guy is NOT good without a leash on him.

The complaining is justified, ESPECIALLY now when they are IGNORING the cries of the fanbase to release a goddamn game that isn't set in Cocoon and/or Pulse.

Oh, and XIII-2 was terrible and it was totally not up-to-par with other Final Fantasy games.

I'm talking about clamoring against a title that isn't even out. It's childish. Yes, from previous works we can see that Toriyama is a talentless hack that lucks into success from time to time, and that thus man needs to stop. But hey...might be good, doubt it, but still

Uh, no, again, people have a right to complain. From the lack of quality releases, to the lack of ANY information on a whole bunch of games, to the milking of the Cocoon and Pulse games, to the LAME ASS presentation of this game, the complaints are all justified.

Also, XIII-2 was one of the laziest games I have played in a long time and that took them nearly 2 years to make, for some reason. This will only be worked on for a little over a year. I am definitely worried.

I also find it funny how they are AGAIN using their "going crazy with rectifying mistakes" method with this game. Some people complained about some of the party members in FFXIII? Here, you can't play as any of them in XIII-2. Oh, you guys are pissed that you don't play as Lightning? Here's a whole ****ing game where you only play as her.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#17Capitan_KidPosted 10/3/2012 10:11:18 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

FFX came out before 13 and it was just as if not even more so linear. Most FFs are linear. Theyve never been open world games. The world map just fools you into thinking you have some choice into where you wanna go but most of the time you dont. Either its impossible to go somewhere because mountains/water or the random monsters will kill you.You go to a town, you see a scene or two then head into a super linear dungeon. The only truly open world FFs are FF1 and FF12. Maybe FF5 too. 13-2 was awesome brah.
---
Not changing sig until I have sex.
Started 7/29/2012
#18Kingmichael1337Posted 10/3/2012 10:12:14 PM
whoa, is it opposite day

theofficefan99 is talking poop about ffxiii
---
the mods are watching me
#19Iampony1Posted 10/3/2012 10:13:53 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
whoa, is it opposite day

more like 13-2 and Lightning Returns and Square Enix lacking ears
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817
#20theofficefan99Posted 10/3/2012 10:20:33 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
whoa, is it opposite day

Re-enroll in high school or something and take courses that focus on reading comprehension because you desperately need it.

I never insulted Final Fantasy XIII. I love the game, but that doesn't mean I think it's God's gift to mankind and that it's perfect in every way. Do you have any game in mind that you think is perfect in every way? No? I thought so. XIII is incredibly linear and restrictive, at least for the first half of the game, and that's a fact.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin