Honest commentary on the fanbase

#51LolOkayPosted 10/4/2012 2:43:00 AM
Kagayaku08 posted...
i think its funny that FF9 is being called revolutionary when its whole point was to be a return to the older style in pre 7 FF games.

Fanbases suck because they don't realize just what their opinions are. That is, only their opinions as individuals. Why should SE consider Linearity a Flaw? Because a group of fans dont' like it? What about the fans who do? Why shaft them because you (general) can't enjoy the design? Where is the give here? No where. Everyone is correct and thats a recepie for chaos.

you can't please millions of people. There will never be any unity. When people cannot see beyond their own needs and try to super impose those needs on every one is is when you have problems. Its one thing to voice an opinion. its another to treat an opinion as the word of god.

thats what we have here in the FF fanbase. People overly emotional over their own opinions. They paint themselves as victims of a harsh, uncaring lover. And they aren't. they're just fans. SE don't go out their way to hate on the fans. But people swear that they are and swear that everyone (in the fanbase) feels the same way or, rather, they should feel that way.

i do not appreciate being told what is good for me in something as trivial as a video game. And its utterly laughable to say anything about the storylines in these games when nearly all post FF 5 final fantasies are written like Soap Operas and those before FF 5, didn't have much in the way of story at all.

When i look at this fanbase, all i see are people who are cursed to miss the point of gaming. And some will never catch the point of gaming. Its sad that gaming is a measure of status now rather than a personal escape from harsh reality. You know, something fun. But now, childish fun is just who has played the best FF game, who can point out all the "flaws" in under a minute, who played what game when and how much better it was then than now.Nobody can ever question logic because everyone is correct. Its like high school all over again.

its a shame a really. For me, high school was over in 2005 and didn't put with the bull**** then and sure as hell won't now.

*cries* GLORIOUS
#52kupo1705Posted 10/4/2012 2:45:23 AM
I'd like to complain about people who hold things up by complaining about people complaining.
It's about time something was done about it.
#53EminentFatePosted 10/4/2012 2:46:40 AM
kupo1705 posted...
I'd like to complain about people who hold things up by complaining about people complaining.

Yeah, let's just burn them on stakes.
#54heartlessprinnyPosted 10/4/2012 2:48:10 AM
kupo1705 posted...

But, but, your like doing it right now.
#55kupo1705Posted 10/4/2012 2:50:52 AM
heartlessprinny posted...
kupo1705 posted...

But, but, your like doing it right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
#56GambaKufuuPosted 10/4/2012 2:51:17 AM
LolOkay posted...
Kagayaku08 posted...
i think its funny that FF9 is being called revolutionary when its whole point was to be a return to the older style in pre 7 FF games.

Fanbases suck because they don't realize just what their opinions are. That is, only their opinions as individuals. Why should SE consider Linearity a Flaw? Because a group of fans dont' like it? What about the fans who do? Why shaft them because you (general) can't enjoy the design? Where is the give here? No where. Everyone is correct and thats a recepie for chaos.

you can't please millions of people. There will never be any unity. When people cannot see beyond their own needs and try to super impose those needs on every one is is when you have problems. Its one thing to voice an opinion. its another to treat an opinion as the word of god.

thats what we have here in the FF fanbase. People overly emotional over their own opinions. They paint themselves as victims of a harsh, uncaring lover. And they aren't. they're just fans. SE don't go out their way to hate on the fans. But people swear that they are and swear that everyone (in the fanbase) feels the same way or, rather, they shouldfeel that way.

i do not appreciate being told what is good for me in something as trivial as a video game. And its utterly laughable to say anything about the storylines in these games when nearly
all post FF 5 final fantasies are written like Soap Operas and those before FF 5, didn't havemuch in the way of story at all.
When i look at this fanbase, all i see are people who are cursed to miss the point of gaming. And some will never catch the point of gaming. Its sad that gaming is a measure of status now rather than a personal escape from harsh reality. You know, something
fun. But now, childish fun is just who has played the best FF game, who can pointout all the "flaws" in under a minute, who played what game when and how much better it was then than now.Nobody can ever question logic because everyone is correct. Its like high school all over again.

its a shame a really. For me, high school was over in 2005 and didn't put with the bull**** then and sure as hell won't now.

*cries* GLORIOUS

It ads up to my post on this topic aswell. Utterly brilliant! *standing ovation*

AND....... The victims are usually ignorant teenagers whos first FF game was probably FFX on the ps2. They never fully experienced FF NES era or pre PS2 era.
---
Do I HAVE to put something in my signature? Let me get back to you on that one.
#57mahroflcopterPosted 10/4/2012 3:07:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#58King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/4/2012 4:02:08 AM(edited)
This is old, and the argument is illogical.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#59RomangeloPosted 10/4/2012 4:05:35 AM
I like what Tekken director said to their spoiled brat fans...
---
X > V > T > VI > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#60ZvonarevaPosted 10/4/2012 4:06:31 AM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
A medal... someone needs to give this man.

Giving someone a medal for stating the obvious and something said ad nauseam?

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae279/Survive_Vent/Some%20Collection/SleepySuzumiya.gif
---
Bernkastel of all.