Honest commentary on the fanbase

#81theofficefan99Posted 10/4/2012 1:31:48 PM
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Oh, looks like I need to re-post my little XIII-2 laundry list of criticisms.

-Atrocious load times between areas
-Frequent screen-tearing, framerate dips, clipping issues, and people walking into one-another during cutscenes
-99% of the monsters in XIII-2 are shamelessly re-used from XIII
-CGI compared to XIII is super ugly
-Dialogue is usually really cheesy and cringe-worthy. "I'm here to protect the future... and I will!" "How very noble of you... but you shall die first!"
-Story is absolutely incomprehensible. Tons of nonsensical situations, paradoxes make no sense, the game, aside from Academia 4XX AF, does a very poor job of showcasing how changing the future changes the past, etc.
-Much of the story is stupid filler. The whole game is you randomly going to different locations and just fixing paradoxes hoping that you'll get to Lightning in the end.
-The story largely relies on an incompetent deity that we NEVER see, much of the story is left to the datalog (even moreso than Final Fantasy XIII), and the game uses ridiculously stupid plot points in order to increase the length of the game, such as a guardian not inheriting the Heart of Chaos if the guardian "has enough will."
-Serah and Noel are both incredibly bland
-Story is only 20 hours long
-Hands of Time is insanely awful. Randomly generated, 12-13 numbers, time limit.... absolutely awful, and not to mention uninspired. This goes for the tile puzzles and the "match the crystal" puzzles as well.
-You wanted mini-games and your next Gold Saucer? Here. You can WATCH chocobo races and play slots. We have half-assed card games for DLC.
-You wanted sidequests and many optional locations? Here. By the way, these locations have all only experienced seasonal changes despite hundreds of years of difference in terms of time.
-Battles are pathetically easy
-You rarely EVER have to stagger an enemy or paradigm shift
-Monsters actually limit your Paradigm Customization
-Capping the Crystarium is hilariously easy, as I capped it in 40 hours.
-Caius is a horrible villain. Overwrought voice acting, corny lines, ridiculous design, horrible motivation.
-Only two playable characters
-Lightning's character is destroyed. In XIII, she was a feisty woman who fought against fate and didn't want to be a slave to the gods. In XIII-2 she willingly becomes a slave of Etro despite her being literally DRAGGED by a black mist AKA chaos and being erased from history. Huh?

Lol, incorrect info like always.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#82roxas9001Posted 10/4/2012 1:35:40 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

-Frequent screen-tearing, framerate dips, clipping issues, and people walking into one-another during cutscenes
-Dialogue is usually really cheesy and cringe-worthy. "I'm here to protect the future... and I will!" "How very noble of you... but you shall die first!"
-Story is absolutely incomprehensible. Tons of nonsensical situations, paradoxes make no sense, the game, aside from Academia 4XX AF, does a very poor job of showcasing how changing the future changes the past, etc.
-Much of the story is stupid filler. The whole game is you randomly going to different locations and just fixing paradoxes hoping that you'll get to Lightning in the end.
-The story largely relies on an incompetent deity that we NEVER see, much of the story is left to the datalog (even moreso than Final Fantasy XIII), and the game uses ridiculously stupid plot points in order to increase the length of the game, such as a guardian not inheriting the Heart of Chaos if the guardian "has enough will."
-Hands of Time is insanely awful. Randomly generated, 12-13 numbers, time limit.... absolutely awful, and not to mention uninspired. This goes for the tile puzzles and the "match the crystal" puzzles as well.
-You wanted mini-games and your next Gold Saucer? Here. You can WATCH chocobo races and play slots. We have half-assed card games for DLC.
-You wanted sidequests and many optional locations? Here. By the way, these locations have all only experienced seasonal changes despite hundreds of years of difference in terms of time.
-Caius is a horrible villain. Overwrought voice acting, corny lines, ridiculous design, horrible motivation.
-Lightning's character is destroyed. In XIII, she was a feisty woman who fought against fate and didn't want to be a slave to the gods. In XIII-2 she willingly becomes a slave of Etro despite her being literally DRAGGED by a black mist AKA chaos and being erased from history. Huh?

Running because Im right :)
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
Official Snow Villiers of the Lightning Returns Board.
#83theofficefan99Posted 10/4/2012 5:27:18 PM
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Running? Me? lol no.

All you did was highlight certain parts of my post and claim that they were incorrect. You didn't put effort into your argument, so naturally, I didn't either. Learn how to argue or get lost.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#84chocolatesodaPosted 10/4/2012 5:41:11 PM(edited)
Generally, for companies that take constructive criticism into account, it's second nature to ignore exaggerations. If you take everything people say too personally, then you may share the fate of several BioWare employees. Luckily for SE, since they are aware of FF's growing fanbase, they will try hard to impress as many people as they can but won't let the disappointed minority drag them down. Of course, that's not saying they won't lend an ear to those with legitimate complaints.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#85roxas9001Posted 10/4/2012 6:16:10 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Running? Me? lol no.

All you did was highlight certain parts of my post and claim that they were incorrect. You didn't put effort into your argument, so naturally, I didn't either. Learn how to argue or get lost.

People have already explained to you about the bolded but being the hater that you are chose to ignore them.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
Official Snow Villiers of the Lightning Returns Board.
#86LionHeart48Posted 10/4/2012 6:17:35 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Im glad I didn't buy XIII-2.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > X > VIII > V > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII
#87Corbenik888(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:22:16 PM
Office, I love that list so much
#88Lelouch71Posted 10/4/2012 8:22:47 PM
Kagayaku08 posted...
i think its funny that FF9 is being called revolutionary when its whole point was to be a return to the older style in pre 7 FF games.

Fanbases suck because they don't realize just what their opinions are. That is, only their opinions as individuals. Why should SE consider Linearity a Flaw? Because a group of fans dont' like it? What about the fans who do? Why shaft them because you (general) can't enjoy the design? Where is the give here? No where. Everyone is correct and thats a recepie for chaos.

you can't please millions of people. There will never be any unity. When people cannot see beyond their own needs and try to super impose those needs on every one is is when you have problems. Its one thing to voice an opinion. its another to treat an opinion as the word of god.

thats what we have here in the FF fanbase. People overly emotional over their own opinions. They paint themselves as victims of a harsh, uncaring lover. And they aren't. they're just fans. SE don't go out their way to hate on the fans. But people swear that they are and swear that everyone (in the fanbase) feels the same way or, rather, they should feel that way.

i do not appreciate being told what is good for me in something as trivial as a video game. And its utterly laughable to say anything about the storylines in these games when nearly all post FF 5 final fantasies are written like Soap Operas and those before FF 5, didn't have much in the way of story at all.

When i look at this fanbase, all i see are people who are cursed to miss the point of gaming. And some will never catch the point of gaming. Its sad that gaming is a measure of status now rather than a personal escape from harsh reality. You know, something fun. But now, childish fun is just who has played the best FF game, who can point out all the "flaws" in under a minute, who played what game when and how much better it was then than now.Nobody can ever question logic because everyone is correct. Its like high school all over again.

its a shame a really. For me, high school was over in 2005 and didn't put with the bull**** then and sure as hell won't now.

I couldn't had said it any better myself. It's cool to see another class of 05 sharing my same opinion about this piece of crap of a fanbase.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#89Corbenik888(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 11:50:04 PM
Vekkerer posted...
- Well developed personalities of the characters?
- Fully fleshing out the world of Cocoon for the audience that plays it?
- A good interesting Story?
-- The Role playing?

Oh come on. How did the XIII games do anything of that well?
People can like bad things, that's totally cool. What's important is knowing the differences between good and bad. If you think that the world of Cocoon is 'fully fleshed out' for instance then you're obviously insane.

People are allowed to like Team Vanille more then they like Team Squall or Team Tidus or whatever, that's fine. But to say that the cast is better developed then earlier is just mental. Reality check needed.

>.>

Hey guess what I found. A judgemental post with no real critique. Told you you had done so
#90heartlessprinnyPosted 10/4/2012 11:51:08 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I couldn't had said it any better myself. It's cool to see another class of 05 sharing my same opinion about this piece of crap of a fanbase.

Pfff, class of 07 whoop whoop!