The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

"...The Most Complete And Polished Final Fantasy Ever"

#1Chaos-StrikerPosted 10/4/2012 7:15:36 AM
I'm probably not the first person to mention or post this about a recent Toriyama interview: http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/03/final-fantasy-anniversary-interview-toryiama-speaks/

...and I usually don't follow them like a shadow and try to be first commenter or something, but the minute I saw this quote...I thought "Bull. Freaking. Crap"

I don't see how that's possible with this being more-so an Action RPG with Lightning supposedly being the only controllable character. Yes, I'm still smarting about that fact. Why? Well let me tell you some of what that means for players who really enjoy the CSB in XIII and XIII-2:

--no more "actual" paradigms, a combination of two or more roles split between executable characters in the party. Example: in RotG, forget the no healing part, what was most bothering to me was trying to ravage (build chain guage) and defend at the same time from Caius' powerful attacks at a low level. Normally we'd have something like Delta Attack, Mystic Tower, or Solidarity paradigms for that part.

--feature all the customizations for Lightning you want--that doesn't change the fact that she's the only playable character and therefore a lack of diversity in your party and weapons (assuming she still only uses the gunblade). With a lack of party, the play of the game turns rather monotone if you ask me.

--basically, we lose 2 available ATB gauges when going to a single character. Even if the CSB is modified enough to accomodate that, it still sucks. It might even make battles easier, or rather, far less engaging for players.

Tell me, how is this going to make it the "most complete" Final Fantasy ever...?

/minor rant
---
~A different breed of gamer
#2DragoonGriffithPosted 10/4/2012 7:16:24 AM
You take Toriyama's words seriously?
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), Graces f, Wild ARMs 2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
#3ColonelGuilePosted 10/4/2012 7:17:07 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...

What possible reason does he have to lie?

And if he did, the other team members would be in an uproar which I don't see.
#4FtpkornPosted 10/4/2012 7:19:37 AM
They most likely meant polish as in complete opposite of skyrim bug-wise.
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.
#5MagiusNecrosPosted 10/4/2012 7:20:58 AM
ColonelGuile posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...

What possible reason does he have to lie?

And if he did, the other team members would be in an uproar which I don't see.

Or the other team members know he's the laughing stock of the company.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#6King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/4/2012 7:20:59 AM
They meant the disc would be nice and polished.

Honestly it makes sense for Big T to hype his game.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#7EnferolunosPosted 10/4/2012 7:21:32 AM
>_>
This game doesn't have RotG's battle system
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, Pokemon BW 2, Paper Mario: SS, Luigi's Mansion: DM, Animal Crossing 3D
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8ColonelGuilePosted 10/4/2012 7:24:52 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
Or the other team members know he's the laughing stock of the company.

If I designed a brand new car that runs on anti-matter, and someone else said they actually did and took the credit, you better believe I would be angry. The same goes for FF7 and FFX and someone WOULD come forward to expose Big T - which no one has done

Remember the rumors of Versus XIII being cancelled? That was immediately shot down by Wada himself...
#9Chaos-Striker(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:25:48 AM
Enferolunos posted...
>_>

No, but it has the same concept: one person doing all the work. Borrriinng and can be frustrating when trying to build a chain gauge while taking care to stay alive.
---
~A different breed of gamer
#10MagiusNecrosPosted 10/4/2012 7:27:45 AM
Chaos-Striker posted...
Enferolunos posted...
>_>

No, but it has the same concept: one person doing all the work. Borrriinng and can be frustrating when trying to build a chain gauge while taking care to stay alive.

Battle system should be scrapped.

Job system will be nonexistent.

Roles will be DLC.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board