The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

FFXV needs to be open world and have realistic character designs like a WRPG.

#1GalvanizationPosted 10/4/2012 3:05:50 PM
It shouldn't be as big as Skyrim, though. It should be a maximum 50% the size of Skyrim. However, it needs to be open world. Squenix need to imitate that design approach in order to get back mainstream interest. Also, it needs to make cities as big and populated as the ones in Assassin's Creed.

The character design needs to also change. The anime style needs to go and be replaced by a realistic style like WRPGs. I think Squenix were on the right path when they outsourced the artwork for Gyromancer. Here's some examples of Gyromancer's character design:

http://tinyurl.com/8kexckr

http://tinyurl.com/9oomj2y

It's worth noting that Hiroyuki Ito was credited as "Special Thanks" on Gyromancer. Maybe he had a say in what the character design was like and will be using a similar style for the characters in FFXV? Here's hoping! :)
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#2ilikeikeilikeikPosted 10/4/2012 3:08:52 PM
Didn't you say you were leaving?
---
Most wanted games:
Type-0, BD:FF, FE: Awakening, Project X Zone, Xillia, Xillia 2
#3LuBu1975Posted 10/4/2012 3:09:29 PM
"realistic character designs like a WRPG" you mean like when the developers are too lazy and make you do it yourself? No thanks.

Try again your arguments are getting weaker.
---
Playing: FFXIII (third time), Chrono Cross
Watching: Two and a Half Men. Reading: Malazan
#4Kingmichael1337Posted 10/4/2012 3:12:01 PM
50% the size of skyrim? more like the inverse of 50% the size of skyrim
---
the mods are watching me
#5Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:14:34 PM
ilikeikeilikeik posted...

The fact you believed that shows that I'm too successful at trolling. LOL! :)
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#6Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:17:00 PM
LuBu1975 posted...

You missed my point. I meant the characters should look realistic like they do in a WRPG. Look at the characters in Mass Effect compared to FFXIII? You can see that one is more realistic. Character creation systems have nothing to do with it.
---
#7ilikeikeilikeikPosted 10/4/2012 3:18:22 PM
Galvanization posted...
ilikeikeilikeik posted...

The fact you believed that shows that I'm too successful at trolling. LOL! :)

Well, bravo.
---
Most wanted games:
Type-0, BD:FF, FE: Awakening, Project X Zone, Xillia, Xillia 2
#8LuBu1975Posted 10/4/2012 3:26:31 PM
Galvanization posted...
LuBu1975 posted...

You missed my point. I meant the characters should look realistic like they do in a WRPG. Look at the characters in Mass Effect compared to FFXIII? You can see that one is more realistic. Character creation systems have nothing to do with it.

Fair enough but personally i hate that create your character bs. Any game that doesn't have a recognisable hero loses points in my view. Also XIIIs characters looked fine imo.
---
Playing: FFXIII (third time), Chrono Cross
Watching: Two and a Half Men. Reading: Malazan
#9MalakTawusPosted 10/4/2012 3:26:42 PM
No thanx, i absolutely don't want FF to copy from WRPGs too much.
A FF open world like Skyrim would affect the flow of the story way too much (even FFXII suffered a bit from this imo, and that game wasn't as open world as Skyrim).

.....and about char design FF is great as it is, i hope Agni will be one of the main char (if not THE main char) in FFXV, she was great imo.

The way SE described Versus is imo the max of open world that a FF should be.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#10FtpkornPosted 10/4/2012 3:38:49 PM
Are you saying that jrpgs should have females that look like males? No thanks.
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.