FFXV needs to be open world and have realistic character designs like a WRPG.

#71heartlessprinnyPosted 10/4/2012 10:05:49 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
heartlessprinny posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
It's clearly a WRPG inspired JRPG, just like pretty much every other Matsuno game. I apoligize for the low amount of acronyms contained within this post.

I don't really see it. The art style, the characters, the story... all very Japanese. The only WRPG thing about it is the fundamentals of the battle system. Then we have things like the Mist attacks and the Espers which aren't very WRPG-like.

The world design, the battle system, the clear European influence on the characters. Matsuno is mildly obsessed with Europe, if you ever played games like Ogre Battle, or Vagrant Stories this would become apparent. The political style story telling Matsuno is known for is a much more western style as well. Although in the case of FFXII it wasn't fleshed out entirely and Matsuno's touch is diminished compared to other games.

Europe doesn't equal western.

Politics aren't exclusive to western stories.

It's not a WRPG. It is very much a JRPG. Yes, there are WRPG elements in it, but that's about it. It's still very much a JRPG. The setting, the art style, the characters, the story, some parts of the battle system (Mist Attacks and Espers), having a non-traditional style of gaining abilities, the soundtrack, etc. etc. are all very different from the typical WRPG.

I said it was a JRPG. Just that it was at least in some part inspired by western rpgs, which even you seem to have conceded.

@Ftpkorn
Are you insinuating I'm galv's alt?
#72theofficefan99Posted 10/4/2012 10:05:13 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
It's clearly a WRPG inspired JRPG, just like pretty much every other Matsuno game. I apoligize for the low amount of acronyms contained within this post.

I don't really see it. The art style, the characters, the story... all very Japanese. The only WRPG thing about it is the fundamentals of the battle system. Then we have things like the Mist attacks and the Espers which aren't very WRPG-like.

The world design, the battle system, the clear European influence on the characters. Matsuno is mildly obsessed with Europe, if you ever played games like Ogre Battle, or Vagrant Stories this would become apparent. The political style story telling Matsuno is known for is a much more western style as well. Although in the case of FFXII it wasn't fleshed out entirely and Matsuno's touch is diminished compared to other games.

Europe doesn't equal western.

Politics aren't exclusive to western stories.

It's not a WRPG. It is very much a JRPG. Yes, there are WRPG elements in it, but that's about it. It's still very much a JRPG. The setting, the art style, the characters, the story, some parts of the battle system (Mist Attacks and Espers), having a non-traditional style of gaining abilities, the soundtrack, etc. etc. are all very different from the typical WRPG.

I said it was a JRPG. Just that it was at least in some part inspired by western rpgs, which even you seem to have conceded.

Well even before you contributed your two cents, I had already said that it contains WRPG elements.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#73heartlessprinnyPosted 10/4/2012 10:08:55 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Well even before you contributed your two cents, I had already said that it contains WRPG elements.

Then we had nothing to disagree about. Your the one that addressed me not the other way around. I was actually referencing galv saying it was a WRPG made in Japan, and making the distinction that it was in fact a JRPG with some WRPG inspiration.
#74theofficefan99Posted 10/4/2012 10:10:30 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Then we had nothing to disagree about. Your the one that addressed me not the other way around. I was actually referencing galv saying it was a WRPG made in Japan, and making the distinction that it was in fact a JRPG with some WRPG inspiration.

Erm, actually, you're the one who responded to my post... >.>

Anyways, it's cool.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#75heartlessprinnyPosted 10/4/2012 10:11:34 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Anyways, it's cool.

My original post did not have any quotes.
#76theofficefan99Posted 10/4/2012 10:13:28 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Anyways, it's cool.

My original post did not have any quotes.

Wait nevermind, I somehow missed your original post. My bad. Oh well, it's cool.
---
#77The_Undying_84Posted 10/4/2012 10:54:06 PM
I don't want FF to have one big over world like Skyrim (except, you know, a world map), but being able to openly explore everything in the world throughout the game and having some large individual areas (so, like every FF before XIII) is good. Realistic character designs, sure I guess, don't really care, my problem with XIII's character is their personalities, not their appearance.

Also people saying Skyrim's women look like men: FF has the same problem with men looking like women. They can't make a male character under 35 look like a man beyond putting facial hair on them.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#78jfielding95Posted 10/5/2012 3:14:09 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
I don't want FF to have one big over world like Skyrim (except, you know, a world map), but being able to openly explore everything in the world throughout the game and having some large individual areas (so, like every FF before XIII) is good. Realistic character designs, sure I guess, don't really care, my problem with XIII's character is their personalities, not their appearance.

Also people saying Skyrim's women look like men: FF has the same problem with men looking like women. They can't make a male character under 35 look like a man beyond putting facial hair on them.

I can tell the difference between the two genders just fine.
#79FtpkornPosted 10/5/2012 3:21:09 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...

Aslong as the females look female idc lol
---
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.