Why, Square, why?

#31Jude_MathisPosted 10/5/2012 9:10:34 AM
That's okay, I'm gonna have very much fun with everyone in Xillia 2, even the returning cast ;)

WOHKAY I'M DERAILING THIS TOPIC TOO

I gotta stop spreading my Tales love around here, I derail everythingggg.
---
"I have ties with the mysterious, like with the spirits of the four elements, or with their Lord, somehow." - Jude Mathis.
#32mahroflcopterPosted 10/5/2012 9:10:35 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
Why won't you release Versus and Final Fantasy X HD?

Instead we're getting another XIII main series game and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX

We haven't even seen anything from FF X HD, as far as I know, but we have a trailer and screenshots of KH 1.5 HD. We haven't had anything from Versus, aside from confirmation that it is still alive, but we have Lightning Returns that is already 30+% complete.

I like Kingdom Hearts, and I liked XIII-2 and from the news, Lightning Returns will look good, somewhat. But I would much rather have Versus and X HD. At least give us a screen shot of FF X HD, it was announced over a year ago and Versus was announced almost 6 and a half years ago. I was 11 then. This is ridiculous.

People really think that Versus XIII is still coming? Come on guys. As mentioned, it's been in development for 6 1/2 years and with planning stages included it has been well over 7 1/2 years. There is no release date in site, any promises about showing off gameplay are now almost 2 years late, Square Enix keeps giving none answers in regards to when information will be released ("Please wait a little longer", "Some time this year", "Not until it feels like a true Final Fantasy", "Please have a little more patience", "something unrelated came up, so we can't talk about it now...", etc), the only gameplay video we have seen was rather rudimentary, and now we haven't heard a single word about Versus XIII in 2 years. This game has either been shelved, is going through some major problems, or is being delayed due to sheer incompence. If we end up getting it, it probably won't be anything to write home about.

*in sight*
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
#33mahroflcopterPosted 10/5/2012 9:13:20 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

Instead we're getting another XIII main series game and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX

We haven't even seen anything from FF X HD, as far as I know, but we have a trailer and screenshots of KH 1.5 HD. We haven't had anything from Versus, aside from confirmation that it is still alive, but we have Lightning Returns that is already 30+% complete.

I like Kingdom Hearts, and I liked XIII-2 and from the news, Lightning Returns will look good, somewhat. But I would much rather have Versus and X HD. At least give us a screen shot of FF X HD, it was announced over a year ago and Versus was announced almost 6 and a half years ago. I was 11 then. This is ridiculous.

People really think that Versus XIII is still coming? Come on guys. As mentioned, it's been in development for 6 1/2 years and with planning stages included it has been well over 7 1/2 years. There is no release date in site, any promises about showing off gameplay are now almost 2 years late, Square Enix keeps giving none answers in regards to when information will be released ("Please wait a little longer", "Some time this year", "Not until it feels like a true Final Fantasy", "Please have a little more patience", "something unrelated came up, so we can't talk about it now...", etc), the only gameplay video we have seen was rather rudimentary, and now we haven't heard a single word about Versus XIII in 2 years. This game has either been shelved, is going through some major problems, or is being delayed due to sheer incompence. If we end up getting it, it probably won't be anything to write home about.

*in sight*

*non-answers*
---
#34Jude_MathisPosted 10/5/2012 9:15:39 AM
mahroflcopter posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

*in sight*

*non-answers*

The suspense is killing me!!
---
"I have ties with the mysterious, like with the spirits of the four elements, or with their Lord, somehow." - Jude Mathis.
#35mahroflcopterPosted 10/5/2012 9:24:15 AM
Jude_Mathis posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

*in sight*

*non-answers*

The suspense is killing me!!

Well, they've promise they'd "start talking about Versus sometime in 2013). Since it has also been confirmed that Square is focusing everything on LR and XIV 2.0, I guess you'll be in suspense for another full year or so. This game, if we actually get it, probably won't be out until 2014... a full 8 years after announcement and a full 9 years after it was first thought up.
---
#36King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/5/2012 9:32:54 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
You left out Type-0. You know, the only actual Final Fantasy game that didn't suck in the last 7 years?

Never going to see western shores.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#37mahroflcopterPosted 10/5/2012 9:35:25 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
You left out Type-0. You know, the only actual Final Fantasy game that didn't suck in the last 7 years?

We haven't had a localization announcement and its been out in Japan for going on 14 months. This, added with the fact that Type-0 is on a dead system that is also pirated to hell over in the west basically means we'll never see an official release.
---
#38Rose_MagePosted 10/5/2012 9:39:54 AM
Bravely Default : Flying Fairy~
---
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l