Will this be the worst selling FF game ever?

#41leopardsnakePosted 10/6/2012 11:52:41 AM
Not a lot of things are universally hated, she's hated, just not universally.

I, personally found her okay. Not as good as Fang or Sazh.
---
People who don't like FFVII are called contrarians.
#42VersusCancelled(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 11:58:02 AM
gwoodtamu posted...
VersusCancelled posted...
AngkorVat posted...
I meant least liked MAIN character (protagonist.) Not least liked character of all time, although she is down there on that list as well.

you do realize pretty much everyone adores Lightning? And why not, just look at all the other protagonists... Cloud, Squall, Tidus etc.

No, they don't. You does not = everyone. You = minority.

And why would someone dislike Cloud or Tidus? Why would someone over the age of 18 (or whoever has finished puberty) dislike Squall?

You have yet to provide us the "polls" that show that she is universally hated. Question, if she was universally hated, then why was there such an outcry when she wasn't playable in XIII-2? Curious.

Burden of proof falls on you to prove people love Lightning. Even if polls didn't show that Lightning sucked, it's commonsense. All one has to do is read fan commentary on FF13/FNC/FF13-2/FF13LR/FFv13 and there's lots of Lightning bashing in all of those areas. Rightly so.
#43servb0tsPosted 10/6/2012 12:20:04 PM
Probably not the Worst but some people are sick of FFXIII series and want it to end.
---
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
#44VanilleHopenPosted 10/6/2012 12:36:39 PM
some stupid crab in ff vi just turned me to stone while i was in the house sabin was holding up with celes in tzen and gave me a game over..

UM WTF.. if you only give me one character dont give monsters status ailments that can annihalte you without a warning.. you stupid fricking idiots..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#45Rose_MagePosted 10/6/2012 1:03:14 PM
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
Nope.

And your name sucks.

I laughed.
---
Ranks ~ Team Rocket Executive, Sol Enchantress
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#46FireMage7777Posted 10/6/2012 1:41:01 PM
AngkorVat posted...
I meant least liked MAIN character (protagonist.) Not least liked character of all time, although she is down there on that list as well.

you do realize pretty much everyone adores Lightning? And why not, just look at all the other protagonists... Cloud, Squall, Tidus etc.

And why would someone dislike Cloud or Tidus? Why would someone over the age of 18 (or whoever has finished puberty) dislike Squall?

Horrible character development would be a reason to dislike Squall
---
Is for some reason playing through the G.U. trilogy
#47Wakizashi_513Posted 10/6/2012 1:43:34 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
AngkorVat posted...

He doesnt horrible character development, just horrible reasoning for being a douche.
#48FireMage7777Posted 10/6/2012 1:49:34 PM
Wakizashi_513 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
AngkorVat posted...

He doesnt horrible character development, just horrible reasoning for being a douche.

He pulls a 180 for a chick with no points of development between that 180. So yeah, horrible character development
---
Is for some reason playing through the G.U. trilogy
#49heartlessprinnyPosted 10/6/2012 1:58:16 PM(edited)
FireMage7777 posted...
He pulls a 180 for a chick with no points of development between that 180. So yeah, horrible character development

I pull 180s for chicks all the time, hardly unreasonable.

Girl 1: It's wrong to eat other living things!
Me: I know that's why I'm a vegan and member of PETA!

Girl 2: I can't believe some people don't eat meat, it's so yummy!
Me: I know right, don't they realize we are meant to eat animals.

Girl 3: You have to get right with Jesus, if you want to get into heaven.
Me: I know, some people just don't realize how great JC is! (said while staring at breasts)

Girl 4: Religious people are so stupid! Why do they always act so high and mighty?
Me: Totally, it's like they can't think for themselves. They need a book to tell them what to do.
#50mahroflcopterPosted 10/6/2012 2:00:24 PM
gwoodtamu posted...
AngkorVat posted...

You have yet to provide us the "polls" that show that she is universally hated. Question, if she was universally hated, then why was there such an outcry when she wasn't playable in XIII-2? Curious.

Burden of proof falls on you to prove people love Lightning. Even if polls didn't show that Lightning sucked, it's commonsense. All one has to do is read fan commentary on FF13/FNC/FF13-2/FF13LR/FFv13 and there's lots of Lightning bashing in all of those areas. Rightly so.

http://www.psu.com/a016184/Top-5-most-requested-Final-Fantasy-characters-for-PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale

http://andriasang.com/comzdg/ffxiii_character_rank/

http://www.1up.com/news/snake-beats-mario-coolest-video

There was also a facebook poll that showed the majority of the fanbase looking forward to seeing Lightning the most in XIII-2.

Like it or not, she's popular. If we were to go based off of how much hate a character gets in the forums, we'd be led to believe that Cloud is one of the most hated characters of all time because "he's an emo whiney ***". Squall and Tidus would also be terrible characters based off of forum reception.
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"