Explain to me

#11Prpl_MerunicornPosted 10/6/2012 1:29:45 AM
They are both awful, it's just Nomua is a little bit less awful.
---
The homunculus of ValcristPL.
#12theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 1:30:28 AM
Prpl_Merunicorn posted...

Well to be fair Toriyama had a big hand in FFX and Nomura didn't aside from artwork, IIRC.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13Prpl_MerunicornPosted 10/6/2012 1:36:02 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Prpl_Merunicorn posted...

Well to be fair Toriyama had a big hand in FFX and Nomura didn't aside from artwork, IIRC.

Toriyama also tarnished PE and FM. So lending a hand in a good game is erased by destroying two good games beyond recognition.
---
#14LenneValkiryePosted 10/6/2012 1:55:28 AM
Toriyama has more creative writing, but "creative" doesn't always equal to "popular".
Nomura is more consistent, but he tends to fall on generic cliches ("light vs darkness", "save the girl", "doomed starting village", etc.) and most of his characters have horrible design... I'm sick of bishonens, asymmetrical clothes, belts and zippers.
Overall I prefer Toriyama.
#15Prpl_MerunicornPosted 10/6/2012 1:56:36 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Toriyama has more creative writing, but "creative" doesn't always equal to "popular".
Nomura is more consistent, but he tends to fall on generic cliches ("light vs darkness", "save the girl", "doomed starting village", etc.) and most of his characters have horrible design... I'm sick of bishonens, asymmetrical clothes, belts and zippers.

Notice how LenneIcan'tspellValkyrie appears along with Snowx.

The guy never left us, he was just using an alt account.
---
#16_Snowx_Posted 10/6/2012 1:59:43 AM
LenneValkirye posted...

Woah woah woah... am I actually reading a post about Toriyama not written by me that makes sense?
I'm glad to see that someone else other than me can write "Toriyama" without having his/her IQ reduced to single digits. Perhaps there is still hope for this fanbase.
#17Prpl_MerunicornPosted 10/6/2012 2:00:46 AM
_Snowx_ posted...
LenneValkirye posted...

Woah woah woah... am I actually reading a post about Toriyama not written by me that makes sense?
I'm glad to see that someone else other than me can write "Toriyama" without having his/her IQ reduced to single digits. Perhaps there is still hope for this fanbase.

Lol.

The dude is actually talking to himself xD
---
#18Elice_CarolPosted 10/6/2012 10:42:25 AM
Nomura's writing has to be bad, I understand XIII to theorize it, but I can't make head nor tail of KH. The random Disney and FF/TWEWY characters don't help one bit, it's a horrible mish-mash of fail and I hate it.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#19BlueDragmirePosted 10/6/2012 10:46:10 AM
I at least like Nomura's characters. Organization XIII, the main three heroes, these were cool people who I actually cared about. He really needs to get his crap in line though, because Kingdom Hearts is spiraling into a gigantic clusterfail. And at least until 3D, I understood Kingdom Hearts' storyline.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
#20theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 10:56:11 AM
Well even before 3D the dialogue was the most cringe-worthy in gaming history and the characters were still cardboard thin and the story was still lame and followed no rules.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin