Are you ready for 80% of everything to be explained through Datalogs again?

#11TheBestGman2007Posted 10/6/2012 6:54:57 PM
Hitzkolpf posted...

It's right there in your sig that you're the official Vanille. Why would I have to read the Datalog to find that out?

Because appernetly you have to read it to figure out anything else.
---
Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even come close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried.- Vanille
Official Vanille of the Lightning Returns board.
#12Hitzkolpf(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 6:57:27 PM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...

It's right there in your sig that you're the official Vanille. Why would I have to read the Datalog to find that out?

Sure, put words in my mouth. Here, I'll put a word in your mouth as well:

*apparently.
#13TheBestGman2007Posted 10/6/2012 6:59:23 PM
Hitzkolpf posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...

*apparently.

I didn't put any words in your mouth, you said you needed to read the datalog to understand what was happening 80% of the time. Couple that with fact you bumped your post after 2 replies, I think you set yourself up.
---
Maybe we'd fall short. Maybe we'd never even come close. But someone, someday, would know we'd tried.- Vanille
Official Vanille of the Lightning Returns board.
#14Hitzkolpf(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 7:04:56 PM
Hitzkolpf posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...

*apparently.

I didn't put any words in your mouth, you said you needed to read the datalog to understand what was happening 80% of the time. Couple that with fact you bumped your post after 2 replies, I think you set yourself up.

The topic is on the LR board. LR is a sequel to XIII-2 and XIII. XIII and XIII-2 used the Datalog.

Anyone without a disability would be able to connect the dots that "80% of everything" refers to everything about the game. Not everything in general.
#15OEIO999Posted 10/6/2012 7:06:55 PM
XII, would NOT have worked so well, if it were implemented in just texts
#16King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/6/2012 8:13:27 PM(edited)
If you have to use Datalogs to tell and explain the narrative, then you are doing something wrong. Show, and not just tell.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#17TorgoForeverPosted 10/6/2012 8:12:02 PM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
If you have to use Datalogs to tell and explain the narriative, then you are doing something wrong. Show, and not just tell.

QFT
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendsonydo?feature=mhee
oFFiciAL ToRgO and tOMmy wiSEaU oF tHE qUIttinG REturneRS
#18roxas9001Posted 10/6/2012 8:58:41 PM
Doesn't bother me
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
Official Snow Villiers of the Lightning Returns Board.
#19Wakizashi_513Posted 10/6/2012 9:08:08 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=TbgwqMFdDbU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTbgwqMFdDbU
#20_Snowx_Posted 10/7/2012 1:43:00 AM
Barely 10% of what you really needed to know to fully (emphasis on "fully" - I'm talking about the lore, gods and that kind of stuff. You DON'T need to read the datalog if you only care about the characters and the general plot) understand the story was in the datalog in the first game and I dodn't remember ever reading it until the post-game in FFXIII-2 because there was no need to.
Either way, what's the matter? Didn't you enjoy reading a lot before voice acting became a staple in FF? Or are you too lazy for that now?