Why did Skyrim sell more than FFXIII?

#41meteor9898Posted 10/7/2012 2:44:51 AM
Yeah, but as of this gen, WRPGs are more popular than JRPGs in NA and EU.

There's no need to repeat my point for me.
#42OEIO999Posted 10/7/2012 2:46:10 AM
meteor9898 posted...
Also theres literally zero glitches in the game as of now and this is coming from 12MB save file.

Literally zero glitches? In a Bethesda game? Puh-leaze.

Yup, but only on the vanilla version of both Skyrim and FO3. It's when they bring in the DLCs, that things get f***** up again
#43jfielding95Posted 10/7/2012 2:46:46 AM
Char_AznabIe posted...
jfielding95 posted...
_Snowx_ posted...
Because WRPGs are aimed at a far larger audience than JRPGs.
JRPG is an almost dead genre outside of Japan. Only FF and Pokemon manage to do well outside of their country.

Also, Skyrim is mainly a PC game (playing it on consoles is sheer masochism - good luck dealing with the million of glitches it's full of) and PCs are far more widespread than PS3 and Xbox360.

But...Skyrim sold more on consoles...

That doesn't change the fact that it is a PC game. The game is a lacklustre shell of a game on the consoles, and needs that fan material to be great. Which is also why I consider the game crap.

I never said the game was good.
His point was that it sold well because there are a lot more PC's than consoles, despite selling 5x more on consoles.
I never said it wasn't a PC game, but if you subtract the PC sales, the game still has sold more than any FF game.
#44meteor9898Posted 10/7/2012 2:55:04 AM
Yup, but only on the vanilla version of both Skyrim and FO3. It's when they bring in the DLCs, that things get f***** up again

Well, either you can't tell a glitch when its happening or you have a version of the game no one else has. I've heard horror stories about Skyrim on the PS3, not the least of which is the save bloat and slowdown, which apparently happens to everyone the longer the game is played and there's no fix for it.
#45jfielding95Posted 10/7/2012 3:00:30 AM
meteor9898 posted...

Well, either you can't tell a glitch when its happening or you have a version of the game no one else has. I've heard horror stories about Skyrim on the PS3, not the least of which is the save bloat and slowdown, which apparently happens to everyone the longer the game is played and there's no fix for it.

Bethesda have just realised and acknowledged that the game is broken too and that they are unable to fix it at the moment, despite it being released around 8 months prior to them saying this.
#46OEIO999Posted 10/7/2012 3:07:49 AM
meteor9898 posted...

Go and ask who has what version on the Skyrim - PS3 board. And like I said, "as of now" the majority of the glitches have been fixed. Unless your gonna throw a fit, because your horse can travel in a 80 degrees angle, I think ou should be alright
#47Wakizashi_513Posted 10/7/2012 3:10:36 AM
meteor9898 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Skyrim appeals to a broader demographic of gamers.

Thread should have ended with this. This guy is correct.

But it didn't used to be this way. According to VGcharts FFX sold more than Oblivion, and sold four times more than Morrowind during the same period.

One more thing to thank FFXIII for.

Should we blame FFXII as well since it sold less than all of them.
#48jfielding95Posted 10/7/2012 3:10:42 AM
OEIO999 posted...
meteor9898 posted...

Go and ask who has what version on the Skyrim - PS3 board. And like I said, "as of now" the majority of the glitches have been fixed. Unless your gonna throw a fit, because your horse can travel in a 80 degrees angle, I think ou should be alright

If the games is fixed, why don't you have the DLC?
#49LolOkayPosted 10/7/2012 3:31:49 AM
Skyrim is still a steaming pile on the PS3. I can't even use shouts properly because my save is 8000+ mbs.

And we still haven't even gotten dawnguard.
#50AngkorVatPosted 10/7/2012 3:34:02 AM
Because FFXIII was a miserable pile of ****.
---
.... and that concludes that. Wanna have sex?
Yes: 1 No: 3 oh...