Square Enix need to stop using FMV throughout FF games.

#1GalvanizationPosted 10/6/2012 3:11:49 PM
A long intro and ending FMV will suffice.

Honestly, the real-time graphics of FF games have evolved to a point where FMV is not really needed. The money spent on FMV could be used to provide actual gameplay/story aspects of the games.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 10/6/2012 3:30:57 PM
Yep.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#3LolOkayPosted 10/6/2012 3:31:34 PM
k
#4DilsDilevaPosted 10/6/2012 3:35:00 PM
I disagree. SE has always delivered jaw-dropping moments with FMVs (IX's Alexander, X's Sending and XIII's Eden), I'd hate for them to give that up.
---
H/W
#5FireMage7777Posted 10/6/2012 3:38:02 PM
For once, Gal makes sense
---
Is for some reason playing through the G.U. trilogy
#6ArronAubinPosted 10/6/2012 3:41:17 PM
DilsDileva posted...
I disagree. SE has always delivered jaw-dropping moments with FMVs (IX's Alexander, X's Sending and XIII's Eden), I'd hate for them to give that up.

Yeah, back THEN it was a treat. But now, a regular game looks JUST AS GOOD. And like TC said, waste of resources that could've been used to make the FF13 tril. not suck.
#7theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 4:02:11 PM
Excuse me? Hell no. Final Fantasy is known for its CGI. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing an amazing, jaw-dropping CGI cutscene after a difficult segment/boss or just making it that far into the game.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8grassybootsPosted 10/6/2012 4:02:31 PM
ArronAubin posted...
But now, a regular game looks JUST AS GOOD.

So where can one of your Playstation 5s be purchased?
---
U-Do is coming. Please look forward to this....
#9theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 4:03:13 PM
DilsDileva posted...

100% agree. I honestly hate how people are so against CGI this generation. Yeah, in-game visuals are good enough, but they are still nowhere NEAR the CGI found in games like Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy XIII, Starcraft, Diablo, etc. etc.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#10heartlessprinnyPosted 10/6/2012 4:04:05 PM
I don't like them when the characters don't look consistent. It was a bit of a problem in FFX and it's also a problem in KH.