Square Enix need to stop using FMV throughout FF games.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Square Enix need to stop using FMV throughout FF games.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
4 years ago#1
A long intro and ending FMV will suffice.

Honestly, the real-time graphics of FF games have evolved to a point where FMV is not really needed. The money spent on FMV could be used to provide actual gameplay/story aspects of the games.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
4 years ago#2
Yep.
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.

User Info: LolOkay

LolOkay
4 years ago#3
k

User Info: DilsDileva

DilsDileva
4 years ago#4
I disagree. SE has always delivered jaw-dropping moments with FMVs (IX's Alexander, X's Sending and XIII's Eden), I'd hate for them to give that up.
H/W

User Info: FireMage7777

FireMage7777
4 years ago#5
For once, Gal makes sense
Is for some reason playing through the G.U. trilogy

User Info: ArronAubin

ArronAubin
4 years ago#6
DilsDileva posted...
I disagree. SE has always delivered jaw-dropping moments with FMVs (IX's Alexander, X's Sending and XIII's Eden), I'd hate for them to give that up.

Yeah, back THEN it was a treat. But now, a regular game looks JUST AS GOOD. And like TC said, waste of resources that could've been used to make the FF13 tril. not suck.

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
4 years ago#7
Excuse me? Hell no. Final Fantasy is known for its CGI. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing an amazing, jaw-dropping CGI cutscene after a difficult segment/boss or just making it that far into the game.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: grassyboots

grassyboots
4 years ago#8
ArronAubin posted...
But now, a regular game looks JUST AS GOOD.

So where can one of your Playstation 5s be purchased?
U-Do is coming. Please look forward to this....

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
4 years ago#9
DilsDileva posted...

100% agree. I honestly hate how people are so against CGI this generation. Yeah, in-game visuals are good enough, but they are still nowhere NEAR the CGI found in games like Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy XIII, Starcraft, Diablo, etc. etc.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: heartlessprinny

heartlessprinny
4 years ago#10
I don't like them when the characters don't look consistent. It was a bit of a problem in FFX and it's also a problem in KH.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Square Enix need to stop using FMV throughout FF games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived