Square Enix need to stop using FMV throughout FF games.

#61theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 5:48:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#62FireMage7777Posted 10/6/2012 5:48:47 PM
TheBestGman2007 posted...
FM7(x4), you're the one who's wrong. "Japanese devs are the only ones who really still use it..."

You lost me there.

Uncharted, God of War, Gears of War, Halo, Resistance, Assassins reed, Dead Space, and Max Paine all use CG, and guess what??? Everyone of those is western.

Uncharted is all in game, as was Dead Space
---
Is for some reason playing through the G.U. trilogy
#63DraykonPosted 10/6/2012 5:51:12 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Draykon posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Draykon posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Excuse me? Hell no. Final Fantasy is known for its CGI. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing an amazing, jaw-dropping CGI cutscene after a difficult segment/boss or just making it that far into the game.

Really? How about an enjoyable game with great gameplay? It seems that they just string cutscenes together with a bit of gameplay. Final Fantasy used to be a video game series. It is now an interactive movie series.

Like I said a million times in this topic, you can have CGI and still have an amazing game. Or are you implying that FFXII is an interactive movie? Just because FFXIII was lacking in content, doesn't mean that all other games that use CGI do.

Chrono Cross.
Star Ocean series.
Final Fantasy (aside from XIII, I guess, since I need to opt that out for this) series.
Kingdom Hearts series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Valkyrie Profile series.
Tekken series.
Rogue Galaxy.
Vagrant Story.
Resonance of Fate.
Baten Kaitos.
Onimusha series.
Assassin's Creed series.
Fire Emblem 9 and 10.
Starcraft series.
Warcraft series.
Shadow Hearts series.
Diablo series.

etc. etc.

Just because ONE game that uses CGI is lacking in content, does not mean that all other games that use CGI do as well.

Uhh...I never said ALL games are interactive movies. I said Final Fantasy used to be about gameplay, not cutscenes. XII was a great game, with great gameplay. But instead of all of those CGI cutscenes, they could have used some of those resources and that space on the disk for some sidequests. Something non-combat related, just as a change of pace? Gold Saucer, Triple Triad, Blitzball were all enjoyable pastimes within the game. Something to break up the monotony of battle. XII could have benefit from something like that.

Also, Star Ocean might be a poor example to have on your list, with Star Ocean 4 having what felt like at least a half hour opening cutscene, and probably 6 to 7 hours of cutscenes throughout the game. But since you reminded me of SO4, perhaps SE has given gameplay a backseat to cutscenes this gen. Can't say for sure, as I haven't played NIER yet.

I agree, but I doubt CGI prevented it from implementing mini-games... the development team probably thought that they just wasn't necessary.

Also, even though SO4 has a ton of cutscenes, the game has a TON of content and it can take hundreds of hours to complete everything. A game can have a lot of cutscenes and a lot of content, y'know...

It did have a long story. But, I don't recall SO4 having much in the way of side content. I recall the arena. Other than that, just battle trophies. And I consider that just grindwork than side content. That's just me though. Was there something That I may have missed from the PS3 version?
---
"So...yeah....and stay dead." - Raven from Tales of Vesperia
(PSN: TheDraykon GT: Draykon)
#64theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 5:51:17 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
incorrect information vomited from mouth

Not at ALL. You really, REALLY need to get your eyes checked. Just because a game does not have a photorealistic art style, does not mean that the CGI doesn't ROFLstomp over games like DMC4 and Uncharted. Well, they do. The CGI I have posted ROFLstomps over them. If you SERIOUSLY think that DMC4 and Uncharted have better visuals than these games' CGI, you NEED to get your eyes checked, immediately.

Seriously, LOL @ implying that Blizzard's CGI team and Visual Works don't produce CGI on par with DMC4's and Uncharted's visuals. Get glasses.

Actually yes, it does. As I said the only thing last gen or on a handheld that can compare to this gens in game engines was Oni3. You are dismissed

Not at all. You seriously need to get your eyes checked, you have ****ing awful vision.

If you seriously think this:

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/02/devil_may_cry_4/b14.jpg

Looks better than this:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/014/f/a/sc2__the_betrayal_1_by_thebakhatman-d375w93.jpg

You need help immediately, sorry.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#65theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 5:53:51 PM
It did have a long story. But, I don't recall SO4 having much in the way of side content. I recall the arena. Other than that, just battle trophies. And I consider that just grindwork than side content. That's just me though. Was there something That I may have missed from the PS3 version?

Aside from the arena and battle trophies there were the two absolutely humongous post-game optional dungeons.

It has enough to last hundreds of hours. Even if SO4's content isn't particularly impressive, there are plenty of other games I listed that do :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#66FireMage7777Posted 10/6/2012 5:55:52 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Not at ALL. You really, REALLY need to get your eyes checked. Just because a game does not have a photorealistic art style, does not mean that the CGI doesn't ROFLstomp over games like DMC4 and Uncharted. Well, they do. The CGI I have posted ROFLstomps over them. If you SERIOUSLY think that DMC4 and Uncharted have better visuals than these games' CGI, you NEED to get your eyes checked, immediately.

Seriously, LOL @ implying that Blizzard's CGI team and Visual Works don't produce CGI on par with DMC4's and Uncharted's visuals. Get glasses.

Actually yes, it does. As I said the only thing last gen or on a handheld that can compare to this gens in game engines was Oni3. You are dismissed

Not at all. You seriously need to get your eyes checked, you have ****ing awful vision.

Looks better than this:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/014/f/a/sc2__the_betrayal_1_by_thebakhatman-d375w93.jpg

Starcraft is not last gen, you're the one that needs their eyes checked as I keep saying LAST gen. Herp derp. I see the only thing you're good for is a XIII-2 critique laundry list and nothing else
---
Is for some reason playing through the G.U. trilogy
#67theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 5:58:01 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Looks better than this:

Starcraft is not last gen, you're the one that needs their eyes checked as I keep saying LAST gen. Herp derp. I see the only thing you're good for is a XIII-2 critique laundry list and nothing else

Really? Are you serious?

Are you implying that DMC4's in-game visuals are better than Dirge of Cerberus' CGI? X-2's CGI? Baten Kaitos' opening? Crisis Core's CGI?

If so, you need your eyes checked.
---
#68theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 6:01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSEBAukcHaU

VS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgzq-xZXmMY

Which is better?

The latter, obviously, by FAR.
---
#69DraykonPosted 10/6/2012 6:02:15 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Aside from the arena and battle trophies there were the two absolutely humongous post-game optional dungeons.

It has enough to last hundreds of hours. Even if SO4's content isn't particularly impressive, there are plenty of other games I listed that do :p

True, but I was putting SE on trial there. SS used to do cutscenes as rewards for finishing a disk, or for only important scenes. Now they use it just whenever they want. Sure Alexandria in IX in FMV was great. So was X's Sending, and Aeris' death in VII. Or, one of the SS games you listed, Chrono Cross. Serge stabbing Kid was a great scene too.

But, I can't name any really beautiful moments in XII or XIII to warrant the CGI. Not to mention, I don't find them that enthralling anymore now that it isn't a huge leap in visuals between and cutscenes. Now it's about how many pores you could see on Lightning's face.
---
"So...yeah....and stay dead." - Raven from Tales of Vesperia
(PSN: TheDraykon GT: Draykon)
#70mahroflcopterPosted 10/6/2012 6:02:59 PM
@Officefan

Why you be pickin' on Devil May Cry 4? Don't you be pickin' on Devil May Cry 4... I SAY DON'T BE PICKING ON DAT DEVIL MAY CRY 4!!!!!
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"