Square Enix need to stop using FMV throughout FF games.

#81FireMage7777Posted 10/6/2012 7:25:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#82theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 7:28:38 PM(edited)
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Really? Are you serious?

Are you implying that DMC4's in-game visuals are better than Dirge of Cerberus' CGI? X-2's CGI? Baten Kaitos' opening? Crisis Core's CGI?

If so, you need your eyes checked.

I'm not implying, I'm flat out telling you. Each of those look worse than the original Advent Children at their best, which doesn't compare to DMC4 in game

Okay then you seriously need to get your eyes checked. No, seriously, you do. You need serious help if you think that's true.

Or you could be a stubborn weeaboo moron...

Yes I am a weeaboo for pointing out the blatantly obvious. The funny thing is, not all of the games that I used as examples were Japanese.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#83DraykonPosted 10/6/2012 7:30:15 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
No, no. I mean each INDIVIDUAL FF from VII-X has 50+ CGI cutscenes.

What? I find that hard to believe that FFVII had 50+ FMV cutscenes. I'll have to go back through the game and check it out.
---
"So...yeah....and stay dead." - Raven from Tales of Vesperia
(PSN: TheDraykon GT: Draykon)
#84FireMage7777Posted 10/6/2012 7:32:40 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Really? Are you serious?

Are you implying that DMC4's in-game visuals are better than Dirge of Cerberus' CGI? X-2's CGI? Baten Kaitos' opening? Crisis Core's CGI?

If so, you need your eyes checked.

I'm not implying, I'm flat out telling you. Each of those look worse than the original Advent Children at their best, which doesn't compare to DMC4 in game

Okay then you seriously need to get your eyes checked. No, seriously, you do. You need serious help if you think that's true.

Or you could be a stubborn weeaboo moron...

Yes I am a weeaboo for pointing out the blatantly obvious. The funny thing is, not all of the games that I used as examples were Japanese.

No, it IS based upon your examples
---
Is for some reason playing through the G.U. trilogy
#85theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 7:53:18 PM
Draykon posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
No, no. I mean each INDIVIDUAL FF from VII-X has 50+ CGI cutscenes.

What? I find that hard to believe that FFVII had 50+ FMV cutscenes. I'll have to go back through the game and check it out.

According to this account:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6AD7989F36AEE45E

FFVII has 62 CGI cutscenes
FFVIII has 88 CGI cutscenes
FFIX has 56 CGI cutscenes
FFX has 53 CGI cutscenes
FFXII has 36 CGI cutscenes

And according to this account:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3F63F6319A9524DB

FFXIII has 22 CGI cutscenes (it has 23 listed but one of them is actually an in-engine cutscene that was accidentally uploaded)
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#86theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 7:54:29 PM

Blizzard games and Assassin's Creed are Japanese games? 0_o

News to me.
---
#87hambaconeggPosted 10/6/2012 8:10:33 PM
Sorry but...

FFIX cutscenes >>> FFXIII in-game
#88mahroflcopterPosted 10/6/2012 8:25:18 PM
Draykon posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Draykon posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
@Officefan

Why you be pickin' on Devil May Cry 4? Don't you be pickin' on Devil May Cry 4... I SAY DON'T BE PICKING ON DAT DEVIL MAY CRY 4!!!!!

4 did kinda suck though...I think it's the new Devil May Cry 2.

I be pretendin' y'all didn't say that, now.

Aight...but Nero did dun broke dah series. Heck, we could blame NEro for now having Donte...

/troll

Now listen here sonny! Dat boy Nero be 200 times betta den dat fool New Dante! Wat wit all his "F*** YOU'S" and his "LOOK AT MEH! IMMA BE EDGY *starts smoking, drinking, looking like a hobo, swearing, and giving the middle finger*!" Boy be tryin' too hard ta have wat Original Dante had naturally!
---
"Mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter... mahroflcopter goes squa squa squa!"
#89theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 8:34:56 PM
hambaconegg posted...
Sorry but...

FFIX cutscenes >>> FFXIII in-game

Mmm well for the MOST part I disagree, but there are some that still look fantastic.

Like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-xHoDjyZI
---
#90Corbenik888Posted 10/6/2012 8:47:14 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

Blizzard games and Assassin's Creed are Japanese games? 0_o

News to me.

Are either of Blizzard games you're listing or AC last gen? No, I didn't think so. BTW its so cute you had to call a mod when confronted with the truth. Stay classy
---
Pirate_Duck: I think its great that Toriyama is trying to rewrite history like this. It means that I can hate him as a person, not just as a game designer.