Square Enix need to stop using FMV throughout FF games.

#91theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 8:50:14 PM(edited)
Corbenik888 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
No, it IS based upon your examples

Blizzard games and Assassin's Creed are Japanese games? 0_o

News to me.

Are either of Blizzard games you're listing or AC last gen? No, I didn't think so. BTW its so cute you had to call a mod when confronted with the truth. Stay classy

He was talking about overall examples this time, not just previous gens.

Huh? I never marked anyone. I think it's "cute" how you assumed that I marked him when I didn't mark anyone. I rarely mark anyone ever.

And yes, I'm a weaboo even though I can happily play non-Japanese games and I always want English voice acting in games and I hate games like Atelier/Toki To Towa/Cross Edge/etc. etc....

---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#92Corbenik888Posted 10/6/2012 8:54:51 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Corbenik888 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

News to me.

Are either of Blizzard games you're listing or AC last gen? No, I didn't think so. BTW its so cute you had to call a mod when confronted with the truth. Stay classy

Huh? I never marked anyone. I think it's "cute" how you assumed that I marked him when I didn't mark anyone. I rarely mark anyone ever.

And yes, I'm a weaboo even though I can happily play non-Japanese games and I always want English voice acting in games and I hate games like Atelier/Toki To Towa/Cross Edge/etc. etc....

No, I was talking last gen
---
Pirate_Duck: I think its great that Toriyama is trying to rewrite history like this. It means that I can hate him as a person, not just as a game designer.
#93theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 9:05:02 PM
Corbenik888 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Corbenik888 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

News to me.

No, I was talking last gen

Oh, this is your alt account? Well anyways, I didn't mark you. I have never marked any of your posts.

And I know you were talking about last gen in previous posts, but when I brought up examples, such as Blizzard games and Assassin's Creed, well, those aren't Japanese games.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#94Corbenik888Posted 10/6/2012 9:09:53 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Oh, this is your alt account? Well anyways, I didn't mark you. I have never marked any of your posts.

And I know you were talking about last gen in previous posts, but when I brought up examples, such as Blizzard games and Assassin's Creed, well, those aren't Japanese games.

Nor are they last gen, herpity derpity derp
---
Pirate_Duck: I think its great that Toriyama is trying to rewrite history like this. It means that I can hate him as a person, not just as a game designer.
#95theofficefan99Posted 10/6/2012 9:18:50 PM
Corbenik888 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Nor are they last gen, herpity derpity derp

I know they aren't last gen (I don't really know of too many Western games that used CGI last gen actually), I was just stating that multiple examples of mine were not Japanese, therefore the weeaboo accusation is faulty, to say the least.
---
#96MalakTawusPosted 10/7/2012 12:31:59 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Really? Are you serious?

Are you implying that DMC4's in-game visuals are better than Dirge of Cerberus' CGI? X-2's CGI? Baten Kaitos' opening? Crisis Core's CGI?

If so, you need your eyes checked.

I'm not implying, I'm flat out telling you. Each of those look worse than the original Advent Children at their best, which doesn't compare to DMC4 in game

HahahaHAhaHahAhaHAhahahaHAhahAhaHA!!!!!

Oh god, some people are really desperate denying the obvious,lol.
No seriously, this was a joke,right?
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#97Corbenik888Posted 10/7/2012 3:42:43 PM
MalakTawus posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Really? Are you serious?

Are you implying that DMC4's in-game visuals are better than Dirge of Cerberus' CGI? X-2's CGI? Baten Kaitos' opening? Crisis Core's CGI?

I'm not implying, I'm flat out telling you. Each of those look worse than the original Advent Children at their best, which doesn't compare to DMC4 in game

Nope. Flat out truth
---
#98theofficefan99Posted 10/7/2012 3:43:54 PM
MalakTawus posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Really? Are you serious?

The guy is blind and/or deluded.
---
#99ragnarokiusPosted 10/7/2012 3:53:09 PM
totally
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#100ShinGundamPosted 10/7/2012 5:11:30 PM
That would be terrible to do, realtime cutscenes in FF are stiff and limited, sometimes has many repetitive gestures and loading times at worst. If anything Square should keep FMVs but instead of focusing on action oriented FMVs like in FF12/13, they have to make more character or plot important FMVs and let the action for game itself.